Congrats To Bama

boddatiger99

Geez man, somebody get a clue. (Even my "rational" Bama buddy is going crazy after yesterday.)

Congrats Bama on an incredible recruiting class. Quite impressive. Guess what though? We still don't care. It does NOTHING to our confidence and what we have going. Great things have been happening on the Plains and will continue. And guess what? MAIN POINT: We have beaten you six in a row. We have won 10 out of the last 15 Iron Bowls. We still think you are overrated and that your fan base is absolutely ridiculous.

But congrats on a good recruiting class. B)

Oh, and War Eagle!

Geez man, somebody get a clue. (Even my "rational" Bama buddy is going crazy after yesterday.)

Congrats Bama on an incredible recruiting class. Quite impressive. Guess what though? We still don't care. It does NOTHING to our confidence and what we have going. Great things have been happening on the Plains and will continue. And guess what? MAIN POINT: We have beaten you six in a row. We have won 10 out of the last 15 Iron Bowls. We still think you are overrated and that your fan base is absolutely ridiculous.

But congrats on a good recruiting class. B)

Oh, and War Eagle!

This recruiting class guarantees Alabama at least 2 national championships. In fact, we should just cancel the 2009 season, because that will be their year.

You shouldn't care, or be worried. The only time you should, is if we can pull in a class like this next year, which obviously I think we will. Only then should anyone in the SEC worry. It takes time to get guys in and doing what you need, but I think 'Bama will turn a corner soon.

Ashandarei's right, you guys shouldn't care. It's not your program...so why would you? You should just appreciate the fact that we're excited, as you would be if you were in our shoes. Trying to play down the class, or make excuses won't make us feel bad, or deflate us. In fact, probably the opposite.

Ashandarei's right, you guys shouldn't care. It's not your program...so why would you? You should just appreciate the fact that we're excited, as you would be if you were in our shoes. Trying to play down the class, or make excuses won't make us feel bad, or deflate us. In fact, probably the opposite.

word......

I suppose what I'm trying to say in the post...what I'm trying to combat - is all the stupid comments from Bammers. (Even from my rational Bama buddy). Recent comments heard: "Auburn is scared. THIS is finally it, we are truly back now (how stinkin' long have we heard this?!). Y'alls recruiting class stunk. Told you Saban was a genuis. This guy will do this and did you know this guy is this tall and blah blah blah...."

Overhype man. Has Tuberville and the Tigers not shown you and everyone else the importance of developing the player, the whole player? Have we not done more with far "less" recruiting classes? It boils down to this: (Just my opinion here.) Bama throws money at things and comes close to selling their soul for winning. They put too much stock in recruiting classes and rely WAY TOO MUCH on "big name" coaches. Dude, we beat y'all this past year with the 101st ranked offense. We don't just use important terms for marketing stuff and cool pre-grame videos: TEAMWORK, LEADERSHIP, CHARACTER, TRADITION. That's how we operate. That's what Tuberville (love em or hate em) has built this dominate (at least over you) program on.

They put too much stock in recruiting classes and rely WAY TOO MUCH on "big name" coaches.

I'll tell you this, and I say say this in all seriousness, if TT left right now, you guys would try to hire a "big name" coach. You know why? Because, CTT has brought you to the point, whether you realize it or not, that you can get big name coaches. Now, that doesn't come up much because CTT has been there for nearly 10 years, and probably won't leave for a few more.

CTT has made you guys into a much larger program than you were before, so CTT has become a big name coach. And you rely on him...a lot. We can afford to pay the salary, and draw big name coaches....but so do you guys. You just haven't had to yet. But, that day will come eventually...and you'll be glad that you have the clout to throw at those big time guys.

They put too much stock in recruiting classes and rely WAY TOO MUCH on "big name" coaches.

I'll tell you this, and I say say this in all seriousness, if TT left right now, you guys would try to hire a "big name" coach. You know why? Because, CTT has brought you to the point, whether you realize it or not, that you can get big name coaches. Now, that doesn't come up much because CTT has been there for nearly 10 years, and probably won't leave for a few more.

CTT has made you guys into a much larger program than you were before, so CTT has become a big name coach. And you rely on him...a lot. We can afford to pay the salary, and draw big name coaches....but so do you guys. You just haven't had to yet. But, that day will come eventually...and you'll be glad that you have the clout to throw at those big time guys.

That's a good valid point. HOWEVER, we will not worship the ground they walk on and give him kisses and flowers at the airport and make t-shirts. If we did, consider me out of the family. But I have no worries with that. I know my Auburn family.

That's a good valid point. HOWEVER, we will not worship the ground they walk on and give him kisses and flowers at the airport and make t-shirts. If we did, consider me out of the family. But I have no worries with that. I know my Auburn family.

I know what you mean. I like Saban, and was excited when he came here, but that kind of hero worship is silly as all get out. I can't deny that Auburn fans, per capita, are more grounded than Alabama fans.

I know what you mean. I like Saban, and was excited when he came here, but that kind of hero worship is silly as all get out. I can't deny that Auburn fans, per capita, are more grounded than Alabama fans.

Heart be still! A rational Bama fan! (Shire, this is a compliment. I know it probably didn't sound like one.)

Congrats, but keep it all in perspective...

Dont get too excited/worried about this tho. Dubose signed 3 consecutive Top 3 Classes after the 97-98-99 seasons. We all know how that turned out for them. So all Saban has to do is sign two more Top 3 classes and he can be in the same league as CMD.

97 played 98-99-00-01 Record:7-5, 10-3, 3-8, 7-5 or 27-21=.562

98 played 99-00-01-02 Record:10-3, 3-8, 7-5, 10-3 or 30-19=.612 not a really bad run...not great either.

99 played 00-01-02-03 Record:3-8, 7-5, 10-3, 4-9 or 24-24=.500 "the greatest DL ever signed in college football" went .500

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...mp;#entry459160

Dont get too excited/worried about this tho. Dubose signed 3 consecutive Top 3 Classes after the 97-98-99 seasons. We all know how that turned out for them. So all Saban has to do is sign two more Top 3 classes and he can be in the same league as CMD.

98 played 99-00-01-02 Record:10-3, 3-8, 7-5, 10-3 or 30-19=.612 not a really bad run...not great either.

99 played 00-01-02-03 Record:3-8, 7-5, 10-3, 4-9 or 24-24=.500 "the greatest DL ever signed in college football" went .500

we did manage to win an SEC Championship in 99 tho.....

we did manage to win an SEC Championship in 99 tho.....

and the 97 and 98 classes were only FR and SO at that point. I doubt were THE reason for the 99 Team Success.

Archived