Rashad update...

Ashandarei

But I guess if it gets throw out, it's because we paid the judge, or because he's a football player... never that the report, and video are different.

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM!

Damn dude... you got me. I forgot that Saban has control over video surveillance too!

TUSCALOOSA -- Alabama football captain Rashad Johnson has been offered a plea deal that includes dismissal of his disorderly conduct charge with conditions, his attorney told The Birmingham News today.

Johnson, who was arrested on the morning of Feb. 23 for an incident that occurred on the Tuscaloosa strip, is considering the offer, Johnson's attorney, Josh Swords, said.

In exchange for Johnson's acceptance of the offer provided by the Tuscaloosa city attorney's office, Johnson would likely have to perform community service.

One of the issues being considered, Swords said, is that the police report authored by Tuscaloosa Police officer Derek Kilgore and the surveillance video taken from four angles at The Legacy that night offer different accounts.

Swords said meetings are scheduled for next week that could finalize the deal.

Guess now we know what Saban discussed in his meeting with the Mayor.. :poke:

Seriously, though (and I mean it as a legal question on my part, not a Bama slam--it could refer to any such resolution in any such case): I've never heard of a plea bargain deal that did not involve at least a "plea"--i.e., an admission of guilt to something. What is there to plea to if the charges are dismissed? How can one have the charges dismissed, but still do community service for the charges?

Seems like if the video evidence was strong enough to have the charges dismissed, Rashad's lawyer would reject the community service demand. How can a court make you pay penance for something you aren't charged with? I know I'd be pissed if my lawyer told me "Good news--thanks to the video evidence we're getting the charges dismissed. ...But the court's still going to make you pay the penalty." Shouldn't no charges mean no penalty?

The good news, however: Looks like TPD will be getting some nicely washed and waxed patrol cars.

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM!

Damn dude... you got me. I forgot that Saban has control over video surveillance too!

So, you're okay with your team captain going out at night and getting into fights as long as they win football games, right?

Tuberville suspended Blackmon for SIX games for getting an MIP. Not drunk and disorderly conduct. He could have been carrying a beer for a friend for all we know. But he was suspended for six games. You have players bash their heads against police cars and they get nothing. You have players getting into fights in the middle of the night with authority figures, and they get nothing.

You're an idiot. A blatant, outspoken idiot. You haven't seen the video. The guy is going to accept a PLEA BARGAIN, which means he says, "I'm saying I'm guilty only because you're going to give me a weaker punishment." Saban will give NO punishment for a player admitting guilt to a crime. You really are okay with that?

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birmingh....xml&coll=2

Swords said Saban has been involved in helping to create a better relationship between his football team and authority figures in Tuscaloosa.

"(Saban) hasn't been here long and he wants to become more familiar with people of authority in the city and build relationships with these people," Swords said. "Hopefully, that will build a better future for everyone involved. Everyone is excited about doing that, instead of moving the other way."

Uhh, Coach--how 'bout the old concept of "Don't start nothin', there won't be nothin'"? That relationship works pretty well for most law-abiding citizens in this nation!

You're an idiot. A blatant, outspoken idiot. You haven't seen the video. The guy is going to accept a PLEA BARGAIN, which means he says, "I'm saying I'm guilty only because you're going to give me a weaker punishment." Saban will give NO punishment for a player admitting guilt to a crime. You really are okay with that?

Thanks, I love you too. Look, he could admit to pushing the Bouncer, everyone knows that happened. There for that's where the community service would come in. The main factor in this is that the video shows one thing, and the police report says another. There were 4 different angles that caught what happened. Why is that so hard to understand? Also, I never said they can do what they want so long as we win. Don't put words in my mouth, idiot. Besides, I don't have to see the video to know that somethings amiss with the situation, otherwise, why would they even mention that there was a difference in what the police put and the video evidence? But before you try to say I said something... I do not think the police are out to get our guys, just something needs to be done to make sure that the correct legal action is taken, and I don't think that can happen when you have one side saying this, and a video saying that.

The plea sounds like the right thing, and it doesn't sound like anything was really amiss. The only thing I'd say is that Rashad still deserves to be suspended. If he played for us, he would be. He's a captain. He sets the example for the whole team. He shouldn't be out pushing bouncers or even putting himself in that situation. THAT is why he should be suspended. It won't happen, but it should.

Again, who is giving the information? Oh yeah, Johnson's lawyer! He would have no reason to say something that might get public sentiment on the side of his client, would he? He is absolutely neutral.

Watch your sources. They have gotten Bammers in trouble (and given them false hope) since Antonio Langham.

I don't doubt that Johnson has recieved an offer. From what Saban tells me he deserves it. :) But, you should stop acting like it was nothing.

So, you're okay with your team captain going out at night and getting into fights as long as they win football games, right?

Yeah, I never got into any scrapes on the strip when I was in college. <_<

You wanna dog somebody, dog Elder for his pellet gun armed robbery crap. But a guy gettin into a little shoving match on the strip is not that big of a deal. Especially not for a 21 year old. The only reason it's news is because it happened to be a football player.

You wanna dog somebody, dog Elder for his pellet gun armed robbery crap. But a guy gettin into a little shoving match on the strip is not that big of a deal. Especially not for a 21 year old. The only reason it's news is because it happened to be a football player.

There was obviously a little more than just "getting into a little shoving match" BG. Maybe it shouldn't have gotten as far as it did, but it if he's in a plea situation, and even the plea leaves him carrying a stiff probation and other community service considerations, he took it too far.

Besides, it's the very FACT that he's a football player on a team with a very bad "vibe" around it right now, that screams for him to be doing better.

Everything people have said about him being suspended from the team for some amount of time DURING THE SEASON, is NOT unreasonable.

I'd expect you even to admit as much.

and that the boys on your team can't seem to keep their arms out of handcuffs for longer than a few weeks at a time. whether or not your bad ass got into it on the strip is not the topic of discussion. nobody knows you from any other bama bangs douche in tuscaloosa. those kids are being given a free ride to play a sport on a huge national stage and be idolized for it and pampered beyond belief. they need to understand their situation and hold themselves to a higher standard of behavior, especially the ones in leadership positions. if they don't, they get their faces and names plastered all over the news for other reasons than what they're meant to be there for. serves them right. and yes, i'd feel exactly the same way about it if it was one of ours. you act up, you pay the price.

p.s. i don't care who you are, fighting in public is absolutely retarded. any civilized human being ought to know how to keep his damn hands to himself, especially since it has serious legal consequences.

Thanks, I love you too. Look, he could admit to pushing the Bouncer, everyone knows that happened. There for that's where the community service would come in. The main factor in this is that the video shows one thing, and the police report says another. There were 4 different angles that caught what happened. Why is that so hard to understand? Also, I never said they can do what they want so long as we win. Don't put words in my mouth, idiot. Besides, I don't have to see the video to know that somethings amiss with the situation, otherwise, why would they even mention that there was a difference in what the police put and the video evidence? But before you try to say I said something... I do not think the police are out to get our guys, just something needs to be done to make sure that the correct legal action is taken, and I don't think that can happen when you have one side saying this, and a video saying that.

VIDEO SAYING WHAT? Link it because I want to know what you're talking about with these angles and other crap.

The fact that you're on here defending a player for getting into trouble at 3:00am is ludicrous. You Bammers spin everything to look the best for you. Why else would you do that? Is it to benefit the kid in trouble? Or is it to benefit the player in trouble so that he can play on Saturday? You might not be quotable, but every time you come on here and claim that there shouldn't be a football related punishment when a football player is ruining the reputation of your team, you are saying, "win at all costs."

VIDEO SAYING WHAT? Link it because I want to know what you're talking about with these angles and other crap.

The fact that you're on here defending a player for getting into trouble at 3:00am is ludicrous. You Bammers spin everything to look the best for you. Why else would you do that? Is it to benefit the kid in trouble? Or is it to benefit the player in trouble so that he can play on Saturday? You might not be quotable, but every time you come on here and claim that there shouldn't be a football related punishment when a football player is ruining the reputation of your team, you are saying, "win at all costs."

The video is different than what the cops said! Jesus man, I'm not making this up. It was in the article I posted. How is this so hard for you to understand that maybe, just f'n maybe he didn't do all the was said? I would like to see the video, but it's not out that I know of. You have no idea what I am trying to say, or what I am defending. Should he be suspended? Maybe, maybe not. Most of that could revolve around the cameras I would think. Will he? Doubt it. But in the end what does it matter what I think on this one situation?

I also think it's funny that you all don't see how blind you AU fans are. You WANT this guy to be a criminal. You have already found him guilty...even without conviction. Because you don't have to wait for the facts when a bama player is involved.

And NOW theres freaking VIDEO that conflicts with the officer's report...and the DA office extends a plea and is willing to DROP THE CHARGES thanks to said video.

But ooohhhh no. He was out a 3am. He plays for Alabama.

He's guilty.

Next week the same freaking thing could happen to an AU player and he would get the biggest benefit of the doubt in the world. Because you all are so snowed into thinking that there's one ounce of difference in kids who play for Auburn vs kids who play for Alabama. They aren't 18-22 year old kids...there "thugs and criminals" and "church going saints"...

There is NO DIFFERENCE between the players who pick AU and the players who pick UA in terms of character, moral standing, or behavior. When you have 135 kids playing college football...some are going to make mistakes. Some aren't.

The pious holier than though s*** is hackneyed.

"One of the issues being considered, Swords said, is that the police report authored by Tuscaloosa Police officer Derek Kilgore and the surveillance video taken from four angles at The Legacy that night offer different accounts."

Everything in that article quotes Johnson's lawyer. Not a neutral source and very possibly he's lying, or at least spinning. If Johnson is considering accepting a plea, he's considering pleading guilty as part of the deal. Book 'im, Dano.

I also think it's funny that you all don't see how blind you AU fans are. You WANT this guy to be a criminal. You have already found him guilty...even without conviction. Because you don't have to wait for the facts when a bama player is involved.

And NOW theres freaking VIDEO that conflicts with the officer's report...and the DA office extends a plea and is willing to DROP THE CHARGES thanks to said video.

But ooohhhh no. He was out a 3am. He plays for Alabama.

He's guilty.

Next week the same freaking thing could happen to an AU player and he would get the biggest benefit of the doubt in the world. Because you all are so snowed into thinking that there's one ounce of difference in kids who play for Auburn vs kids who play for Alabama. They aren't 18-22 year old kids...there "thugs and criminals" and "church going saints"...

There is NO DIFFERENCE between the players who pick AU and the players who pick UA in terms of character, moral standing, or behavior. When you have 135 kids playing college football...some are going to make mistakes. Some aren't.

The pious holier than though s*** is hackneyed.

horse***t.

The reason why you can't prove what we Auburn fans would do if this happened to one of our players is because it ISN'T HAPPENING TO ONE OF OUR PLAYERS. Instead, it's happening to players that are part of a team that has received a ridiculous amount of hype the past few weeks based one ONE recruiting class. We are simply trying to point out that things at the Capstone are not going well.

And this has nothing to do with the players. This has everything to do with the coach. As I said earlier, do you want these kids to be found innocent, or do you want the player to be found innocent? It's funny how whenever a Bama player gets into trouble, everybody waits and see what the proclaimed St. Saban of Discipline is going to do. It's always the same spin. Saban does NOTHING. It's a joke.

I don't care what the video shows, honestly. You have me on that one. I don't care because even if it shows him doing a lesser CRIME, he's still doing something that hurts the reputation and the character of the Alabama football program. The same program that was shoved down our throats when Saban was hired, when Bama had 92,000 at their A-Day game, when Bama beat Arkansas, when Bama almost beat LSU, when Bama won their bowl game, when Bama signed a great recruiting class. That's what the media and the Crimson masses has shouted from the rooftops. The fact that Saban has ZERO credibility when it comes to discipline has been on the hush-hush. Rashad Johnson didn't do what was originally report. Big F-ING whup. He still did something. He was in a 3am skirmish at a bar known for getting Bama players into trouble, and he's not going to miss a minute of playing time.

But yeah, you're right. Auburn fans are just out to get those pesky Bammers.

The video is different than what the cops said! Jesus man, I'm not making this up. It was in the article I posted. How is this so hard for you to understand that maybe, just f'n maybe he didn't do all the was said? I would like to see the video, but it's not out that I know of. You have no idea what I am trying to say, or what I am defending. Should he be suspended? Maybe, maybe not. Most of that could revolve around the cameras I would think. Will he? Doubt it. But in the end what does it matter what I think on this one situation?

how do you feel about the other seven?

horse***t.

The reason why you can't prove what we Auburn fans would do if this happened to one of our players is because it ISN'T HAPPENING TO ONE OF OUR PLAYERS. Instead, it's happening to players that are part of a team that has received a ridiculous amount of hype the past few weeks based one ONE recruiting class. We are simply trying to point out that things at the Capstone are not going well.

And this has nothing to do with the players. This has everything to do with the coach. As I said earlier, do you want these kids to be found innocent, or do you want the player to be found innocent? It's funny how whenever a Bama player gets into trouble, everybody waits and see what the proclaimed St. Saban of Discipline is going to do. It's always the same spin. Saban does NOTHING. It's a joke.

I don't care what the video shows, honestly. You have me on that one. I don't care because even if it shows him doing a lesser CRIME, he's still doing something that hurts the reputation and the character of the Alabama football program. The same program that was shoved down our throats when Saban was hired, when Bama had 92,000 at their A-Day game, when Bama beat Arkansas, when Bama almost beat LSU, when Bama won their bowl game, when Bama signed a great recruiting class. That's what the media and the Crimson masses has shouted from the rooftops. The fact that Saban has ZERO credibility when it comes to discipline has been on the hush-hush. Rashad Johnson didn't do what was originally report. Big F-ING whup. He still did something. He was in a 3am skirmish at a bar known for getting Bama players into trouble, and he's not going to miss a minute of playing time.

There you go again. 3am. Wooo weee. It MUST be bad if he was awake at 3am. So freaking what. What have we got in the last year?

2 bad arrests. TWO. We had Deaderick, who should have been suspended. And we had Elder who got kicked off the team.

I read the arrest report on Simeon. I've said my piece on that. He didn't do anything that MOST people here haven't done before. He yelled at some buddies in their car on the strip. During and post arrest the officer noted how respectful and well mannered he was.

We had a guy get "arrested" because he couldn't produce proof of insurance. Big freaking whoop.

We had Upchurch get arrested for getting loud on the strip.

And we had Rashad Johnson get arrested...and there's apparently enough VIDEO evidence to have the DA's office offer up a plea and drop the charges...and we are talking about a guy who has a 4 year history of being respectful of the media, respectful on the field, a leader in the COMMUNITY, and a leader in the classroom. But you are ready to label him a thugh because he was having too much fun at 3am (non alcohol related I might add).

A little different when it's put into perspective...but nooooo not for you. Murder is the same as distrubing the public to you guys...as long as they play for Bama.

horse***t.

There you go again. 3am. Wooo weee. It MUST be bad if he was awake at 3am. So freaking what. What have we got in the last year?

2 bad arrests. TWO. We had Deaderick, who should have been suspended. And we had Elder who got kicked off the team.

I read the arrest report on Simeon. I've said my piece on that. He didn't do anything that MOST people here haven't done before. He yelled at some buddies in their car on the strip. During and post arrest the officer noted how respectful and well mannered he was.

We had a guy get "arrested" because he couldn't produce proof of insurance. Big freaking whoop.

And we had Rashad Johnson get arrested...and there's apparently enough VIDEO evidence to have the DA's office offer up a plea and drop the charges...and we are talking about a guy who has a 4 year history of being respectful of the media, respectful on the field, a leader in the COMMUNITY, and a leader in the classroom. But you are ready to label him a thugh because he was having too much fun at 3am (non alcohol related I might add).

A little different when it's put into perspective...but nooooo not for you. Murder is the same as distrubing the public to you guys...as long as they play for Bama.

You're hilarious BG... You'd try and put a silver lining on a turd if it made you feel better.

Obviously, the arrests and other discipline problems are all being made up by just us Aubs....

We should really not care or talk about this...

It's all in our heads...

As far as OUR side of the rainbow BG...

You've got a raving lunatic running a program that's in a downward spiral, not the opposite, and your players can't seem to understand, or gather where they can, and where they can't go without getting in trouble...

Not OUR problem, but hilarious none the less...

Your plight is an interesting one, but gains you nothing here...

horse***t.

sounds to me like the tpd is just out to get your whole football team. they must be on lowder's payroll. big bad policemen, bama players just wanna have fun. let them be loud as hell, push people around, hold people up with pellet guns, and headbutt police property under assumed names. they "don't give a f***" what you think about it. they just don't want you to "hurt their draft status." quit singling them out. and while you're at it, get langford's men to lay off the sga members too, aight?

sounds to me like the tpd is just out to get your whole football team. they must be on lowder's payroll. big bad policemen, bama players just wanna have fun. let them be loud as hell, push people around, hold people up with pellet guns, and headbutt police property under assumed names. they "don't give a f***" what you think about it. they just don't want you to "hurt their draft status." quit singling them out. and while you're at it, get langford's men to lay off the sga members too, aight?

Like I said. 2 bad instances. 2.

And one of them was kicked off the team. One wasn't punished properly.

Oh wait...I'm sure you think the guy who couldn't produce his insurance card should be kicked off the team....I mean afterall, he's a Bama football player...so he must be a bad dude.

BG, I don't think there's a difference between a lot of the kids that SIGN with either school. I think they learn it once they get there. And if you really don't think there is a huge difference between the discipline on one side and the discipline on the other, you're crazy, and you're going to be confused again when you lose again. That's got a lot to do with it.

Seriously, one of the major differences between the way the two programs are run can be seen in just a few examples: Lemarcus Rowell and Ray Hudson, Robert Dunn and DJ Hall, and Tray Blackmon. Rowell was arrested once (with weed supposedly involved), pulled over another time (with a suspended license as I recall), and got in trouble in class one other time... he was excused from the team for one year after the first arrest. When he came back he had the other brush ups and was basically booted.

Ray, on the other hand, got arrested with weed involved. However since you "weren't sure" how it was going to turn out, he was on the field for the Auburn game less than two weeks later. Similar arrest (neither resulted in major convictions), one year versus two weeks.

In the same season, Robert Dunn and DJ Hall showed up their coaches at practice and both supposedly received a one game suspension (Dunn for the UGA game, Hall for the LaMo game). Dunn (a starting receiver) didn't get to travel and sat one of our biggest games of the year. Hall's suspension was either 1) lighter than it should have been (if you believe that he wasn't suspended for a full game), 2) lifted in desperation, or 3) lifted because the players bucked the coaches at the half. Either way, it's not good.

Finally, you have the Tray Blackmon example. No school. No. School. In the whole country would've suspended their most talented linebacker (arguably the best defender on the team) for 7 games (bowl game the preceding year) for an MIP. That is much less than a brush up with a bouncer on the strip. That's about the weakest arrest you can ever get in college. And he landed a 7 game suspension. Heck, it might've been overkill, but you can bet your ass he got the message.

So I agree. There is basically no difference between the guys Bama and Auburn sign. There are major difference between the discipline of the guys in Bama and Auburn uniforms. It's nothing innate. It's all learned. The difference comes once they hit campus. And the difference is real. I hope you guys stay in denial about it though because that's our best chance to keep the streak alive past number seven.

Comparing Ray Hudson and Lemarcus Rowell is a freaking joke. Ray Hudson was a SENIOR, had a 4 year history of being a great student and HUGELY involved in community service (like Rashad)...he passed a drug test...and there were some pieces to that story that made him come out OK.

Rowell, on the other hand, was a repeat offender starting with basically the day he set foot on campus.

You can dog out any of our other guys. But Ray Hudson is the last person you should use as an example.

The DJ Hall suspension was handled poorly. I agree with you. But that doesn't make him a criminal or a thug.

Blackmon obviously didn't get the message. He was suspended more than once. And he didn't JUST get an MIP. He fled the scene. And again, he was a FRESHMAN...so he hadn't built up a 4 year history of goodwill.

You think ARMED ROBBERY is something that is "learned once they get there"???? That doesn't make sense at all.

Do I think Saban has been a little lax in punishment with these guys who are getting into trouble on the strip? Yes. Do I think guys like Simeon and Rashad deserve game suspension? Nope. I also don't think failure to produce proof of insurance warrants a suspension.

Like I've previously stated:Deaderick deserved suspension. What he did was something that would have had him on the bench for 6+ games if it was my team. Other than his situation, I see no other case that warrants suspension of games. (There's the obvious one with Elder)...

You guys also fail to recognize the FACT that the University is leaning on the U of A and TPD cops to have a quick (figurative) trigger on the strip. UA HATES the strip...wants it to go away. So even the slightest sign of disorderly conduct...and they are bringing the hammer down. It's nothing like it was just a few years ago when I graduated.

You're wrong on the Blackmon thing. This suspension was at the end of his freshman year, and he hasn't been in trouble since then.

And I never once said Ray Hudson was a thug. Or DJ Hall was a thug. I said they didn't get punished the way they should have. Just because a guy's a senior he should be immune when he gets busted with drugs or mouths off to his coach??? Are you kidding? Those are your leaders! Those are the guys that should get tagged AT LEAST as bad.

Those guys aren't thugs, but if Castille or Hudson or Hall were on the Plains, they would've been riding pine for AT LEAST a game (Hudson would've been done for his career no doubt in my mind. Kevin Sears is the proof. He got in trouble as a senior and didn't get to play his last game of his career). If you don't think that's true, I don't know what you've been watching here.

I also agree that traffic violations don't warrant suspensions. That's why King Dunlap didn't need to be suspended for unpaid parking tickets. That would've been ridiculous. But for conduct like being caught with drugs, bucking authority, fighting bouncers... our guys would be suspended no questions asked.

Archived