Rashad update...

Ashandarei

sounds to me like the tpd is just out to get your whole football team. they must be on lowder's payroll. big bad policemen, bama players just wanna have fun. let them be loud as hell, push people around, hold people up with pellet guns, and headbutt police property under assumed names. they "don't give a f***" what you think about it. they just don't want you to "hurt their draft status." quit singling them out. and while you're at it, get langford's men to lay off the sga members too, aight?

Like I said. 2 bad instances. 2.

And one of them was kicked off the team. One wasn't punished properly.

Oh wait...I'm sure you think the guy who couldn't produce his insurance card should be kicked off the team....I mean afterall, he's a Bama football player...so he must be a bad dude.

you keep bringing up this stupid traffic violation crap. who here has even said word one about that? your arguments are always so damn defensive, bg. i was just making fun of what's been in the news about your program for the last year. not much else to talk about when it comes to turdtown football.

horse***t.

The reason why you can't prove what we Auburn fans would do if this happened to one of our players is because it ISN'T HAPPENING TO ONE OF OUR PLAYERS. Instead, it's happening to players that are part of a team that has received a ridiculous amount of hype the past few weeks based one ONE recruiting class. We are simply trying to point out that things at the Capstone are not going well.

And this has nothing to do with the players. This has everything to do with the coach. As I said earlier, do you want these kids to be found innocent, or do you want the player to be found innocent? It's funny how whenever a Bama player gets into trouble, everybody waits and see what the proclaimed St. Saban of Discipline is going to do. It's always the same spin. Saban does NOTHING. It's a joke.

I don't care what the video shows, honestly. You have me on that one. I don't care because even if it shows him doing a lesser CRIME, he's still doing something that hurts the reputation and the character of the Alabama football program. The same program that was shoved down our throats when Saban was hired, when Bama had 92,000 at their A-Day game, when Bama beat Arkansas, when Bama almost beat LSU, when Bama won their bowl game, when Bama signed a great recruiting class. That's what the media and the Crimson masses has shouted from the rooftops. The fact that Saban has ZERO credibility when it comes to discipline has been on the hush-hush. Rashad Johnson didn't do what was originally report. Big F-ING whup. He still did something. He was in a 3am skirmish at a bar known for getting Bama players into trouble, and he's not going to miss a minute of playing time.

But yeah, you're right. Auburn fans are just out to get those pesky Bammers.

There you go again. 3am. Wooo weee. It MUST be bad if he was awake at 3am. So freaking what. What have we got in the last year?

2 bad arrests. TWO. We had Deaderick, who should have been suspended. And we had Elder who got kicked off the team.

I read the arrest report on Simeon. I've said my piece on that. He didn't do anything that MOST people here haven't done before. He yelled at some buddies in their car on the strip. During and post arrest the officer noted how respectful and well mannered he was.

We had a guy get "arrested" because he couldn't produce proof of insurance. Big freaking whoop.

We had Upchurch get arrested for getting loud on the strip.

And we had Rashad Johnson get arrested...and there's apparently enough VIDEO evidence to have the DA's office offer up a plea and drop the charges...and we are talking about a guy who has a 4 year history of being respectful of the media, respectful on the field, a leader in the COMMUNITY, and a leader in the classroom. But you are ready to label him a thugh because he was having too much fun at 3am (non alcohol related I might add).

A little different when it's put into perspective...but nooooo not for you. Murder is the same as distrubing the public to you guys...as long as they play for Bama.

You're right. 3am is not a rules violation. A skirmish at the Legacy, where Bama players are known for getting in trouble, SHOULD be a rules violation. But it's obviously not.

Simeon Castille acting like an idiot on the Strip. No punishment. No reprimand from the coach.

Roy Upchurch - "I don't give a F*** about Nick Saban." I guess that's not enough to warrant a football related punishment.

Deadrick head butts a police car and does whatever else he did. No punishment. You even admit that there should have been a punishment. But there was none.

And now Rashad Johnson. No punishment. Nothing. Video evidence shows it was different than originally reported. Even though it's nearly the same scenario as many of the others - late at night, a player being too rowdy, in front of the Legacy.

BG, it's not going to stop. It won't stop until your coach actually punishes a player. And you claim that Rashad is such an outstanding citizen and a leader of the football team - that's the EXACT person that needs to get punished. Nick Saban could say, "I don't care who you are. You aren't going to damage the reputation and character of this football program."

Instead, we get excuses about how his actions don't make him a thug. His behavior was bad, but don't suspend him. It's not really as bad as it looks.

It has nothing to do with the crime they committed. They each did something that involved police and the media. Saban could send a message, but he doesn't. It leads to a poorly managed football team.

We're just trying to help you guys live up to the hype. Geesh. You act like we're the ones who don't know what we're talking about, but we seem to have had a many happy Christmases for the past six years.

sounds to me like the tpd is just out to get your whole football team. they must be on lowder's payroll. big bad policemen, bama players just wanna have fun. let them be loud as hell, push people around, hold people up with pellet guns, and headbutt police property under assumed names. they "don't give a f***" what you think about it. they just don't want you to "hurt their draft status." quit singling them out. and while you're at it, get langford's men to lay off the sga members too, aight?

Like I said. 2 bad instances. 2.

And one of them was kicked off the team. One wasn't punished properly.

Oh wait...I'm sure you think the guy who couldn't produce his insurance card should be kicked off the team....I mean afterall, he's a Bama football player...so he must be a bad dude.

Eight arrests. Eight. Of course, I consider it a bad "instance" (perhaps you mean incident) if one is arrested. But, I guess they grade on a social curve in west Alabama.

So, you're okay with your team captain going out at night and getting into fights as long as they win football games, right?

Yeah, I never got into any scrapes on the strip when I was in college. <_<

You wanna dog somebody, dog Elder for his pellet gun armed robbery crap. But a guy gettin into a little shoving match on the strip is not that big of a deal. Especially not for a 21 year old. The only reason it's news is because it happened to be a football player.

Not true

A alabama football player no big deal

If it were An Auburn player ?

Would you be so Quick to defend

The only thing that I continue to see here, is a bammer (BG) that will argue, dig up years of bologna from another school to make himself feel better about the absolute joke that Alabama Football has become.

There's nothing more complicated than that. Nothing.

He is never going to understand just how much WORSE Alabama is right now as a program.

The Unibomber wrote eliquently.....but he was still a F'ing lunatic.

:lol:

Would you be so Quick to defend

I defended Blackmon on this very board. So yeah...I would.

SO BG, et al, if he gets off legally, what should Saban do with him as regards the team?

SO BG, et al, if he gets off legally, what should Saban do with him as regards the team?

If you're talking about Rashad...I don't know. I wasn't there. If they drop the charges, and there is video evidence that argues counter to the police report...I don't see how you could say he's guilty.

I know you all think he's guilty because he plays for Alabama. But in this case, I think it's fair to let the people who have access to video and testimony make the decision.

Honestly, if there's video that disagrees with the police report, and they drop the charges...who here can say he did anything wrong? Similarly, if convicted, and presented with a police report that convicts him (and a case where there isn't any video)...I wouldn't be in a position to say he wasn't guilty.

Bottom line, none of us were there.

I know you all think he's guilty because he plays for Alabama.

Exactly why you either A.) stop coming here, B.) discredits every argument you make by showing your obvious "panties in a bunch" attitude, or C.) you're JUST AS BAD of a bammer, as we are Aubs, and that maybe you need to get over it already.

It has to be these things, because everything that's gone on at Bama is some conspiracy formulated by the big bad evil Auburn Machine!

... :roflol:

So, forget the charges for a second. Let's say the criminal aspect of it was dropped completely. Now, you just have one of your team captains in a bar at 3:00 a.m. who gets in a scrape.

Does he deserve any punishment? If you take the position that he's 21 and entitled and none of us were there, blah, blah, blah.....well, therein lies the problem.

So, forget the charges for a second. Let's say the criminal aspect of it was dropped completely. Now, you just have one of your team captains in a bar at 3:00 a.m. who gets in a scrape.

Does he deserve any punishment? If you take the position that he's 21 and entitled and none of us were there, blah, blah, blah.....well, therein lies the problem.

I don't have a problem with the 3am thing during the offseason. I do think, ultimately, he didn't act in a manner befitting a Team Captain. I would punish him...though I don't know that what he did warrants a game suspension.

And without suspending someone for a game, you can't offer any other transparency. So Saban is screwed either way.

"Alabama's Johnson offered dismissal with conditions"

My only question would be if this were a lowly ghetto, crack head punk or a redneck meth head would he still have been "offered dismissal with conditions"?

And while we are being honest, let's admit that community service has been a valued tool in Tuscaloosa. In fact The Bear used it several times. There was the starting All SEC defensive end who was caught with a trunk full of marijuana. Community service! Want more? They are there.

I don't know Rashad Johnson so I would never ever call him a thug. I wasn't at the bar for this little shindig so I can't say if he is guilty or innocent (although his pushing a bouncer doesn't seem to be in dispute). What I would say was pretty well summed up: criminally guilty or not, he's a team captain and if he were in Auburn, he'd be standing on the sideline for the season opener. Tubby doesn't let our guys get arrested and play. That has nothing to do with convictions.

Now there are limits. King's situation (getting cuffed over parking tickets) is an exception. But I haven't seen an Auburn Tiger show up in the blotter without a suspension in YEARS. Team captain or not. Good guy or not. And I like it that way. Personally, I hope Bama keeps their policy as is. I think our team has been and will be more disciplined because of the difference.

Johnson case may go to trial

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

By PAUL GATTIS

Times Sports Staff paul.gattis@htimes.com

Attorney's office says deal not in works for Tide DB

The Tuscaloosa city attorney's office is prepared to go to trial in the disorderly conduct case against Alabama football captain Rashad Johnson.

That counters comments Friday by Johnson's attorney Josh Swords, who asserted that prosecutors had offered to dismiss the charge against the Tide safety.

"The City did not initiate any discussion of settlement of the charges against Mr. Johnson," the statement said.

Swords did not return a phone message left Monday night.

In an interview Friday with The Huntsville Times, Swords said the prosecution had offered to drop the charge in exchange for Johnson performing community service.

"The city prosecutors have given us an offer of dismissal with certain conditions to us," Swords said Friday. "We are considering it."

Johnson, arrested Feb. 23, is scheduled for arraignment on the misdemeanor Monday, March 9, in Tuscaloosa Municipal Court.

Johnson was arrested for scuffling with security officers and Tuscaloosa police at The Legacy bar on The Strip - a popular stretch of bars and restaurants near campus.

The news release from city prosecutors Monday said it "feels it is important to clarify some misinformation disseminated over the weekend in regard to the arrest of Julian Rashad Johnson on the charge of disorderly conduct."

James Woodson, senior associate city attorney, declined to comment beyond the release when contacted by The Times.

"The Office of the City Attorney has reviewed the reports, statements of witnesses and viewed the video and is prepared to proceed to trial," the release said. "We expect this case to be set on the Municipal Court docket in the near future."

LINK

Appears the video may not be as different from the reports as so many of the "unwashed" had hoped.

Crickets from the Bammers...

Until BG writes some "real perty spin fer y'all"...

:rolleyes:

I don't know where you get that I would spin it based on my post just up the page:

If you're talking about Rashad...I don't know. I wasn't there. If they drop the charges, and there is video evidence that argues counter to the police report...I don't see how you could say he's guilty.

I know you all think he's guilty because he plays for Alabama. But in this case, I think it's fair to let the people who have access to video and testimony make the decision.

Honestly, if there's video that disagrees with the police report, and they drop the charges...who here can say he did anything wrong? Similarly, if convicted, and presented with a police report that convicts him (and a case where there isn't any video)...I wouldn't be in a position to say he wasn't guilty.

Crickets from the Bammers...

Until BG writes some "real perty spin fer y'all"...

:rolleyes:

I don't know where you get that I would spin it based on my post just up the page:

BG, I have defended players on both sides, you know that. I am concentrating strictly on the team discipline part of this only.

Hey - I think that video was photoshopped................... :big:

You can't prove that :poke:

According to what few Finebaum callers I heard today, it is all the TPD Chief's fault.

D&B interviewed the uat police chief. The "inconsistency" with the Johnson surveillance tape and the report was that the report said that as Johnson was exiting the Legacy, he pushed a bouncer to the ground, when in fact, after Johnson pushed him, he did not fall to the ground.

Further, after every line in the report, including this one, the officer added "See surveillance tape," acknowledging that he was aware that there was a tape. So obviously, he's not going to intentionally put something that's inconsistent with the tape he knew existed.

Looks like Johnson's attorney is pulling a Chewbacca defense.

Looks like Johnson's attorney is pulling a Chewbacca defense.

Rip the arms off of the prosecution?

Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, Chef's attorney would certainly want you to believe that his client wrote "Stinky Britches" ten years ago. And they make a good case. Hell, I almost felt pity myself! But, ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense!

Why would a Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending a major record company, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation, [approaches and softens] does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

Archived