Obama on same sex marriage

bojack34

I don't think Jesus would have any problem with you defending yourself. Nowhere in the Bible does it outlaw handguns. But nowhere in the Bible does it say that you should just let someone break into your house and murder your family...just because it might be a bad idea to own a handgun.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Jesus would have any problem with you defending yourself. Nowhere in the Bible does it outlaw handguns. But nowhere in the Bible does it say that you should just let someone break into your house and murder your family...just because it might be a bad idea to own a handgun.

Again, we're talking about your biblical interpretation here. I'm talking about a certain biblical interpretation being enforced towards society as a rule. As I stated in my earlier post that got this ball rolling, I do not support banning handguns from a secular point of view.

Again, we're talking about your biblical interpretation here. I'm talking about a certain biblical interpretation being enforced towards society as a rule. As I stated in my earlier post that got this ball rolling, I do not support banning handguns from a secular point of view.

I don't support banning them from a Christian point of view. There's an isolated incident where Jesus didn't want the sword to be raised in his defense. But that's because he knew what had to happen. Nowhere does he say to not arm yourself for your own self defense. Otherwise, his crew wouldn't have been walking around with swords in the first place.

I don't support banning them from a Christian point of view. There's an isolated incident where Jesus didn't want the sword to be raised in his defense. But that's because he knew what had to happen. Nowhere does he say to not arm yourself for your own self defense. Otherwise, his crew wouldn't have been walking around with swords in the first place.

Maybe Peter borrowed the sword. Or took a page out of the movies and stole a sword from the centurion. Okay, this is getting stupider by the minute.

Once again this thread has been hijacked and my original point has been lost. Obama tried to use scripture to fool the voters. We are warned of people like Obama that will try to use scripture to preach a false doctrine. Notice how his statements hasn't made it in any of the major media markets yet.

Making gay marriage illegal is against the constitution. There is really no argument against that one. Separation of church and state can only be interpreted one way. Good thing the bible didn't say anything about black people, or christians would still be fighting the civil rights movement.

It is awesome that Obama realizes that the Bible isn't the constitution. It is a shame he has to pretend that he is interpreting the bible a different way in order to justify not using it as the constitution.

It is a shame a candidate can't come out and say he isn't a christian or he doesn't believe that a part of the bible is correct and base his politics on logic.

But for those of you against gay marriage, good luck. Also good luck on getting laws passed that ban working on the sabbath.

Oh wait you didn't cherry pick THAT part of the bible.

Good thing the bible didn't say anything about black people, or christians would still be fighting the civil rights movement.

What a horrible, hypocritical statement.

It is awesome that Obama realizes that the Bible isn't the constitution. It is a shame he has to pretend that he is interpreting the bible a different way in order to justify not using it as the constitution.

He didn't pretend he misinterpreted the Bible. He DID. Actually, let me take that back. There was no interpretation at all on Obama's part, he just made something up.

It is a shame a candidate can't come out and say he isn't a christian or he doesn't believe that a part of the bible is correct and base his politics on logic.

What's stopping him? Probably the inner urge that lies in many politicians that they have to pander to every person they meet. Maybe a politician is trying to strike a common chord with, oh, 80% of the country. Maybe not though, I could see where that would be illogical.

But for those of you against gay marriage, good luck. Also good luck on getting laws passed that ban working on the sabbath.

Oh, you mean THAT part of the Bible that pertained to Judaic Law? My bad. I thought Judaism and Christianity were two separate religions that shared a common history.

Once again this thread has been hijacked and my original point has been lost. Obama tried to use scripture to fool the voters. We are warned of people like Obama that will try to use scripture to preach a false doctrine. Notice how his statements hasn't made it in any of the major media markets yet.

Alot of people use scripture to advance all sorts of things, many of which I've never heard you complain about. Falwell, Robertson, Hagee, etc.

In this case, you disagree with one person's interpretation and then use scripture to attack Obama whom you disagree with politically. ("we are warned of people like Obama..." That's your use of the scripture to discount and raise fear about a political opponent. Aren't we warned of people like you, too, then?

Thank goodness we have people like Pat Robertson and Jimmy Swaggert to interprut them for us.

Deuteronomy 23:1

Alot of people use scripture to advance all sorts of things, many of which I've never heard you complain about. Falwell, Robertson, Hagee, etc.

In this case, you disagree with one person's interpretation and then use scripture to attack Obama whom you disagree with politically. ("we are warned of people like Obama..." That's your use of the scripture to discount and raise fear about a political opponent. Aren't we warned of people like you, too, then?

It is sad how blind the American people have become. I remember a man by the name of Paul(Saul) in the New Testament who was also blind to what the truth was. God blinded him physically so that he me see the spiritual truth. As for people like Falwell , Robertson, Hagee etc., I disagree with a lot of what they have to say as well. My views are not political. I despise politics. It was the politics of the religious sect that had Jesus crucified. If by pointing out Obama's misuse of the scripture it brings fear then I have done my part as a Christian. Don't take my word for it, read the Word of God for yourself and pray that God will open your eyes to see what he wants you to see and I promise it will be revealed.

Making gay marriage illegal is against the constitution. There is really no argument against that one. Separation of church and state can only be interpreted one way. Good thing the bible didn't say anything about black people, or christians would still be fighting the civil rights movement.

Jesus Christ addressed the issue of working on the sabbath. Does anyone on hear read the bible in it's entirety? Jesus fulfilled the Law of the Old Testament.

It is sad how blind the American people have become. I remember a man by the name of Paul(Saul) in the New Testament who was also blind to what the truth was. God blinded him physically so that he me see the spiritual truth. As for people like Falwell , Robertson, Hagee etc., I disagree with a lot of what they have to say as well. My views are not political. I despise politics. It was the politics of the religious sect that had Jesus crucified. If by pointing out Obama's misuse of the scripture it brings fear then I have done my part as a Christian. Don't take my word for it, read the Word of God for yourself and pray that God will open your eyes to see what he wants you to see and I promise it will be revealed.

I thought it was the Jews that had Jesus killed

Archived