Really Interesting

The Prowler

I find it kinda funny that this is the first time that I've heard of the NCAA meeting with players to discuss recruiting....Also, notice how Julio's Head Coach said that he wanted to "Sit In". If I was the NCAA I'd say that he could, only after a few minutes alone with Julio. Then I'd see how Julio answers the questions differently with/without his Coach sitting there right beside him.

NCAA meeting with Julio and Love

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That link sure makes it seem fairly routine. I'm not thinking that any spin will be needed. Not sure if it is just the way that they usually do it but it is odd that they don't take the top x number of prospects to interview.

If you are going to let someone hang themselves, the first thing you need to do is......?

You guys have GOT to be kidding. It's part of their Top Prospects PROGRAM...there's nothing in that link that suggested ANY possible wrong doing on Bama's part.

I find it kinda funny that this is the first time that I've heard of the NCAA meeting with players to discuss recruiting....

Rarely reported about, the Top Prospects Program - formerly called Project Intercept when it started in 1983 -brings the NCAA face to face with some of its brightest future stars before they ever enroll on campus.

James Jones, the Florida high school coach of LSU signee Patrick Johnson, said he also received a meeting request from the NCAA. Johnson was ranked No. 5 by Rivals.com and No. 14 by Scout.com.

funny, didn't hear you mention anything about that in the article. of course not, then that would slow your spin down...

I'm really wondering if Prowler read the article before posting and linking.

this pretty much seems to be his M.O. completely misconstrue the facts, then......

spin, spin, spin!!!

"Soon, the reason for the call was spreading around the community and causing jitters: The NCAA wanted to schedule a meeting with Mountain Brook's Tyler Love, a highly-rated offensive lineman who signed in February with Alabama."

Hmmmm, wonder why people would be worried or as the article states, jittery.

Also, did you bammertards notice that it says that it has been Rarely Reported but that it's been going on for around 25 Years? So....I wonder why it's being reported now, is it because some of the people in Mountain Brook and Foley are Nervous and are asking why the NCAA's coming to talk to their Prize get for the U? Just wondering, $pin away windowlickers....aight?

"Soon, the reason for the call was spreading around the community and causing jitters: The NCAA wanted to schedule a meeting with Mountain Brook's Tyler Love, a highly-rated offensive lineman who signed in February with Alabama."

Hmmmm, wonder why people would be worried or as the article states, jittery.

Also, did you bammertards notice that it says that it has been Rarely Reported but that it's been going on for around 25 Years? So....I wonder why it's being reported now, is it because some of the people in Mountain Brook and Foley are Nervous and are asking why the NCAA's coming to talk to their Prize get for the U? Just wondering, $pin away windowlickers....aight?

because they probably didn't know the NCAA had such a program either. maybe it is being reported to keep people like you in check. you are really REALLY stretching to spin this. but by all means, please continue.

windowlickers? wow. that hurts me so....sticks and stones, etc.

You guys have GOT to be kidding. It's part of their Top Prospects PROGRAM...there's nothing in that link that suggested ANY possible wrong doing on Bama's part.

Sure there was nothing in the link to suggest ANYthing wrong. It's from the Bammerham News, isn't it?

Sure there was nothing in the link to suggest ANYthing wrong. It's from the Bammerham News, isn't it?

if the conspiracy theory is as deep as you suggest, why would they have even reported it?

Man prowler this is kinda far. I mean I don't blame anyone for being "jittery" initially. I am pretty sure that when the NCAA comes calling it can make that feeling happen. Note that the wording implies the call made the community jittery, this is likely a result of lack of knowledge of the Top Prospect Program. Nothing in that article suggests ANYTHING illegal was done.

The link makes it sound pretty mundane, just normal routine by the NCAA with no implication of specific wrongdoing or allegations, IMO.

But what I love is that many Bammers are only going to catch the headline or hear "NCAA interviewing top Bama recruits" and freak out, thinking either: 1) "The damn NCAA is out to railroad us again!" or: 2) "$#*t! We've been caught and we're 'staring down the barrel' again."

Either way, Bama fans in meltdown mode are always fun to watch! :thumbsup::lol:

...And if it actually makes some REC members lose some sleep (or perhaps do some late-night document shredding? :rolleyes:), why that's just entertainment gold, baby!

The link makes it sound pretty mundane, just normal routine by the NCAA with no implication of specific wrongdoing or allegations, IMO.

But what I love is that many Bammers are only going to catch the headline or hear "NCAA interviewing top Bama recruits" and freak out, thinking either: 1) "The damn NCAA is out to railroad us again!" or: 2) "$#*t! We've been caught and we're 'staring down the barrel' again."

...And if it actually makes some REC members lose some sleep (or perhaps do some late-night document shredding? :rolleyes:), why that's just entertainment gold, baby!

so far, the only freaking out/melting down being done is by AU folks here. i can't seem to find any threads on this on a few Bama boards that i frequent. so it seems you guys are more concerned about it than we are.

Why would Tyler Love's family even need benefits? He's from Mountain Brook.

So, REC "grants" are need-based. Wow. I had no idea. Good for them. I thought they were merit-based.

so far, the only freaking out/melting down being done is by AU folks here. i can't seem to find any threads on this on a few Bama boards that i frequent. so it seems you guys are more concerned about it than we are.

I think you're confusing "freaking out" with laughing, which is what I'm doing...not so much at the Bama fans on this board, but at the ones I know personally who won't hear anything but the headline and will react in the way I described.

But I welcome you to laugh back. Laughter is good for the soul, and I don't mind being the object of laughter if it brings joy to someone else. ;)

So, REC "grants" are need-based. Wow. I had no idea. Good for them. I thought they were merit-based.

Whatever.

The guy comes from a financially secure family and has grown up an Alabama fan. We're not paying anyone, but he would probably be the last to even need a few extra dollars.

Whatever.

The guy comes from a financially secure family and has grown up an Alabama fan. We're not paying anyone, but he would probably be the last to even need a few extra dollars.

Stepping out on a very weak and rotten limb my friend. B)

Whatever.

Stepping out on a very weak and rotten limb my friend. B)

Yes, and a VERY old one at that........

Archived