Really Interesting

The Prowler

Well Ashandiarrhea, I don't have to spin anything, that's what you Turds are here for. Did a little Google on the Top Prospect Program and this is the Only other thing I found on it.

Check out this FIVE PAGE Blogging about the Top Prospect Program article, done by the Turds.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Ashandiarrhea, I don't have to spin anything, that's what you Turds are here for. Did a little Google on the Top Prospect Program and this is the Only other thing I found on it.

Check out this FIVE PAGE Blogging about the Top Prospect Program article, done by the Turds.

Well done. You have won the internet. No need to stay around. See ya.

The link makes it sound pretty mundane, just normal routine by the NCAA with no implication of specific wrongdoing or allegations, IMO.

But what I love is that many Bammers are only going to catch the headline or hear "NCAA interviewing top Bama recruits" and freak out, thinking either: 1) "The damn NCAA is out to railroad us again!" or: 2) "$#*t! We've been caught and we're 'staring down the barrel' again."

Either way, Bama fans in meltdown mode are always fun to watch! :thumbsup::lol:

...And if it actually makes some REC members lose some sleep (or perhaps do some late-night document shredding? :rolleyes:), why that's just entertainment gold, baby!

so far, the only freaking out/melting down being done is by AU folks here. i can't seem to find any threads on this on a few Bama boards that i frequent. so it seems you guys are more concerned about it than we are.

... Did a little Google on the Top Prospect Program and this is the Only other thing I found on it.

Still :roflol: ...'Twould seem my predicted response #1 is winning hands down.

Today's question for logic class: What's wrong with combining these statements? --"Woo hoo! We're #1 in recruiting and we kicked everybody's butt on signing day!" + "The big bad NCAA is picking on us unfairly in their review of top signees !!"

[Giving credit where credit is due--as much as it pains me to compliment any Bammer--Earle (TIDE-HSV) at Tidefans is sounding like a voice of reason on the subject in this link.]

Why would Tyler Love's family even need benefits? He's from Mountain Brook.

So, REC "grants" are need-based. Wow. I had no idea. Good for them. I thought they were merit-based.

Whatever.

The guy comes from a financially secure family and has grown up an Alabama fan. We're not paying anyone, but he would probably be the last to even need a few extra dollars.

Stepping out on a very weak and rotten limb my friend. B)

Yes, and a VERY old one at that........

Seems we heard that one before with Albert Means....just sayin'

Maybe TL can get a Football Scholarship now that $abahr pulled Prothro's.

Prothro is on a medical scholarship. Prothro is not coming back, so why would he need to stay on a football scholarship when he should be moved to a medical scholarship and still receive the benefit of that scholarship? don't try to turn Prothro's situation into a way to villify CNS when you apparently don't know what you're talking about.....quite frankly i think you're a complete jerk by doing so. a very sad attempt to spin.

Prothro is on a medical scholarship. Prothro is not coming back, so why would he need to stay on a football scholarship when he should be moved to a medical scholarship and still receive the benefit of that scholarship? don't try to turn Prothro's situation into a way to villify CNS when you apparently don't know what you're talking about.....quite frankly i think you're a complete jerk by doing so. a very sad attempt to spin.

You're right, Saban can handle that all by himself. B) Why isn't big Luther going through spring practice? Is he holding out to get his Mom's kitchen serviced? B)B)

$abahr did take Prothro's Football Scholarship away from him after the AD got word that Prothro had been accepted to be on the Medical Scholarship....So, just stating the Fact that there's an Open Scholarship, unless $abahr has given it to someone else. Was Elder on Scholarship? If so, then that's another one he could give to TL. Hey, who wants a Free Ride (Room, Board, Books, and Tuition) for four or five years to a Division I University? Meh, I'd rather Pay, even though I could use this money for something useful (read, Bail Money), but what the hay.

Damn, I hate having to take up for Bama fans twice within 24 hours :( : First my comments on Earle of Tidefans, now siding with RWS, but:

I don't think Prothro's name belongs in this discussion. His case was a tragedy that everyone should sympathize with, and the change in his scholarship status was forced unfortunately upon him, Saban, and uat. I'm sure he and Saban would love to have him healthy again on full athletic scholarship. I know I'd take a healthy, proven Prothro at his peak over an unproven high schooler, even a supposed "phenom" like Julio Jones, any day.

Damn, I hate having to take up for Bama fans twice within 24 hours :( : First my comments on Earle of Tidefans, now siding with RWS, but:

I don't think Prothro's name belongs in this discussion. His case was a tragedy that everyone should sympathize with, and the change in his scholarship status was forced unfortunately upon him, Saban, and uat. I'm sure he and Saban would love to have him healthy again on full athletic scholarship. I know I'd take a healthy, proven Prothro at his peak over an unproven high schooler, even a supposed "phenom" like Julio Jones, any day.

Agree 100% Well said.

Any word on why big Luther is not going through winter workouts and spring practice? Let's have the :bamaspin: on this. I need a good laugh this morning. B)

Any word on why big Luther is not going through winter workouts and spring practice? Let's have the :bamaspin: on this. I need a good laugh this morning. B)

Honestly I have no idea what's going on. I thought I heard someone in the Ferg talking about him yesterday, and they seemed to think that he does not want to play football anymore. But I have no idea.

Damn, I hate having to take up for Bama fans twice within 24 hours :(

Agree 100% Well said.

So you too hate agreeing with Bama fans? You have my sympathies! :big::poke:

Damn, I hate having to take up for Bama fans twice within 24 hours :(

Agree 100% Well said.

So you too hate agreeing with Bama fans? You have my sympathies! :big::poke:

:puke:;)

I'd heard that LD's High School Coach has said that he's spoken with him recently, that he felt something was wrong....Home Sick? Probably. Or he might have realized that College Football is a different animal than HS Football and got burned out. Who knows?

I'd heard that LD's High School Coach has said that he's spoken with him recently, that he felt something was wrong....Home Sick? Probably. Or he might have realized that College Football is a different animal than HS Football and got burned out. Who knows?

http://blog.al.com/rapsheet/2008/03/whats_...luther_dav.html

according to the article, it is a "complicated" situation and that LD is a "complicated" person and he had a rough upbringing apparently. i never knew the kid was married either. i thought that was pretty interesting. but whatever happens with him, i hope he makes whatever decision is best for him whether its playing for LSU, ULM, or quitting completely.

according to the article, it is a "complicated" situation and that LD is a "complicated" person and he had a rough upbringing apparently. i never knew the kid was married either. i thought that was pretty interesting. but whatever happens with him, i hope he makes whatever decision is best for him whether its playing for LSU, ULM, or quitting completely.

Hope they got the extended warranty..... B)

i'll remember for future reference that the next person to leave AU's team for personal reasons will automatically be labeled as a tainted recruit, for no other reason than i don't like AU football. the kid could have some sort of family issues or illness, so try and hold off on judgement until you know what you're talking about. its amazing at some of the lengths some of you will go to just to smear somebody's name when you don't even know anything about the situation.

i'll remember for future reference that the next person to leave AU's team for personal reasons will automatically be labeled as a tainted recruit, for no other reason than i don't like AU football.

Dude, you freakin' LOVE Auburn football. You're here talkin' about it more than me, and I'm an alum and season ticket holder.

the kid could have some sort of family issues or illness, so try and hold off on judgement until you know what you're talking about. its amazing at some of the lengths some of you will go to just to smear somebody's name when you don't even know anything about the situation.

Yeah, everyone that reads these message boards doesn't have the same VAST amount of insider info like you. I mean, I've never even been in Sabear's back seat, and I'm sure your years of education, training, and experience have you well-prepared to tell us all about it. Bama doesn't have any tainted recruits. Immaculately clean program. Nothing to see here....move along.

i'll remember for future reference that the next person to leave AU's team for personal reasons will automatically be labeled as a tainted recruit, for no other reason than i don't like AU football. the kid could have some sort of family issues or illness, so try and hold off on judgement until you know what you're talking about. its amazing at some of the lengths some of you will go to just to smear somebody's name when you don't even know anything about the situation.

RWS, you wouldn't be getting this stuff conderning LD if your bama buds hadn't crowed so much about him signing with bama in the first place.

i'll remember for future reference that the next person to leave AU's team for personal reasons will automatically be labeled as a tainted recruit, for no other reason than i don't like AU football.

Dude, you freakin' LOVE Auburn football. You're here talkin' about it more than me, and I'm an alum and season ticket holder.

please show me where i talk primarily about AU football. i'm pretty sure i mainly comment on all the Bama-themed threads here.....and believe me, there are plenty to choose from.

please show me where i talk primarily about AU football. i'm pretty sure i mainly comment on all the Bama-themed threads here.....and believe me, there are plenty to choose from.

Your VERY NEXT POST was in the AU Football Forum about the Auburn scrimmage game and the weather.

Your VERY NEXT POST was in the AU Football Forum about the Auburn scrimmage game and the weather.

yes, poking fun at a previous thread (which i did not comment in) about AU's practice being canceled because it was going to be too cold. i did not say i NEVER EVER EVER EVER post anything about AU.....i said i mainly comment on the Bama threads.

mainly

One entry found.

mainly

Main Entry: main·ly

Pronunciation: \ˈmān-lē\

Function: adverb

Date: 13th century

1obsolete : in a forceful manner

2: for the most part : chiefly

so, again, i ask you.....please show me where i mainly/primarily/chiefly/generally/largely post AU related things.

Take it easy Francis.

You know this kid's recruitment rose more than a few eyebrows. Why don't you ask Nick or Who-Lee-Ohh what Maw Moore meet with NCAA about in Oct? It wasn't about the text book situation... B)

Archived