McCain's temperament: Wrong for the job?

TexasTiger

These are Republicans:

Former senator Bob Smith, a New Hampshire Republican, expresses worries about McCain: "His temper would place this country at risk in international affairs, and the world perhaps in danger. In my mind, it should disqualify him."...

. In 2007, during a heated closed-door discussion with Senate colleagues about the contentious immigration issue, he angrily shouted a profanity at a fellow Republican, John Cornyn of Texas, an incident that quickly found its way into headlines.

Reports recently surfaced of Rep. Rick Renzi, an Arizona Republican, taking offense when McCain called him "boy" once too often during a 2006 meeting, a story that McCain aides confirm while playing down its importance. "Renzi flared and he was prickly," McCain strategist Mark Salter said. "But there were no punches thrown or anything."...

Cochran landed in newspapers early during the campaign after declaring that the thought of McCain in the Oval Office "sends a cold chill down my spine."...

Cochran landed in newspapers early during the campaign after declaring that the thought of McCain in the Oval Office "sends a cold chill down my spine."...

"What happens if he gets angry in crisis" in the presidency?" Hinz asked. "It's difficult enough to be a negotiator, but it's almost impossible when you're the type of guy who's so angry at anybody who doesn't do what he wants. It's the president's job to negotiate and stay calm. I don't see that he has that quality."...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...41902224_5.html

Whatever......at least he's honest about where he stands. Emotion can be seen by all in society. Even Sen. Obama has moments, like calling me an angry white guy with a gun in the country. ;)

Whatever......at least he's honest about where he stands. Emotion can be seen by all in society. Even Sen. Obama has moments, like calling me an angry white guy with a gun in the country. ;)

Emotion is fine. Some of these folks are describing uncontrolled rage.

This is pretty strong stuff:

"The thought of his being president sends a cold chill down my spine. He's erratic. He's hotheaded. He loses his temper and he worries me.” Republican Sen. Thad Cochran on McCain

Emotion is fine. Some of these folks are describing uncontrolled rage.

This is pretty strong stuff:

"The thought of his being president sends a cold chill down my spine. He's erratic. He's hotheaded. He loses his temper and he worries me.” Republican Sen. Thad Cochran on McCain

Just walk into a meeting with a cane switch and see what happens.

How many other senators throw up just thinking about achmed in the white house? It's all relative. Maybe it's time we had a hothead in the white house. It's good for the world not to be able to push us around.

But to have an appeaser in control would put us right into the UN's lap. No thanks.

I can possibly see how a hot temper would be a negative, but I can also forgive McCain for having one.

The man's lost more hair on his ass than any of us will ever even have. If I had been through what he's been through, I think I'd have a temper, too.

Archived