Scout Rates our Recruits

Lets see how the players are rated after the 2008 HS season is over. It is very premature to rate kids this early.

Lets see how the players are rated after the 2008 HS season is over. It is very premature to rate kids this early.

Why is it too early to be rating them? Have they not played at all yet? I mean their senior season is important, but that doesn't mean it is the only way to measure their ability.

Based on the articles Rivals had on Heavens, I would've expected a higher rating.

And Rivals may rate him higher when theirs come out. They typically differ from Scout on various players.

Based on the articles Rivals had on Heavens, I would've expected a higher rating.

And Rivals may rate him higher when theirs come out. They typically differ from Scout on various players.

The TexasTiger ratings are out, and Heavens is a 4*. B)

Jarmon Fortson (Wr) was a preseason 2 star last season. He comitted to AU, then decomitted in January and went to Fla St. He was rated a 4 star by the end of the season and should have been rated a 5 star.

Ronnie Brown was a 1 star and not even a starter on his team until his senior year. He ended the season a 4 star and was projected to play as a SAFETY.

Until AU brought attention to these 2009 recruits, Scout had them rated 1 star b/c Scout wasn't aware of them, now they are majically 3-4 stars. If CTT is on target as usual, these guys may end up ranked higher. If they have a bad senior HS season, they could end up lower. Sooooo.....why do we need these star rankings now? I guess so we can discuss amongst ourselves and argue with Bammers?

Sooooo.....why do we need these star rankings now? I guess so we can discuss amongst ourselves and argue with Bammers?

Bingo. Just mindless offseason forum fodder. There's nothing serious or important about it at all.

That said, thanks for posting the ratings, because it IS the offseason, and I DO want some mindless forum fodder :)

Where is Jamontay Pilson though?

Sooooo.....why do we need these star rankings now? I guess so we can discuss amongst ourselves and argue with Bammers?

And don't forget that Eltoro Freeman is part of this class and he is a 5-star in my book.

And don't forget that Eltoro Freeman is part of this class and he is a 5-star in my book.

:thumbsup:!!!!

I have always thought Scott gives some players TOO high amount of stars

But, maybe it is Rivals just not giving enough as they are ALWAYS lower it seems

UGA's class so far

Austin Long - 4 Stars

Aaron Murray - 5 Stars

Dallas Lee - 3 Stars

Abry Jones - 5 Stars

Shawn Williams - 3 Stars

Zach Mettenberger - 4 Stars

Chase Vasser - 4 Stars

Washaun Ealey - 4 Stars

Dexter Moody - 4 Stars

Chris Burnette -

I have always thought Scott gives some players TOO high amount of stars

But, maybe it is Rivals just not giving enough as they are ALWAYS lower it seems

UGA's class so far

Austin Long - 4 Stars

Aaron Murray - 5 Stars

Dallas Lee - 3 Stars

Abry Jones - 5 Stars

Shawn Williams - 3 Stars

Zach Mettenberger - 4 Stars

Chase Vasser - 4 Stars

Washaun Ealey - 4 Stars

Dexter Moody - 4 Stars

Chris Burnette -

Quiet Buzz Killington.

Impossible. EVERYONE knows that all 4-5 Star players are headed to west vance...right?

For what it's worth, here's what the ESPN recruiting site has to say about Heavens(they're tied in with Scout I believe)

Most times, they throw at least a few negatives in there, but they just don't have any for Heavens.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/...26season%3d2009

Evaluation

This guy has a chance to be special. Heavens is a jack-of-all-trades type wide receiver that can play in the slot, he can play outside, he is excellent in the backfield as a run threat and he has premier open field run skills similar to what you would expect out of a running back in terms of vision, patience and explosiveness. Possesses some of the best jump-cut ability and lateral quickness of any player in this class. Has eyes in the back of his head in the open field and is extremely dangerous after the catch. Can make multiple defenders miss and will dip his shoulder, stop/start on a dime and use his speed the rest of the way. Has great speed and is a homerun threat. Changes directions smoothly, explodes out of cuts and can run crisp short-to-intermediate routes. Reads defenses well and locates seams working against zone coverage. Drives defenders off the line with excellent initial quickness and does a nice job of getting turned around when running come-back routes. Has excellent body control and can make the tough catch in traffic. Times jumps well to compete for jump balls even though he has marginal size. Isn%u2019t afraid to go over the middle and flashes the ability to hold onto the ball after taking a big hit. Makes defenders miss in traffic and is fast enough to go the distance. He has corner-type skills in terms of foot quickness and change-of-direction and has loads of upside in the return game because he is sudden and has a second gear. Overall, Heavens is an unknown steal for someone and could become a household name in time. He isn't very big, but he's tough and would be a nightmare in the spread.

Archived