Drop in driving is steepest on record

RunInRed

What Americans need to realize is there is no quick fix to this issue. We're a society of now, faster, immediately. A society of the quick fix, because that's the way it has always been for the generations alive today, the world continues to move faster and America has always been the leader, we don't know anything else. The point is, perhaps our lack of foresight for growth is finally catching up to us and there is no quick fix, there is no way to beat the curve. Best estimates are that building a new oil infrastructure could take 10 years before we reap the benefits.

We've been so caught up in exploring the possibilities of new energy sources that we didn't take the time to make sure we were set for the near future. In most cases, forward thinking is a great thing, it is the reason we've been a world leader for so long, but now it is catching back up to us. I fear we're stuck in this for the foreseeable future.

I whole heartedly agree with this post.

Alot now expect instant gratification. We live for the current moment. We have to have it NOW.

We see these extremes in the housing market. We go from record home sales one year to quickly going to lowest home sales in several years.

Look at the stock market. We're seeing more trading days of gains over 200-300 points and 200-300 point losses. We shot up to 13k fairly fast. Then, we dipped below 12k. Recently, we've been hovering around 13k again. Al of this has gone on within the last 10-12 months.

No matter what someone thinks about these presidential candidates, gas prices will not dramatically fall after the first Tuesday in November or in late January.

Oh, and don't forget hurricane season starts June 1st. That day itself should be enough for speculators to push up the price of a barrel $.50-$.80.

And just think of the speculation if a hurricane or tropical storm develops in or enters the gulf of mexico...

Remember that whinny, cry baby, global warming guy - something "Gore." Remember years ago when he wanted to tax gasoline so that it would be $3 or so a gallon to make alternative energy sources economically viable. He wanted to do this so we would not be caught in a fuel crisis. I wonder where we'd be if we'd done as he proposed? Paying more didn't seem like much of a plan, but it would have had us in much better shape now.

To be honest Algore wanted to do that in order to increase tax receipts. Algore wanted to do that because he and his family are heavily invested in what else but,,,,,,,,,,, alternative fuels and industries.

What Americans need to realize is there is no quick fix to this issue. We're a society of now, faster, immediately. A society of the quick fix, because that's the way it has always been for the generations alive today, the world continues to move faster and America has always been the leader, we don't know anything else. The point is, perhaps our lack of foresight for growth is finally catching up to us and there is no quick fix, there is no way to beat the curve. Best estimates are that building a new oil infrastructure could take 10 years before we reap the benefits.

We've been so caught up in exploring the possibilities of new energy sources that we didn't take the time to make sure we were set for the near future. In most cases, forward thinking is a great thing, it is the reason we've been a world leader for so long, but now it is catching back up to us. I fear we're stuck in this for the foreseeable future.

I whole heartedly agree with this post.

Alot now expect instant gratification. We live for the current moment. We have to have it NOW.

We see these extremes in the housing market. We go from record home sales one year to quickly going to lowest home sales in several years.

Look at the stock market. We're seeing more trading days of gains over 200-300 points and 200-300 point losses. We shot up to 13k fairly fast. Then, we dipped below 12k. Recently, we've been hovering around 13k again. Al of this has gone on within the last 10-12 months.

No matter what someone thinks about these presidential candidates, gas prices will not dramatically fall after the first Tuesday in November or in late January.

Oh, and don't forget hurricane season starts June 1st. That day itself should be enough for speculators to push up the price of a barrel $.50-$.80.

And just think of the speculation if a hurricane or tropical storm develops in or enters the gulf of mexico...

Remember that whinny, cry baby, global warming guy - something "Gore." Remember years ago when he wanted to tax gasoline so that it would be $3 or so a gallon to make alternative energy sources economically viable. He wanted to do this so we would not be caught in a fuel crisis. I wonder where we'd be if we'd done as he proposed? Paying more didn't seem like much of a plan, but it would have had us in much better shape now.

I wasn't making an argument for more alternative fuels. That's the last thing we need. We need to invest in our current infrastructure, while allowing the current level of research and development on alternatives to continue, we need to increase our domestic infrastructure for the present and near future.

Archived