Interesting poll numbers

Tigermike

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that John McCain attracting 47% of the vote nationwide while Barack Obama earns 44%. McCain has been “ahead” by at least two percentage points on four of the last six days. On the other two days during that stretch, the candidates were tied.

McCain is viewed favorably by 50% of voters nationwide and unfavorably by 46%. Obama’s numbers are 48% favorable and 49% unfavorable Opinions about Obama remain stronger. The likely Democratic nominee is viewed Very Favorably by 27% of voters and Very Unfavorably by 34%. For McCain, the numbers are 18% Very Favorable and 23% Very Unfavorable."

Amazing unfavorable numbers for Obama given the narrative. Of course, I'm sure there are those out there who will still argue that the Wright debacle had no effect.

How about this little tidbit:

"Twenty-four percent (24%) of White Democrats nationwide currently say they'll vote for the Republican candidate, John McCain."

Key word? "Democrats". Curious as to why 24% of dems won't vote for a guy who essentially is ideologically indistinguishable from the other Dem candidate?

There is this:

"The Rasmussen Reports Balance of Power Calculator shows Democrats leading in states with 200 Electoral Votes while the GOP has the advantage in states with 189. When "leaners" are included, the Democrats enjoy a 260-240 Electoral College lead (see summary of recent state-by-state results). Rasmussen Markets data gives Democrats a 63.6 % chance of winning the White House in November (results are updated on a 24/7 basis by market participants)."

But:

"The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that John McCain attracting 47% of the vote nationwide while Barack Obama earns 44%. McCain has been "ahead" by at least two percentage points on four of the last six days. On the other two days during that stretch, the candidates were tied."

It could be an unusually entertaining general election.

link

It will be a close election, despite what many Obama fans think. I would say it will be "fun", but I don't like the alternatives to a McCain loss. A fully controlled Democratic Government will be a true indicator as to how the country will be in 20 years. That worries the heck out me, personally. But I'll live with it and support my country as long as it keeps me within the framework of where the forefathers established it to be.

i must say i don't think mccain will win this fall.

obama will win. i'll stop short from saying he'll win by a landslide. we still have over 5 months left.

My theory is that it's nip and tuck until the middle of October, then McCain pulls away.

If the debates are canceled, I will agree with you.

My theory is that it's nip and tuck until the middle of October, then McCain pulls away.

Seeings how hillary hung well with obama in the debates I think mccain will do fine. Especially considering how much more character he has than either of those 2.

Seeings how hillary hung well with obama in the debates I think mccain will do fine. Especially considering how much more character he has than either of those 2.

If a 43 year old Dem had cheated on his wife with a 25 year cheerleader heiress and then married her and had her family bankroll his foray into politics, I doubt Republicans would be ceding the character issue. :rolleyes:

Hillary may be a liar but she's a very intelligent lady. She's more capable than any of you have ever given her credit for. She's no addle brained codger.

The debates will be a repeat of the black eyes Kerry delivered in 2004. Except, the voters will actually care this time around. They've learned their lesson the hard way.

If a 43 year old Dem had cheated on his wife with a 25 year cheerleader heiress and then married her and had her family bankroll his foray into politics, I doubt Republicans would be ceding the character issue. :rolleyes:

And if a Republican had been in Wrights church for 20 + years the dims wouldn't have said a word would they?

And dims would never make disparaging remarks about his age would they? <_<

Hillary may be a liar but she's a very intelligent lady. She's more capable than any of you have ever given her credit for. She's no addle brained codger.

And if a Republican had been in Wrights church for 20 + years the dims wouldn't have said a word would they?

And dims would never make disparaging remarks about his age would they? <_<

I didn't self-righteously raise the "character" issue, but if the Repubs truly want to go there, and they usually do, bring it on.

If Repubs want to bring up "experience" as an issue, then certainly "age" is an issue

If Repubs want to bring up "experience" as an issue, then certainly "age" is an issue

So then if demoncrats continue to bring up age as an issue, then lack of experience can be an issue as well. Agreed?

So then if demoncrats continue to bring up age as an issue, then lack of experience can be an issue as well. Agreed?

Yup. Sauce for the goose, sauce for gander.

absolutly

McCain's age is an issue.

Well, he thinks so:

"Well, in 2004, I expect to be campaigning for the reelection of President George W. Bush, and by 2008, I think I might be ready to go down to the old soldiers home and await the cavalry charge there."

-- Sen. John McCain, in an interview with Jim Lehrer in 2000

And Obama's lack of experience isn't?

What lack of experience?

He has that Lincoln problem-- except he's twice as experienced. B)

What lack of experience?

So now you are saying his uncle freed the slaves. I always knew you guys were fond of revisionist history, but golly, gee, whiz.

What lack of experience?

So now you are saying his uncle freed the slaves. I always knew you guys were fond of revisionist history, but golly, gee, whiz.

obama-abe.jpg

There is a striking resemblance.

Archived