Fine dining at a Bama household

quietfan

I just had to laugh when I read this:

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72441

How many souvenir cups do you have in your kitchen?

We no longer pick up extras at BDS, but our collection is up to 16.

We use them more than any other drinking glass because they are a perfect fit for a cozie, are just the right size for a large glass of tea or water, fit in the cars cup holder, and of course are Bama related. If it's a special meal we'll make sure to use the 2007 version because you can still see all the writing on the side.

Wonder what their "good china" looks like? :lol:

I also note that he didn't say they could actually READ all the writing on the side...

I just had to laugh when I read this:

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72441

How many souvenir cups do you have in your kitchen?

We no longer pick up extras at BDS, but our collection is up to 16.

We use them more than any other drinking glass because they are a perfect fit for a cozie, are just the right size for a large glass of tea or water, fit in the cars cup holder, and of course are Bama related. If it's a special meal we'll make sure to use the 2007 version because you can still see all the writing on the side.

Wonder what their "good china" looks like? :lol:

I also note that he didn't say they could actually READ all the writing on the side...

i have to admit, that is pretty funny.

We go to 1-2 games a year. My wife gathers 5-15 per trip. She uses them as "to go" cups. Our numerous UGA friends occasionally take issue with this. We even have UGA cups attained in the same manner.

Dang, this football off season is killing me........now we're talking about souvenier cups!

What a bunch of rednecks. I mean, sure...I have a collection of tumblers from Jordan-Hare that we drink from when it's just us.

Everyone knows that the Zaxby's and McDonalds cups are the real gems of any drinkware collection.

I still use my souvenir cups to drink out of. I have a few nice glasses as well, but souvenir cups make me remember the game I attended and reminds me of how great college football is. Only three of the cups have experienced losses - 2005 LSU, 2006 Capital One Bowl, and 2007 UGA. Can't throw 'em away because I've only been to the one game in Baton Rouge, only one Capital One Bowl, and UGA... well I have the 2005 cup, but the 2007 cup is just so cool with it being black.

I still have a quite a few cups from the 2004 season and make sure I keep the cup from every road or bowl game I attend. Sad to say, I lost my 2004 SEC Championship Game cup :( I don't know where it went exactly, except that it occurred between moving out of Auburn after Graduation and moving to Atlanta. I tried eBay, but had no such luck.

The Mrs. only allows 1-2 in the house. I have to admit though, Makers Mark and Coke tastes just a little sweeter in a tall, JHS cup with the writing and colors faded out from the dishwasher.

The Mrs. only allows 1-2 in the house. I have to admit though, Makers Mark and Coke tastes just a little sweeter in a tall, JHS cup with the writing and colors faded out from the dishwasher.

is Maker's Mark pretty close to Crown in taste? somebody said Canadian Mist was.....i tried it and it was about the nastiest whisky i ever tasted.

I've never understood the facination with Crown. I think it's more the packaging and marketing that makes people think this is something really special. It just plain doesn't taste good to me.

Makers is just straight forward bourbon taste. A little smoother than most.

I've never understood the facination with Crown. I think it's more the packaging and marketing that makes people think this is something really special. It just plain doesn't taste good to me.

i think its just an acquired taste. i've had everything except the Cask No 16 and i think Special Reserve tastes the best. just a hair more expensive than regular Crown, but VERY smooth.

I always was able to pick up a vanilla flavor in Maker's. Very nice.

When I was a kid my best friend and his family were Bammers. It was always a running joke about the Bama souvenir cups that filled their cabinets. His mom would come in and find me with half the cabinet emptied and digging around in the back and ask what I was doing. I would reply, "Tryin' to find something without Bama on it to drink out of." I used to call and ask him if I could borrow one. He would ask why and I would tell him that the doctor told me to bring a urine sample. I once took an Auburn cup over and stuck it in their cabinet. Caught hell for that one.

My cabinets are filled with JHS cups. Its just about all the "glassware" I had after my apartment burned down. Of course, there are a growing number of Momma G's cups up there too. Ever since they opened one up here in town, their numbers have been slowly building. I always liked the Momma G's cups the best for some reason.

i think its just an acquired taste. i've had everything except the Cask No 16 and i think Special Reserve tastes the best. just a hair more expensive than regular Crown, but VERY smooth.

Crown is good. Its one of my favorites. If I'm sneaking anything into a game, I'll almost always bring Crown. Now, drinking at the tailgate? If its a night game and you have all day to get ready, I think going with something like Evan Williams is just practical, if I even drink liquor at all. Most of the time, you can't beat standing around your tailgate, especially in the morning, enjoying a nice frosty brew out of a bottle. There's just something about that combination of Auburn tailgating and beer, or even better, KEG beer.

Ryan

My cabinets are filled with JHS cups. Its just about all the "glassware" I had after my apartment burned down. Of course, there are a growing number of Momma G's cups up there too. Ever since they opened one up here in town, their numbers have been slowly building. I always liked the Momma G's cups the best for some reason.

Crown is good. Its one of my favorites. If I'm sneaking anything into a game, I'll almost always bring Crown. Now, drinking at the tailgate? If its a night game and you have all day to get ready, I think going with something like Evan Williams is just practical, if I even drink liquor at all. Most of the time, you can't beat standing around your tailgate, especially in the morning, enjoying a nice frosty brew out of a bottle. There's just something about that combination of Auburn tailgating and beer, or even better, KEG beer.

Ryan

I'll second that. Not too big, not too little, and simple styling. I'm rather envious of having a mama G's nearby.

I think Makers Mark is straight bourbon whiskey(Ky) and Crown is a blended whiskey. If you are drinking Canadian whiskey, try Seagrams VO gold. Nothing reminds more of AU football than the smell of George Dickel(straight Tn Whiskey). Our crew prefers Dickel for carry-in or tailgating.

We can't go to AU w/o getting Momma G's. I convinced a local Deli to try the steamed sandwiches, but it's just not the same.

Ryan

I'll second that. Not too big, not too little, and simple styling. I'm rather envious of having a mama G's nearby.

i just absolutely cannot bring myself to drink beer. not even when i am already hammered.

Ryan

i just absolutely cannot bring myself to drink beer. not even when i am already hammered.

RWS........Beer on top of Whiskey or wine is "risky" anyway. Sorry, I don't have a link for that....learned that the hard way (LOL)

I really never acquired a taste for crown. I prefer ole Jim Beam for Bourbons. I tend to only drink bourbon in the winter. It's beer 9 months out of the year. Runs you might be drink some crappy beer if you don't like the taste. Try out some imports or microbrew beer. Beer is just like wine in the aspect of the taste appearance aroma and culinary factors.

I think Makers Mark is straight bourbon whiskey(Ky) and Crown is a blended whiskey. If you are drinking Canadian whiskey, try Seagrams VO gold. Nothing reminds more of AU football than the smell of George Dickel(straight Tn Whiskey). Our crew prefers Dickel for carry-in or tailgating.

We can't go to AU w/o getting Momma G's. I convinced a local Deli to try the steamed sandwiches, but it's just not the same.

Tennessee Whiskey :thumbsup:

Archived