Obama to women: Get Over It.

bigsixfive

Sources at the meeting said that Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, a Clinton supporter, expressed the desire that Obama and his campaign would reach out the millions of women still aggrieved about what happened in the campaign and still disappointed that Clinton lost.

Obama agreed that a lot of work needs to be done to heal the Democratic Party, and that he hoped the Clinton supporters in the room would help as much as possible.

According to Rep. Yvette Clarke, D-N.Y., Obama then said, "However, I need to make a decision in the next few months as to how I manage that since I'm running against John McCain, which takes a lot of time. If women take a moment to realize that on every issue important to women, John McCain is not in their corner, that would help them get over it."

Rep. Diane Watson, D-Calif., a longtime Clinton supporter, did not like those last three words -- "Get over it." She found them dismissive, off-putting.

"Don't use that terminology," Watson told Obama.

http://thelastbestplace.blogspot.com/2008/...et-over-it.html

I wonder if he'd use that phrasing when talking to his wife. If he did, I bet its only happened once.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frankly, they do need to just get over it. He didn't do anything wrong. He beat her. If the women don't like that, don't run a candidate like Hillary "Do and Say Anything For Power" Clinton next time.

"Get over it..." sounds like great advice.

Sheila Jackson Lee better get over it quick, before her constituents turn her out.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&...a=N&tab=wv#

Yeah, I hope Obama continues to give democratic women this great advice. They just need to kneel before the messiah and get it over with.

Sheila Jackson Lee better get over it quick, before her constituents turn her out.

Yeah, I hope Obama continues to give democratic women this great advice. They just need to kneel before the messiah and get it over with.

After he's elected, I hope you can get over it. :roflol:

Sheila's the one who thought the Apollo missions had landed on Mars. <_<

Frankly, they do need to just get over it. He didn't do anything wrong. He beat her. If the women don't like that, don't run a candidate like Hillary "Do and Say Anything For Power" Clinton next time.

AMEN!

Elections have winners and losers. If he did nothing illegal to beat her (which he most certainly didn't), then what's the fuss?

We'll see. Talk is very cheap at the moment.

You sure love to pat your own back with the :roflol: emoticon I've noticed. Amusing.

If the statement quoted in the original post was what he said, then Ms. Watson overreacted. Speaking the plain truth rarely goes over very well, though.

I'm not in the Obama camp, but I take no issue with what he said, at least according to what Ms. Clarke heard.

Sheila Jackson Lee is the same one who was claiming some sort of bias/discrimination with the way hurricanes are named...I'm very glad I live just outside of her area.

I've deleted the idiotic statement attributed to Sen. Obama. Post something like that again and get a vacation. If someone on the Democrat side wishes to push this envelope in the other directions against Sen. McCain, think again. This warning is directed at you also.

I'm just sick of the nonsense posting of baseless rumor. Save that for your stupid little email buddies that keep sites like Snopes in business. Either discuss the actual issues of the campaign or go somewhere else.

We'll see. Talk is very cheap at the moment.

You sure love to pat your own back with the :roflol: emoticon I've noticed. Amusing.

Happy to entertain. :roflol::roflol:

I've deleted the idiotic statement attributed to Sen. Obama. Post something like that again and get a vacation. If someone on the Democrat side wishes to push this envelope in the other directions against Sen. McCain, think again. This warning is directed at you also.

I'm just sick of the nonsense posting of baseless rumor. Save that for your stupid little email buddies that keep sites like Snopes in business. Either discuss the actual issues of the campaign or go somewhere else.

Wow....just wow. Let me say this: I am sorry and downright sad if ANYONE thought that I was serious. I doubt a single person did, but wow, I guess you can never be too careful these days. Joking is only ok if is comes with a proper disclaimer. Wow. I will be a good he or she from now on and be sure I do not accidentally fool anyone else. But I beg you, please speak a little softer, your words can hurt. Calling someone "stupid", "little", and "idiotic" and threatening them for having different views than yours definitely doesn't build up their esteem especially when they were only making a little joke.

But to follow your rules I will briefly "discuss the actual issues of the campaign" if I may. First I will go on the record to note that there isn't much to discuss about the campaign. America is most likely going to elect a weak candidate so people can say they were a part of history. It will be bad for the country, but there is nothing that can be done about it because the people who are voting for him are doing it for the wrong reasons. So, I give up and am going to have fun at his expense for the next four years, like many have done with Bush the past 4-8. If that offends a democrat I do not care because one, they wouldn't care if the shoe were on the other foot, and two, it's all a crock anyways. McCain is the best option available though he has some flaws, but I could never convince that to someone who would even consider casting a vote for Obama anymore than we can convince terrorists to fall in love with Americans.

Wow....just wow. Let me say this: I am sorry and downright sad if ANYONE thought that I was serious. I doubt a single person did, but wow, I guess you can never be too careful these days. Joking is only ok if is comes with a proper disclaimer. Wow. I will be a good he or she from now on and be sure I do not accidentally fool anyone else. But I beg you, please speak a little softer, your words can hurt. Calling someone "stupid", "little", and "idiotic" and threatening them for having different views than yours definitely doesn't build up their esteem especially when they were only making a little joke.

We've had so much garbage flying around in here lately, it's not always easy to tell when people are being silly and when they are regurgitating nonsense they get from endlessly forwarded emails. Your joke got caught in the net and I'm sorry if I misread your intent.

However, get something straight. I didn't say all that because your views differ from mine. I'm not voting for Obama. I differ with him on many issues. We allow quite a range of viewpoints here. What I'm cracking down on is utterly unsupported BS masquerading as serious reasons for supporting or not supporting a candidate.

But to follow your rules I will briefly "discuss the actual issues of the campaign" if I may. First I will go on the record to note that there isn't much to discuss about the campaign. America is most likely going to elect a weak candidate so people can say they were a part of history. It will be bad for the country, but there is nothing that can be done about it because the people who are voting for him are doing it for the wrong reasons.

This is a rather broad stroke to be assuming about everyone that supports Obama's candidacy. I'm sure there as some who are caught up in the "history" angle of it all, but there are plenty of others who actually feel that his ideas and policies and views are the right ones for the country. You can disagree with that, but don't be so naive as to think you can dismiss the whole bunch of them with blanket statements completely bereft of fact.

So, I give up and am going to have fun at his expense for the next four years, like many have done with Bush the past 4-8. If that offends a democrat I do not care because one, they wouldn't care if the shoe were on the other foot, and two, it's all a crock anyways. McCain is the best option available though he has some flaws, but I could never convince that to someone who would even consider casting a vote for Obama anymore than we can convince terrorists to fall in love with Americans.

Again, bad assumption. Within the last week I've talked to at least 3 people from across the country who are considering voting for Obama but are wavering back and forth on the various aspects of each man's views and ideas they like and think are best for the country. Maybe by making neat little boxes you can categorize huge groups of people with you make your life easier. But simply labeling people without actually having to do the work of engaging their views and ideas is laziness. There are closed minded Dems that wouldn't vote for Jesus Himself if he didn't have a "D" behind his name and there are similar types on the Republican side. As much blind hatred of Bush I've seen over the last 8 years, I've seen just about as much blind devotion that is completely unwilling to acknowledge serious problems and failures. Neither side corners the market on loyalty to a political party or ideology over practically any other consideration including their own espoused faith many times.

They'd have to get in line behind a few of the guys here on this board who are already there.

The more this guy speaks, the more he offends his own supporters.

You must be an idiot or have no sense of humor to think that the person who said he heard Obama say "I love dem hoes" was putting it out as fact. Can we not laugh at the new American messiah?

Do you ever watch the Daily Show or the Colbert report? It's political parody.

You may say that you didn't come to the political forum for jokes, but what did you come here for? To have your viewpoint bounced back at you? A lot of time more of a point can be made by mocking someone or a group than arguing a point. It allows people to see themselves in other people's eyes.

This is a rather broad stroke to be assuming about everyone that supports Obama's candidacy. I'm sure there as some who are caught up in the "history" angle of it all, but there are plenty of others who actually feel that his ideas and policies and views are the right ones for the country. You can disagree with that, but don't be so naive as to think you can dismiss the whole bunch of them with blanket statements completely bereft of fact.

Of course not everyone is voting for him for that reason. But, the people that decide the election (the uneducated non-aligned) are voting for Obama for one of two reasons:

1. They've been told that Bush is bad and evil and they associate McCain with him since they both have that R beside their name.

2. Because he is black and having a black president would be a "change". You know, affirmative action and white guilt applied to politics.

Disclaimer: Wait, I forgot to say that this was only my theory.

I have to post this disclaimer because the idiot TitanTiger will delete my post if I don't somehow let everybody know that this has not been proven by Hussein himself.

Of course not everyone is voting for him for that reason. But, the people that decide the election (the uneducated non-aligned) are voting for Obama for one of two reasons:

1. They've been told that Bush is bad and evil and they associate McCain with him since they both have that R beside their name.

2. Because he is black and having a black president would be a "change". You know, affirmative action and white guilt applied to politics.

I have to post this disclaimer because the idiot TitanTiger will delete my post if I don't somehow let everybody know that this has not been proven by Hussein himself.

You could just asked to be banned...it'd be much simpler and more mature.

Why would I be banned for what I just said?

I don't know....because you're baiting an administrator maybe?

I don't know....because you're baiting an administrator maybe?

If an administrator "feels" like banning me because I disagree with him and find that he has shown a lack of thought in a previous action, then he sure can. He has that power. By the way, I only used the word idiot because I was mocking him.

I say "feel" because liberals don't think, they feel.

You must be an idiot or have no sense of humor to think that the person who said he heard Obama say "I love dem hoes" was putting it out as fact. Can we not laugh at the new American messiah?

We've been wading through repeated stupid attempts to say that Obama "refuses" to say the Pledge or put his hand over his heart during the national anthem, that he's a closet Muslim and that his wife has been using some slur toward white people. I'm pretty much to the point where my belief level in the sanity of certain people is shot.

You may say that you didn't come to the political forum for jokes, but what did you come here for? To have your viewpoint bounced back at you? A lot of time more of a point can be made by mocking someone or a group than arguing a point. It allows people to see themselves in other people's eyes.

I'm gonna type this real slow for you again: no decision I'm making about curtailing the level of ridiculousness in this forum has to do with my personal political views. Let that sink in real slowly and feel free to PM me if you need further tutoring on it.

Look, I missed the humor. Written communication in message forums has that inherent danger. You don't get tone of voice or facial expressions to help pick up on sarcasm sometimes. It happens. Get over it.

So do you consider yourself indicative of the typical McCain voter?

We've been wading through repeated stupid attempts to say that Obama "refuses" to say the Pledge or put his hand over his heart during the national anthem, that he's a closet Muslim and that his wife has been using some slur toward white people. I'm pretty much to the point where my belief level in the sanity of certain people is shot.

I'm gonna type this real slow for you again: no decision I'm making about curtailing the level of ridiculousness in this forum has to do with my personal political views. Let that sink in real slowly and feel free to PM me if you need further tutoring on it.

Look, I missed the humor. Written communication in message forums has that inherent danger. You don't get tone of voice or facial expressions to help pick up on sarcasm sometimes. It happens. Get over it.

I'm not going to get over it. Everytime somebody makes a joke about or disagrees with Obama they are a race-baiting redneck, but disagreeing with any Republican is just cool. I find the inequality in that unacceptable.

Archived