Obama to women: Get Over It.

bigsixfive

I've deleted the idiotic statement attributed to Sen. Obama. Post something like that again and get a vacation. If someone on the Democrat side wishes to push this envelope in the other directions against Sen. McCain, think again. This warning is directed at you also.

I'm just sick of the nonsense posting of baseless rumor. Save that for your stupid little email buddies that keep sites like Snopes in business. Either discuss the actual issues of the campaign or go somewhere else.

You must be an idiot or have no sense of humor to think that the person who said he heard Obama say "I love dem hoes" was putting it out as fact. Can we not laugh at the new American messiah?

We've been wading through repeated stupid attempts to say that Obama "refuses" to say the Pledge or put his hand over his heart during the national anthem, that he's a closet Muslim and that his wife has been using some slur toward white people. I'm pretty much to the point where my belief level in the sanity of certain people is shot.

Do you ever watch the Daily Show or the Colbert report? It's political parody.

You may say that you didn't come to the political forum for jokes, but what did you come here for? To have your viewpoint bounced back at you? A lot of time more of a point can be made by mocking someone or a group than arguing a point. It allows people to see themselves in other people's eyes.

I'm gonna type this real slow for you again: no decision I'm making about curtailing the level of ridiculousness in this forum has to do with my personal political views. Let that sink in real slowly and feel free to PM me if you need further tutoring on it.

Look, I missed the humor. Written communication in message forums has that inherent danger. You don't get tone of voice or facial expressions to help pick up on sarcasm sometimes. It happens. Get over it.

I'm not going to get over it. Everytime somebody makes a joke about or disagrees with Obama they are a race-baiting redneck, but disagreeing with any Republican is just cool. I find the inequality in that unacceptable.

You have a whiny complex. Get over it. B)

And to be clear, you were a race-baiting redneck long before you ever heard of Obama. Don't blame him for your faults. :poke:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So do you consider yourself indicative of the typical McCain voter?

Who said I like McCain?

I think you missed my point. The point was that I was talking about uneducated non-aligned voters. These are the people that have no idea what is going on in politics and choose superficial idiotic reasons to vote for someone. And yes, Bush got enough of these to win in the last two elections. And now, Obama is going to get 90% of them. I guess what I am saying is that the average person in this country is stupid, and there is nothing we can do about it, because there are more of them than there are of us. Us being people on both sides that have logical political reasons why they are voting for somebody. So, I have realized that it is pointless to argue logically points and have decided to mock the other side instead.

Of course not everyone is voting for him for that reason. But, the people that decide the election (the uneducated non-aligned) are voting for Obama for one of two reasons:

1. They've been told that Bush is bad and evil and they associate McCain with him since they both have that R beside their name.

2. Because he is black and having a black president would be a "change". You know, affirmative action and white guilt applied to politics.

Sure, uneducated people just voting on gut feel are probably that way.

Disclaimer: Wait, I forgot to say that this was only my theory.

I have to post this disclaimer because the idiot TitanTiger will delete my post if I don't somehow let everybody know that this has not been proven by Hussein himself.

See, now you're just being a dick. My thing is, I get frustrated with the way people debate things in this forum. Basically, people just demonize the other side, making up strawmen versions of how the other side thinks. Then people get ticked off at being characterized (read: insulted) in that manner and before long, no one is actually discussing issues, they're just reacting to the insults.

I would like to see people really dig in and discuss issues that matter. Dissect the plans, unpack the ideology, talk about how their moral worldviews impact their policies and so on instead of going off halfassed, purposely misrepresenting what the candidates are saying or going off on tangents that are half truths at best and don't really dig into anything truly meaningful. But that will never happen when either side is essentially just name calling or making unfounded assumptions about the other side's motives all the damn time.

So yeah, that kind of thing gets under my skin and I'm cracking down on it. I'd like to see people actually talk to each other rather than just fling crap at one another. Get off conversations that generate more heat than light. For once.

you were a race-baiting redneck long before you ever heard of Obama.

Credible link, or delete it!

I would like to see people really dig in and discuss issues that matter. Dissect the plans, unpack the ideology, talk about how their moral worldviews impact their policies and so on instead of going off halfassed, purposely misrepresenting what the candidates are saying or going off on tangents that are half truths at best and don't really dig into anything truly meaningful. But that will never happen when either side is essentially just name calling or making unfounded assumptions about the other side's motives all the damn time.

I would love to see that happen too, and I have tried that before but it doesn't work. The idiot majority decides elections. Logic has no meaning to them.

Who said I like McCain?

I think you missed my point. The point was that I was talking about uneducated non-aligned voters. These are the people that have no idea what is going on in politics and choose superficial idiotic reasons to vote for someone. And yes, Bush got enough of these to win in the last two elections. And now, Obama is going to get 90% of them. I guess what I am saying is that the average person in this country is stupid, and there is nothing we can do about it, because there are more of them than there are of us. Us being people on both sides that have logical political reasons why they are voting for somebody. So, I have realized that it is pointless to argue logically points and have decided to mock the other side instead.

Actually, many of the uneducated, unaligned, uninformed voters are going to vote against Obama because they think he's a Muslim, or a militant, or because they think he doesn't pledge allegiance, or because they think his wife seems "angry", or because of a flag pin, or simply because he's black. I would say that Republicans have benefitted mightily from such voters over the years, in fact, it has been a key part of their electoral strategy.

I'm not going to get over it. Everytime somebody makes a joke about or disagrees with Obama they are a race-baiting redneck, but disagreeing with any Republican is just cool. I find the inequality in that unacceptable.

No, disagreeing with Obama is fine. I haven't deleted one syllable of a post that disagreed with him. And I haven't even deleted jokes about him. In fact, I've posted a couple myself, although it was more aimed at the slavish devotion of some of his groupies than Obama himself. The "inequality" in your mind is just that...in your mind. Well, I should qualify that a tad. The reason you're seeing more Obama nonsense nuked is twofold:

1. This board is overwhelmingly Republican/conservative in membership and thus more threads and posts are against Obama in some way. Even if the percentages were exactly even, the volume of posts needed attention would be greater on the side that opposes Obama.

2. Unfortunately, the conservatives here are more guilty of posting stupid s***. Sure, we've got runinred's messianic complex toward Obama to deal with, but aside from a couple of moronic arnoldo posts about McCain, I'm just not seeing as many problems over there. But, I've nuked or edited quite a few of arnoldo's posts for saying random nonsense too.

Who said I like McCain?

Actually, many of the uneducated, unaligned, uninformed voters are going to vote against Obama because they think he's a Muslim, or a militant, or because they think he doesn't pledge allegiance, or because they think his wife seems "angry", or because of a flag pin, or simply because he's black. I would say that Republicans have benefitted mightily from such voters over the years, in fact, it has been a key part of their electoral strategy.

Yes. We agree.

And Obama is going to win this year because of the two stupid reasons I illustrated above.

1 is why he is going to win the general election. 2 is why he won the democrat primaries.

I would love to see that happen too, and I have tried that before but it doesn't work. The idiot majority decides elections. Logic has no meaning to them.

We're not dealing with "the idiot majority" here. We have some folks here who have demonstrated full capability of discussing issues intelligently. Maybe you can't do that with the random guy on the street but it can be done here and that's what I would like to do.

No, disagreeing with Obama is fine. I haven't deleted one syllable of a post that disagreed with him. And I haven't even deleted jokes about him. In fact, I've posted a couple myself, although it was more aimed at the slavish devotion of some of his groupies than Obama himself. The "inequality" in your mind is just that...in your mind. Well, I should qualify that a tad. The reason you're seeing more Obama nonsense nuked is twofold:

1. This board is overwhelmingly Republican/conservative in membership and thus more threads and posts are against Obama in some way. Even if the percentages were exactly even, the volume of posts needed attention would be greater on the side that opposes Obama.

2. Unfortunately, the conservatives here are more guilty of posting stupid s***. Sure, we've got runinred's messianic complex toward Obama to deal with, but aside from a couple of moronic arnoldo posts about McCain, I'm just not seeing as many problems over there. But, I've nuked or edited quite a few of arnoldo's posts for saying random nonsense too.

This board is a very small portion of the political universe. Out in the real world, what I said is happening and what you said does not apply.

We're not dealing with "the idiot majority" here. We have some folks here who have demonstrated full capability of discussing issues intelligently. Maybe you can't do that with the random guy on the street but it can be done here and that's what I would like to do.

80% of the people that post in the political forum are idiots, on both sides.

At most, 10-20% of this country has enough understanding of political issues to cast a meaningful vote. And if these 10-20% were the only voters, neither McCain nor Obama would be on the ballot.

This board is a very small portion of the political universe. Out in the real world, what I said is happening and what you said does not apply.

But I'm not concerned with how discussions in the wider political universe go. I have little influence or interaction with 99.9% of that. What I'm concerned with is the discussions that take place here. I want them to be better. For that to happen, the people who post here have to be better at it.

80% of the people that post in the political forum are idiots, on both sides.

I think that number is high. I think in reality it's a handful of idiots that just post in more volume. It drowns out or sidetracks legitimate discussion. And this is what I want to curtail.

At most, 10-20% of this country has enough understanding of political issues to cast a meaningful vote. And if these 10-20% were the only voters, neither McCain nor Obama would be on the ballot.

I think that percentage is higher on this board.

But regardless of whether we agree on the numbers, I'm not willing to just let this forum become a mocking session. So I'm asking you to either engage in making it better, or just refrain from posting here. It's what I'm asking of everyone.

But regardless of whether we agree on the numbers, I'm not willing to just let this forum become a mocking session. So I'm asking you to either engage in making it better, or just refrain from posting here. It's what I'm asking of everyone.

Why are you fine with me posting points that disagree with you, but you aren't fine with me posting my point in a manner that you disagree with? If a parody is posted with a disclaimer is that OK?

Why are you fine with me posting points that disagree with you, but you aren't fine with me posting my point in a manner that you disagree with? If a parody is posted with a disclaimer is that OK?

Look, I admitted that I mistook the "parody" Drew posted. I'm not trying to snag parody or sarcasm.

What I'm asking is that people strive to make the vast majority of their posts of the non-mocking/sarcastic/parody variety. Because right now, the forum is about 90% of this type of mischaracterization and mocking to the point where the parodies and sarcasm have little to no bite anymore. They are the norm and the forum is becoming a parody of itself.

Look, I admitted that I mistook the "parody" Drew posted. I'm not trying to snag parody or sarcasm.

What I'm asking is that people strive to make the vast majority of their posts of the non-mocking/sarcastic/parody variety. Because right now, the forum is about 90% of this type of mischaracterization and mocking to the point where the parodies and sarcasm have little to no bite anymore. They are the norm and the forum is becoming a parody of itself.

The fact is, if Drew had more posts in this forum that reflected thoughtfulness and intellect, any attempts at parody would be more apparent. But he routinely posts crap like this:

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...st&p=499979

Titan prefers McCain to Obama and can explain why without resorting to the mindless crap so many others routinely engage in here.

I love good parody and sarcasm. It works better if it isn't the only arrow in the quiver.

The fact is, if Drew had more posts in this forum that reflected thoughtfulness and intellect, any attempts at parody would be more apparent. But he routinely posts crap like this:

Titan prefers McCain to Obama and can explain why without resorting to the mindless crap so many others routinely engage in here.

I love good parody and sarcasm. It works better if it isn't the only arrow in the quiver.

That post is obviously a parody of the way liberals have been talking for the last 8 years about Bush.

Parody is the best way to get people to question their own beliefs because it shows them in an unflattering light. Now, if you think Drew was stupid for posting that remark, do you think people that have said the same about Bush for the last 8 years are stupid?

That post is obviously a parody of the way liberals have been talking for the last 8 years about Bush.

Parody is the best way to get people to question their own beliefs because it shows them in an unflattering light. Now, if you think Drew was stupid for posting that remark, do you think people that have said the same about Bush for the last 8 years are stupid?

That wasn't parody.

That wasn't parody.

Whether Drew intended it as parody or not, my question is still valid. If you think that statement is stupid, then the statements made by liberals for the last 8 years that say the same exact thing are also stupid.

That wasn't parody.

Whether Drew intended it as parody or not, my question is still valid. If you think that statement is stupid, then the statements made by liberals for the last 8 years that say the same exact thing are also stupid.

How long have you been here?

That wasn't parody.

I've been in America for longer than 25 years.

That wasn't parody.

No, how long have you been reading these forums?

That wasn't parody.

Are you trying to say that I shouldn't say that liberals have been doing something in the real world, unless I have read somebody do it on here? If so, why debate Obama's or McCain's position on anything since they haven't personally posted them here?

That wasn't parody.

Are you trying to say that I shouldn't say that liberals have been doing something in the real world, unless I have read somebody do it on here? If so, why debate Obama's or McCain's position on anything since they haven't personally posted them here?

No, I'm referring to this statement:

If you think that statement is stupid, then the statements made by liberals for the last 8 years that say the same exact thing are also stupid.

If you've been her for any length of time, especially around the 2004 elections and the year or so after when Bush bashing was at its apex, you would know that I stated how stupid some of their carping was. The archives for this forum go back to before the election. I'm sure a search on my username in this forum would unearth exactly that.

Now, I think some of the criticisms toward him ended up having some merit even if they were delivered with all the nuance and tact of a cat being strangled. But I call them like I see them.

So for the record, yes, Drew's statements AND much of the stuff coming from Daily Kos and MoveOn.org are stupid.

Archived