Saban vs. media...

quietfan

AUloggerhead:

Considering that $abun has complete dictatorial control of the media coverage there much like Stalin did in the old USSR, how honest & truthful do you suspect those reports can be?

one minute They hate and bash him, the next they fear him and only write good things about him. Both sides of the mouth. Ya'll are hilarious.

Once again Birmingham illustrates his inability to grasp situations. The reporters only bash him after he rants or does something stoopid. They fear him because they dont' want to upset him and lose what paltry access they have. I despise the press, but these poor guys are trying to acccomodate CN$ so they can get some tidbits of a story and then even after they treat him with kid gloves, he still goes off on them. Is that really so hard to understand?

Ian Rappaport and a TTown reporter each "carefully" mentioned in seperate articles that Chapman was working with the first string and CN$ went off on all the reporters for trying to establish his depth charts and embarrassing the players.

CN$ seems to be suffering some sort of psychosis: How can he do a logic leap from an article mentioning that a player worked with the first team to "reporters publishing and trying to establish his depth chart". I have to admit that it sure seems that "Birmingham" and CN$ each seem to be capable of the logic leap problems. The difference is that "Birmingham" just embarrasses himself on a blog, whereas CN$ GOES POSTAL on the press.

HEY Bammers.....go to Tidesports.com(courtesy of the TTown news)and review the video. These reporters are "carefully" bringing up the issue......but what is really on their minds is written all over their face.

i'll be a little more specific. can you show me AU's fall depth chart? what is the point in looking at the spring one when you guys had freshmen come in since then? and also, CNS said on THE VERY FIRST DAY OF FALL PRACTICE that there was no set depth chart, and there won't be for some time and that as soon as they had one the media would know. why is it that you cannot get it through your head that they are trying multiple people out in multiple positions in multiple groupings. we know they are very willing to play a freshman too, so there is alot more competition for spots going on. thats not a very hard concept to grasp. its a matter of trying to figure out who does best where and with what personnel they do that best with. i don't know why you guys have decided to make this an issue last year and this year. people keep assuming that this person will start over this person, this one over that one, and he set it straight. big deal. its not a matter of us just nodding our heads listening to whatever, its being reasonable and not looking to hate everything somebody says and actually listening to the reasoning behind it. as soon as a depth chart is released, i will make sure i post it here for you guys since you are so concerned though.

WHOOOSH! Did you hear that? That's the sound of my point going completely over your head. The existence of a depth chart is a simple tool for a coach to use the personnel he has on hand. They change according to personnel changes. Like I said -- changes are a given. The AU depth chart released in the spring is the current one until it's updated. How hard is that for YOU to understand?

Your ... coach, has insisted THERE IS NO DEPTH CHART for 2 years running. OK, fine -- we'll play along with the Players Groups Organized for Administrative Purposes (P-GOFAP.) The reason we're talking about it is because he made himself look like a little Richard Cranium by going off on the press about someone making up an independent P-GOFAP. Now, I don't care if he has a P-GOFAP or not or whether he plans to publish an official P-GOFAP. The point of this whole thread is that your HC is so concerned about what's reported. Why? He already limits stifles any media contact with the uat football program through him. Apparently, the media has committed a grievous sin by deviating from his Official Pronouncements. How dare they report on what they observe!?

I can see his point given the results of the last 12 months. Clearly he's afraid to create a depth chart until he knows which players will be in jail at the start of the season.

Meanwhile, over at Tidefans, there's this (--the start of a 4-page thread discussing the Bama "P-GOFAP" chart):

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief

My Mood: Early shot at a depth chart...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This will change frequently but I think this is how they'll line up the first few days...

POS # FIRST TEAM # SECOND TEAM # THIRD TEAM

SE 82 Earl Alexander 9 Nikita Stover 8 Julio Jones

FL 80 Mike McCoy 11 Brandon Gibson 19 Chris Jackson

WR 15 Darius Hanks ## Marquis Maze 1 B.J. Scott

TE 88 Nick Walker 87 Chris Underwood 17 Brad Smelley

HB 83 Travis McCall 85 Preston Dial 34 Jeramie Griffin

RT 79 Drew Davis 68 Taylor Pharr 72 Tyler Love

RG 76 Marlon Davis 74 David Ross ## Brad Pounds

C 59 Antoine Caldwell 70 Evan Cardwell 66 Brian Motley

LG 78 Michael Johnson 73 William Vlachos 67 John Michael Boswell

LT 71 Andre Smith 60 Scott Deaton 75 Barrett Jones

QB 14 John Parker Wilson 12 Greg McElroy 16 Thomas Darrah

RB 29 Terry Grant 5 Roy Upchurch 38 Glen Coffee

PK ## Leigh Tiffin 44 Corey Smith

DT 93 Bobby Greenwood 52 Alfred McCullough 96 Luther Davis

NG 97 Lorenzo Washington 99 Josh Chapman 62 Terrance Cody

E 95 Brandon Deaderick 58 Nick Gentry 90 Milton Talbert

OLB 55 Chavis Williams ## Jerrell Harris 32 Eryk Anders

RILB 25 Rolando McClain 30 Don’ta Hightower 51 Michael DeJohn

LILB 13 Cory Reamer 45 Charlie Higgenbotham 42 Jennings Hester

JACK 98 Brandon Fanney 91 Alex Watkins 35 Charlie Kirschman

RCB 28 Javier Arenas ## Chris Rogers ## Alonzo Lawrence

FS 49 Rashad Johnson 4 Mark Barron 20 Tyrone King, Jr.

SS 27 Justin Woodall 26 Ali Sharrief 43 Sam Burnthall

LCB 3 Kareem Jackson 24 Marquis Johnson 23 Robby Green

P ## P.J. Fitzgerald ## Heath Thomas 44 Corey Smith

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73708

Maybe Saban should give his own fan boards more of the same scoldings he gives reporters. They may not realize they are "disrespecting a player" or bruising one of their precious egos...

poor little nicky. uat "fans" must simply accept the fact that they hired a jerk (a guy that makes tater tot look like a giant), a man that goes out of his way to prove that he is a jerk, and "it is what it is"......

p.s. If AU had a coach that stated, after the start of Fall practice "we do not have a depth chart"....he would have a lot of explaining to do.

I love it...Great FUN ! ! ! Keep those media members in their place nicky!

What's the PA guys gonna say at the first game?

"Starting at QB, an Alabama player!"

Call a spade a spade, Sabban thinks much differently than most people and he's not to happy about having his though "process" questioned. Did he not know what he was getting into here? This is the state of Alabama where football is (unfortunatly) a god and there are people at its altar every day of the year. There's only so much that can be written about it so everything must be scrutinized to fill pages. Some one needs to tell Sabban to relax some.

That Tidefan's Depth Chart is no where near correct...."They don't care about depth charts", remember that's what Coach $ stated.

That Tidefan's Depth Chart is no where near correct...."They don't care about depth charts", remember that's what Coach $ stated.

I can't tell if you are serious or not, but I agree. Julio Jones 3rd string?

I also see Brian Motley and Tyler Love breaking into the rotation soon.

That depth chart is similar to that of the Rivals depth chart, is it not?

You should know. You know more about west vance than the local west vancesters...Hmmm..... ;)

It was demonstrated in high school that J.Jones can't take a hit. If UAT's DBs are as tough as some claim they are, Julio has already given up on football and is off on the side working on his long jump skills for the 2012 Olympics.

don't be surprised if you see 8-10 freshmen starting by the end of the year. i'm not really looking to win a ton of games this season, there will be a learning curve. if we can make at least 7-6 i would be cool with that.

don't be surprised if you see 8-10 freshmen starting by the end of the year. i'm not really looking to win a ton of games this season, there will be a learning curve. if we can make at least 7-6 i would be cool with that.

And we could have as many as 7 freshmen seeing significant playing time this year. So much for the rankings SUPPOSEDLY being about how soon they can contribute. B)

cns is a master at convincing the masses that it will take him several years to get HIS team to where HE wants it. He has really DUMBED DOWN the bamar nation, although I'm not sure that they could get any dumber - sorry but that just slipped out. Most of all the bamars I hear talking, have bought into cns "process" and outwardly believe that they will only win 6-8 games this year. That is just what they are saying in public. I have talked to many that say in private that they expect at least a 9-10 win season but they won't say this in groups. They want everyone to believe that they don't have very high expectations for this coming year. This is a win-win situation for the bamar nation. If they only win 7 games then they won't be upset with cns because he has told them that it will take time. On the other hand, if they win 9 or more, cns looks like the coaching god that they all believe he is and will just be more primed for his mnc run next year.

I love the way these "journalists" can't write about the depth chart, so they write about not being able to write about the depth chart. I give Saban a :thumbsup: just for that!

They want everyone to believe that they don't have very high expectations for this coming year.

I have noticed this too. However, as we all have seen countless times in the past, if they beat Clemson, Bama Will Be Back...again, and the Atlanta predictions will abound. Just wait.

They want everyone to believe that they don't have very high expectations for this coming year.

I have noticed this too. However, as we all have seen countless times in the past, if they beat Clemson, Bama Will Be Back...again, and the Atlanta predictions will abound. Just wait.

QUOTE(Bama My Heart @ Aug 1 2008, 03:39 PM)

I think that Bama will show you how relevant we are to football.

Boy you're going to make me remember that one huh? You know when the magazines come out saying "Bama's Back", we didn't write them, and I'd just as soon SI didn't mention Bama. They are just like Game Day, they only bring us bad luck. I'd like everybody to just keep their mouth shut, and then about 9 games into the season, someone says...hey look at Bama, they are undefeated. I'd like to sneak up on a few people. I don't know if the people out there that keep doing this every time we have a few wins want us to be back, or they're only predicting our downfall.

What's the PA guys gonna say at the first game?

"Starting at QB, an Alabama player!"

No, I think it'll be something along the lines of:

"Playing QB first because the group of players he was placed in for adminstrative purposes just happens to be on the field at this time...."

Archived