The Auburn Offense

ProgRock

I really got to thinking about our offense and took it apart bit by bit.Let's seperate the wheat from the tares.

Offensive line is consistant and reliable I have a hard time finding too much flaw with this unit even though they are young.I think we all agree that we have a solid O line,that may need a little more depth.

Running backs,perhaps our greatest strength and somewhat of a log jam in my opinion.Any time you have someone like Mario Fanin and put him somewhere else on the field only to give his time to another back that is talented as well, is a question in my book.

Tate is a workhorse and gets the job done not flashly but doesn't fumble and doesn't get hurt.

Lester is quick and shifty,and hits the hole quickly and holds on to the ball and finds the end zone.Also isn't hurt much.

Tristan is fast and is hurt most of the time and usually never gets the ball.

WR our weakness?Rod Smith really the only reliable WR we have,the next in line in my opinion would have been Gabe but for some strange reason we couldn't use him??Now he's on defence?OK

Robert Dunn fast with a little bit of the butter fingers,starting to get in trouble a bit.

Tommy Trott good in practice just doesn't produce on the field.

Tim Hawthorne has this guy seen any action ?If he has I don't find it in my memory.Stays injured a lot.

Terrell Zackery see Tim Hawthorne except for the injuries.

Frenchy..I hear he's good look's like we might see next year

J Swinton uhmmm he's supposed to be fast maybe he'll get the ball thrown his way one year.

QB Kodi can run as good as any RB that we have in my opinion ,but we must let him throw more and develop soon.

Chris Todd is looking like Ben Leard's first year in 98 that's bad.Ben turned out later on to be a fine QB , but he had Ronnie Daniels and that helps.

I guess what I'm trying to say is their are certain people on the team that are just not producing at all and have had some ample time to contribute.Most are WR.I really think we may need to go Juco and get a few that can get seperation and catch the ball consistantly.

We can run,we can protect the QB but we can't throw vertical consistantly and we haven't been able to since Obamanu and Taylor and Aroshamdu have left.That's my 2 cents what do you guys and girls think?

Also I would like to add one thing.If we could get just one Ronnie Daniels or Alex Wright type Wide Out,some type of real threat...just one.....then that causes the safety's to double up and frees up a huge holes in the field for the tight ends ect...this would help greatly.We need one NOW!

Also I would like to add one thing.If we could get just one Ronnie Daniels or Alex Wright type Wide Out,some type of real threat...just one.....then that causes the safety's to double up and frees up a huge holes in the field for the tight ends ect...this would help greatly.We need one NOW!

I would like to add that we let our most prolific returning passer transfer and now have Todd as our "passer". Wese how that worked out.

Archived