Absolutely SICK of

Taylor An Auburn Fan

I'm not calling for Burns all the time, but maybe when we need to run (the next to last drive) and we are still in the spread-shotgun formation. Why not put the running QB in so it is a threat?

Are we capable of recruiting a good QB at AU?

This is a great question, and is closer to the root cause of our problems than most people realize. The "line it up and run it down their throat" offense is great to recruit RBs, and we have done that well. But, it doesn't get you great QBs and Recievers. I'm not knocking our players, they put more blood, sweat and tears, into practice every day than we will ever know - but this system will help us recruit the QB and Reciever positions much better. "Flick of the switch" results aren't realistic, and we are having / will have growing pains. Granted, we have been far from perfect, but the turnovers and penalties have hurt us more than the play calling. I still think this offense can work, but it will take work to get there.

People were hollerin for burns last year after the 1 and 2 start. Calling for Cox's head. I don't understand why they can't at least use him in the short yardage and goal situations. He does add another threat that might have given us the edge to win tonight.

I'm not calling for Burns all the time, but maybe when we need to run (the next to last drive) and we are still in the spread-shotgun formation. Why not put the running QB in so it is a threat?

We did go into the I tonight...........with Todd...........and were pretty successful with it (TD and getting our backs off the goal line). Why are we not putting a running threat at QB? I think they did a good thing letting Todd run some tonight. If Burns goes in, they expect it. Todd hasn't ran much if any yet, so it was a good time to do so.

I'm not saying Burns wouldn't be better. I don't know, but I'd like to see him get some opportunities.

I would like to see some Kodi as well, but if you only put him in in running situations, you may as well pull the recievers, throw in 2 TEs, and let the other team know what you're going to do. I'm not trying to be sarcastic (at least not in a negative way), but I hope Kodi continues to develop and we can see him get in there and shake things up.

Are we capable of recruiting a good QB at AU? Our receivers are more times than not having to wait on the ball to get to them.

I think that Barrett Trotter will be special down the road. Kodi was big time recruit out of Arkansas. Raymond Cotton is verbally committed.

Our receivers have dropped plenty over the past couple of years. They are stepping up finally (Dunn & Smith) but still are a bit inconsistent.

We did go into the I tonight...........with Todd...........and were pretty successful with it (TD and getting our backs off the goal line). Why are we not putting a running threat at QB? I think they did a good thing letting Todd run some tonight. If Burns goes in, they expect it. Todd hasn't ran much if any yet, so it was a good time to do so.

I'm not saying Burns wouldn't be better. I don't know, but I'd like to see him get some opportunities.

That would of been fine. I don't know where I said the I and Kodi......anyway.....I think we should have been in the I with Todd or the spread with Kodi. And tell you the truth I would have preferred the I with Todd with a dual run threat and a possible TE pass.

I would like to see some Kodi as well, but if you only put him in in running situations, you may as well pull the recievers, throw in 2 TEs, and let the other team know what you're going to do. I'm not trying to be sarcastic (at least not in a negative way), but I hope Kodi continues to develop and we can see him get in there and shake things up.

100% agree. I was just commenting on the spread we were in (which I didn't like) on the next to last drive.

I'm not happy we lost tonight, but what I'm not happy about the most is with the coaching decisions that were being made. We have the ball with 5:30 to go in the game and we basically sat on the ball and said that "WE'RE GOING TO LET OUR WORN OUT DEFENSE THAT HAS BEEN ON THE FIELD FOR MOST OF THE 2ND HALF WIN THE GAME FOR US".

Well that didn't work out. We really gave them the game at that point.

Yes Todd played good but still if anyone thinks he can read defenses, then they are mistaken. If you go back and look and alot of the big pass plays he made, the receiver was open by a few yards. Todd overthrew, underthrew, and just made some bad decisions most of the time. He lobbed up a pass to Tommy Trott that was picked off because he put too much air under the ball and allowed the defender to make a play on it.

I'm not trying to bad mouth Todd, but seriously, I think there's a good reason why he's not starting for Texas Tech right now.

I know Kodi does not have the experience but he's never going to get any experience or help our team out from the sidelines.

The way I see it, Auburn really didn't do everything they could to try to win the game. If they did, then we would be the ones celebrating.

I think my dad said it best to me tonight:

"LSU played to win, but Auburn played not to lose.

That would of been fine. I don't know where I said the I and Kodi......anyway.....I think we should have been in the I with Todd or the spread with Kodi. And tell you the truth I would have preferred the I with Todd with a dual run threat and a possible TE pass.

I put the quoted post in combo with your next. Quoted mentioned Kodi in run situations........the next said you'r rather see the I or wishbone, so I assumed you wanted to see Kodi in the eye or wishbone. I assumed wrong I guess, and I appologize. Again, I thought hat Todd showed he can run better than I (and most) thought.

Head meet Nail.

Here's a serious question, if Clinton Durst hadn't been sick and punted last night.....Would Auburn have won the game? I know, we shouldn't point at one player, but I feel that if we'd had a little better punting we would've won....that's how close it was. One 7 yard shank that led to points and a 25 yard shank that led to the last points.

And I was just as pissed as the next guy whenever Todd threw the INTs, but now that I think about it...One of the INTs was better than a punt because it was over 40 yards down the field.

IMHO Chris Todd is our Starter and until opposing Defenses start to respect our passing game, Kodi won't be coming in, unless it's situational. Could Auburn have benefited from using KB last night? Yeah, there were some plays that Todd just didn't look comfortable trying to run. But, if KB had been in, the D would've keyed off of him and it wouldn't have been such a surprise to see the QB run.

After last night's game, I'm more irritated at our Defensive Mental and Physical breakdown late in the game and the Lack of Special Teams all around. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see RS sit the bench for the rest of the season....unless he uses this game as SERIOUS Motivation and busts his rear in practice.

I am tired of hearing our OC say...."We Stunk", "I Suck", "I'm Horrible", or whatever he said, after these past three games. I'm glad our coaches get to speak to the media, but, I feel that one should be cut off from them, for the time being.

Head meet Nail.

Here's a serious question, if Clinton Durst hadn't been sick and punted last night.....Would Auburn have won the game? I know, we shouldn't point at one player, but I feel that if we'd had a little better punting we would've won....that's how close it was. One 7 yard shank that led to points and a 25 yard shank that led to the last points.

And I was just as pissed as the next guy whenever Todd threw the INTs, but now that I think about it...One of the INTs was better than a punt because it was over 40 yards down the field.

IMHO Chris Todd is our Starter and until opposing Defenses start to respect our passing game, Kodi won't be coming in, unless it's situational. Could Auburn have benefited from using KB last night? Yeah, there were some plays that Todd just didn't look comfortable trying to run. But, if KB had been in, the D would've keyed off of him and it wouldn't have been such a surprise to see the QB run.

After last night's game, I'm more irritated at our Defensive Mental and Physical breakdown late in the game and the Lack of Special Teams all around. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see RS sit the bench for the rest of the season....unless he uses this game as SERIOUS Motivation and busts his rear in practice.

I am tired of hearing our OC say...."We Stunk", "I Suck", "I'm Horrible", or whatever he said, after these past three games. I'm glad our coaches get to speak to the media, but, I feel that one should be cut off from them, for the time being.

Punting would/could have made a big difference. If they had started from their own 20 instead their own 45 (or around there) who knows what might have happened. But that last 17 yard (or so) punt didn't help the effort.

Archived