Anyone Watching the Recruiting Saga at TN

aunavy

<_< Has anyone noticed what has happened to Tennessee's recruiting class since Fulmer was forced out? So far at least 4 of their stud commitments have decommitted with rumors of many more...including some from the Sate of Tennessee where practically everyone bleeds orange and white from birth. Right now that program is in disarray with daily pronouncements from targeted head coaches that they are not interested in the Tennessee program.

IMO this is exactly what would happen if CTT is also forced out. How stupid for the AD and President to say they are watching the results of the last two games. Rather than evaluating 10 years of work they are looking at the last two games? Talking about pressure on coaches and players when facing two of the top three teams in the SEC.

We currently have a top 10 recruiting class with recruits verbally holding fast in uncertain times. We have most of the current team returning next year. These rumors and hollow statements of support are beneath Auburn and need to stop. Is the Administration intentionally trying to destroy the program's foundation? Circumstantial evidence would convict them....

I agree! Our BOT (save a couple) are a complete joke, and are still in control more than anyone (including themselves and Auburn) would like to admit.

WHAT'S IT GONNA TAKE TO GET THEM OUTTA HERE?

I agree! Our BOT (save a couple) are a complete joke, and are still in control more than anyone (including themselves and Auburn) would like to admit.

A bigger bank then Lowder.

This is not the BOT. Tommy Tuberville's program has been in slow decline over the last few years, culminating with the comedy of errors that is...Auburn Football 2008. SACS very clearly ripped Auburn and the BOT for "Micromanaging" and being involved in stuff like this where they don't belong.

We all know there's plenty going on behind the scenes but look at the argument so many have made, one even made in this very thread. "They should evaluate the whole body of work...10 years worth." While I have my own opinions, isn't it entirely possible that they could be doing just that? Could they actually be giving CTT the benefit of the doubt and letting the season play out, sitting down with him (Technically, JJ sitting down with him) and talking before making a decision? Novel idea, don'tcha think?

Quit trying to save Tubbies job for him. His team has already quit on him, ask Pat Dye. Time for you to do the same. Auburn needs To cut BAIT!!!!

10 years =1 SEC Championship

1 BCS Game

Hell we only get 3 star recruiting out of CTT ,so how is his leaving going to hurt us?

<_< Has anyone noticed what has happened to Tennessee's recruiting class since Fulmer was forced out? So far at least 4 of their stud commitments have decommitted with rumors of many more...including some from the Sate of Tennessee where practically everyone bleeds orange and white from birth. Right now that program is in disarray with daily pronouncements from targeted head coaches that they are not interested in the Tennessee program.

IMO this is exactly what would happen if CTT is also forced out. How stupid for the AD and President to say they are watching the results of the last two games. Rather than evaluating 10 years of work they are looking at the last two games? Talking about pressure on coaches and players when facing two of the top three teams in the SEC.

We currently have a top 10 recruiting class with recruits verbally holding fast in uncertain times. We have most of the current team returning next year. These rumors and hollow statements of support are beneath Auburn and need to stop. Is the Administration intentionally trying to destroy the program's foundation? Circumstantial evidence would convict them....

When its time to make a change you make the change and take the heat that comes with it. Sometimes you need to can the coach even fully knowing that you are going to be throwing a recruiting class out the window.

Nothing disrupts a program like a coaching change.........ask the bammers. Personally, I like Tubs and I believe he'll turn things around if they give him until the end of the year. Moreover, I don't trust Jacobs to go out and get someone better than Tubs and then we also lose our entire recruiting class. Then, where are we? One thing that does bother me is when you look at Head Coaches who've been there 10 years or more (and there aren't many) they tend to be in trouble about that time. Look at Fulmer, Nutt (although he got back in at Ole Miss) Richt seems to be hanging in there at Georgia, but his "D" is not up to par this year either. Bowden had a down year at Florida State last year and is no giant killer this year although there's talent aplenty. Jo Paw also had a real down year last year but he's back. The days of Dooley, Jordan, Bryant, Vaught, and Neyland are long gone and respect for a losing season or two is gone with them. Coaches this day and time are really victims of their own success. It's not what you did for me yesterday, it's what are you going to do for me NOW! When you get a good man, a solid fundamental coach with good character, one who wins much more than he loses, you'd better keep him. This "CRISIS" at Auburn just may be what Tuberville and his staff need to rekindle that Ole Fire and get them going again. Any idiot knows that he realizes the competition across the state and the absolute need for harder work and better recruiting. If he's given the chance, I think he'll get it done.

Nothing disrupts a program like a coaching change.........ask the bammers. Personally, I like Tubs and I believe he'll turn things around if they give him until the end of the year. Moreover, I don't trust Jacobs to go out and get someone better than Tubs and then we also lose our entire recruiting class. Then, where are we?

Yeah Bama fired more coaches and they're still ranked higher now than we have ever been in the ten years that CTT has been our coach. What wonderful recruits are you talking about? How are we gonna be worse off than we are now? We lost to Vandy for Heavens sake. Lost to LSU for the past two years, cant beat GA,lost to Mississippi State last year. We shouldnt just want to beat Bama, we should want to beat everybody. We're the ones who have settled for mediocracy, not Bama, when a coach couldnt deliver, they fired the coaching staff. It is time to hire a coach who not only wants to establish a winning tradition, but one who also demands respect all the way around, from the players, from opponents and from the media. I am tired of AU, a school that I love not getting respect from anyone including its own fans.

I think the perfect situation would be for Tuberville to bring in a top notch OC that has head coach potential, and basically groom him into being a head coach and make a smooth transition when Tuberville is ready to go. He'd need to be able to turn this offense around quick though, because another year or a middle of the road offense and Tuberville won't have a chance to do any grooming.

Has anyone seen Colonial's stock here recently. Kinda scary

http://ir.colonialbank.com/stockquote.cfm

Quit trying to save Tubbies job for him. His team has already quit on him, ask Pat Dye. Time for you to do the same. Auburn needs To cut BAIT!!!!

1 BCS Game

Hell we only get 3 star recruiting out of CTT ,so how is his leaving going to hurt us?

Dead wrong. Turns out Pat Dye didn't say that. Paul Slimebaum misquoted him. Dye called i the next day adn chewed PF out but PF didn't bother to correct things. look at what's happening at UT if you want to see how Tubs leaving willl hute us. One of our best commits, DB David Conner has already said if Tubs is one he is gone.

Is auburnhitman another name for bammer?

A good time to buy.

A good time to buy.

Believe me I've considered, not to often you have enough change in your pocket to buy stock in a bank.

1 BCS Game

Dead wrong. Turns out Pat Dye didn't say that. Paul Slimebaum misquoted him. Dye called i the next day adn chewed PF out but PF didn't bother to correct things. look at what's happening at UT if you want to see how Tubs leaving willl hute us. One of our best commits, DB David Conner has already said if Tubs is one he is gone.

Is auburnhitman another name for bammer?

I guess I just dont want to accept mediocrity being good enough. I cant support a coach that has been beaten by the likes of Georgia Tech,Vanderbilt & two Big East teams -West Va & USF.Do you honestly think it is ok to have running backs who consistently fumble,linemen who put us in the hole with penalties for false starts and wide receivers who have been underachieving(at best) for the past three years.These mistakes are due to poor coaching and anyone who has ever played football can tell you that.(Maybe you can ask someone who has actually played). Face it, we have a losing streak as far as LSU and GA go, and dont appear to have a plan in place to be able to beat them in the foreseeable future. I am not saying that he was always a bad coach, but his time has passed and the writing is on the wall, just look at the stats from the past three years. If you think pointing out the obvious makes me a bammer, well then you are as stupid as you sound in your post. I bet when the powers that be finally get off the pot and fire CTT or he leaves to go make another team an expert in mediocrity, you'll be the first flute player to play the alma mater for the new coach.

A good time to buy.

Believe me I've considered, not to often you have enough change in your pocket to buy stock in a bank.

At that price it would be hard to go wrong don't you think?

Disclaimer: I don't claim to be an investment expert. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last week. <_<

The powers to be could wait until after NSD and then fire him. That way it wouldn't cause half the 09 class to decommit.

Yeah but you just told them. :o;)

I think the lesson is: Don't run your program into the ground and still expect 5 stars to be knocking down your door... Fortunately Tubby does not depend on 5 star recruits, only ones that "fit" the system...

When its time to make a change you make the change and take the heat that comes with it. Sometimes you need to can the coach even fully knowing that you are going to be throwing a recruiting class out the window.

You get the right guy to replace the exiting coach and who knows, the recruiting may actually get BETTER.

In response to a previous poster, I just can't see CTT "grooming" an OC to be a head coach. Franklin said himself that after being at AU for 10 months, that he didn't really know CTT. And, that he rarely even spoke to him unless it was during a game. So, I don't think CTT would be a candidate for "grooming" an OC into a HC.

Nothing disrupts a program like a coaching change.........ask the bammers. Personally, I like Tubs and I believe he'll turn things around if they give him until the end of the year. Moreover, I don't trust Jacobs to go out and get someone better than Tubs and then we also lose our entire recruiting class. Then, where are we? One thing that does bother me is when you look at Head Coaches who've been there 10 years or more (and there aren't many) they tend to be in trouble about that time. Look at Fulmer, Nutt (although he got back in at Ole Miss) Richt seems to be hanging in there at Georgia, but his "D" is not up to par this year either. Bowden had a down year at Florida State last year and is no giant killer this year although there's talent aplenty. Jo Paw also had a real down year last year but he's back. The days of Dooley, Jordan, Bryant, Vaught, and Neyland are long gone and respect for a losing season or two is gone with them. Coaches this day and time are really victims of their own success. It's not what you did for me yesterday, it's what are you going to do for me NOW! When you get a good man, a solid fundamental coach with good character, one who wins much more than he loses, you'd better keep him. This "CRISIS" at Auburn just may be what Tuberville and his staff need to rekindle that Ole Fire and get them going again. Any idiot knows that he realizes the competition across the state and the absolute need for harder work and better recruiting. If he's given the chance, I think he'll get it done.

Yeah, lets Ask Bammer, They are No. 1 in the nation with all of their coaching changes. Lets see, how many

times have we been No. 1 under Tubs in his 10 years of stability?????

(hands waving in the air hollering i know, i know, can I answer)? ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A good time to buy.

At that price it would be hard to go wrong don't you think?

Disclaimer: I don't claim to be an investment expert. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last week. <_<

Kind of like catching a falling knife. If they dip below $1 for 6 months, they could be delisted.

Back on topic - If CTT coaches next year, he will be on the hottest of seats, and I really don't see him doing better than 7-5, so we are just prolonging the inevitable. Probably time to clean house.

You get the right guy to replace the exiting coach and who knows, the recruiting may actually get BETTER.

Got a realistic candidate?

Ive got several!!!!!!!

Ive got several!!!!!!!

auburnhitman is my pick. He can evaluate talent and land the 5 star recruits, cure fumbling and the team won't quit on him!

It's such a shame that after coaching Rudi Johnson, Carnell Williams, Ronnie Brown, Kenny Irons and others....Tuberville and Gran would switch to teaching fumbling.

Ive got several!!!!!!!

Then throw one or two on the table.

Archived