Anyone Watching the Recruiting Saga at TN

aunavy

You get the right guy to replace the exiting coach and who knows, the recruiting may actually get BETTER.

Got a realistic candidate?

Ive got several!!!!!!!

Then throw one or two on the table.

Perterson from Boise State or Oklahoma's offensive cordinator. Kevin Wilson...I know neither is really

a proven coach in big time football but think they both would do good at Auburn.....

You get the right guy to replace the exiting coach and who knows, the recruiting may actually get BETTER.

Ive got several!!!!!!!

Perterson from Boise State or Oklahoma's offensive cordinator. Kevin Wilson...I know neither is really

a proven coach in big time football but think they both would do good at Auburn.....

Not attacking because at least you put up a couple of candidates which is more than most Tubs critics have done. But my comments"

Peterson--has been very successful at B.S. but IMHO would be a high risk in the SEC, He doesn't hvae nay base in Southeast high schools or relations with coaches which is the very foundation of recruiting. No way I would give up Tubs for him.

Wilson--I don't want to take a chance on as ass't coach with his first HC job at Auburn. One of my criteria would be our new HC would at least be a proven HC. That's where the problem comes in. I can't think of a realistic candidate that would be better than Tubs.

Ive got several!!!!!!!

Not attacking because at least you put up a couple of candidates which is more than most Tubs critics have done. But my comments"

Peterson--has been very successful at B.S. but IMHO would be a high risk in the SEC, He doesn't hvae nay base in Southeast high schools or relations with coaches which is the very foundation of recruiting. No way I would give up Tubs for him.

Wilson--I don't want to take a chance on as ass't coach with his first HC job at Auburn. One of my criteria would be our new HC would at least be a proven HC. That's where the problem comes in. I can't think of a realistic candidate that would be better than Tubs.

Sometimes you have to take chances. Florida did with Urban Meyer. Oklahoma did with Bob Stoops,

Texas Tech did with Mike Leach, Georgia did with Mark Richt.

I think we take out a lot of good candidates by saying they have to be a proven head coach.

To me I really don't think anybody can do worse than Tubs with the facilities that we have and what we

pay our coaches. To me Tubs is a average coach at best!!

And by the way, I hope we beat Georgia this week and Bama in two weeks but that will not change my

feelings on Tubs.. If that happens you will see a lot of people say give him one more year that has been

calling for his head.

Ive got several!!!!!!!

Sometimes you have to take chances. Florida did with Urban Meyer. Oklahoma did with Bob Stoops,

I think we take out a lot of good candidates by saying they have to be a proven head coach.

To me I really don't think anybody can do worse than Tubs with the facilities that we have and what we

And by the way, I hope we beat Georgia this week and Bama in two weeks but that will not change my

feelings on Tubs.. If that happens you will see a lot of people say give him one more year that has been

calling for his head.

If you're going to take an assistant you'd have to be stupid to pick Wilson over Muschamp..period.

Ive got several!!!!!!!

calling for his head.

If you're going to take an assistant you'd have to be stupid to pick Wilson over Muschamp..period.

Call me stupid then.....I think Muschamp is very overrated!!! Texas Offense wins their ball games for them, not their defense. And when he was at Auburn we seen how well he did against good offenses. Look

what Georgia did against us for two straight years. I think people like him because he is so emotional. But

ask Nebraska how that is working out for them. Auburn is always going to have a good defense. I think

we need to go after somebody on the offensive side of the ball. JMO!!!

Ive got several!!!!!!!

calling for his head.

Call me stupid then.....I think Muschamp is very overrated!!! Texas Offense wins their ball games for them, not their defense. And when he was at Auburn we seen how well he did against good offenses. Look

what Georgia did against us for two straight years. I think people like him because he is so emotional. But

ask Nebraska how that is working out for them. Auburn is always going to have a good defense. I think

Do people not realize that the HC hires an offensive and defensive coordinator for a reason? I've already been in the Texas defense debate...to save you the lecture: Muchamp has already improved their defense from last season, while also playing a significantly stronger offensive opposition this year. When he was at Auburn we saw how well he did against good offenses? We got owned by Georgia, but lets not forget that we owned Florida...twice, how about the 7-3 LSU game (LSU w/ Jamarcus Russell, Dwayne Bowe, Buster Davis etc).

Why is Muschamp's name on every coaching vacency and Wilson's isn't? I'm sorry, but you dont understand coaching if you think that Wilson is a better candidate. Muschamp is a better recruiter, he would fare FAR FAR better against the SEC recruiting powers, his drawing power is significantly better, his ability to motivate/push players is far better, and he also has quite a bit of SEC experience. Its not even a competition.

You people look far too much into X's and O's and nowhere near enough into the things that you actually need to be a big-time head coach. The head coach is the CEO, he doesn't do much actual coaching and the majority of the game planning and play calling is done by the coordinators. Some coaches are more involved than others but the point I'm trying to convey is that you dont do a coaching search by looking for the best X and O offensive or defensive guy. A lot o the time a pure X and O guy fails big time because he cant recruit, cant motivate 18-21 year old kids, cant create excitement, etc. This is college football, not the NFL. See Gene Chizik at Iowa State: exceptional defensive mind, nowhere near Muschamp in any other category (hence why Chizik is at Iowa State and Muchamp is having his name thrown around at legit Top 25 schools).

I still haven't seen a realistic name that I would even think twice about running Tubs off for. As I have said before, I never want the immature Mr. Muschamp on the Auburn sidelines again. I had much rather promote Paul Rhoads to HC. JMHO.

I still haven't seen a realistic name that I would even think twice about running Tubs off for. As I have said before, I never want the immature Mr. Muschamp on the Auburn sidelines again. I had much rather promote Paul Rhoads to HC. JMHO.

For once I agree with you on Muschamp Proud....But I still say if you are waiting on a proven head coach, you will be stuck with mediocre results from Tubs. Every proven head coach has somewhere to coach and

is probably happy where he is at.

Ive got several!!!!!!!

calling for his head.

Do people not realize that the HC hires an offensive and defensive coordinator for a reason? I've already been in the Texas defense debate...to save you the lecture: Muchamp has already improved their defense from last season, while also playing a significantly stronger offensive opposition this year. When he was at Auburn we saw how well he did against good offenses? We got owned by Georgia, but lets not forget that we owned Florida...twice, how about the 7-3 LSU game (LSU w/ Jamarcus Russell, Dwayne Bowe, Buster Davis etc).

Why is Muschamp's name on every coaching vacency and Wilson's isn't? I'm sorry, but you dont understand coaching if you think that Wilson is a better candidate. Muschamp is a better recruiter, he would fare FAR FAR better against the SEC recruiting powers, his drawing power is significantly better, his ability to motivate/push players is far better, and he also has quite a bit of SEC experience. Its not even a competition.

You people look far too much into X's and O's and nowhere near enough into the things that you actually need to be a big-time head coach. The head coach is the CEO, he doesn't do much actual coaching and the majority of the game planning and play calling is done by the coordinators. Some coaches are more involved than others but the point I'm trying to convey is that you dont do a coaching search by looking for the best X and O offensive or defensive guy. A lot o the time a pure X and O guy fails big time because he cant recruit, cant motivate 18-21 year old kids, cant create excitement, etc. This is college football, not the NFL. See Gene Chizik at Iowa State: exceptional defensive mind, nowhere near Muschamp in any other category (hence why Chizik is at Iowa State and Muchamp is having his name thrown around at legit Top 25 schools).

met, we are going to just have to agree to disagree. The only people I hear talking about Muschamp being

a next great head coach is ESPN. They also said the same about Chizik. I don't see Clemson beating his door

down or Washington and really don't believe Tenn will go after him either. I will be really shocked if he lands

at a legit Top 25 school! And I think you are dead wrong about the head coaches being the CEO. Their is

really not very many of them left anymore. Most of the great head coaches are very much in on the play calling! I just don't think that because a coach is emotional makes him a great recruiter or a good coach. Look how emotional Gibbs was when he was at Auburn.

Archived