Interesting Early Season Development

LegalEagle

It seems that our men will play Mercer this Wednesday. Mercer beat Bammer Sunday. The game might tell us something, but maybe not.

Will we make Mercer beg for Mercy?

It seems that our men will play Mercer this Wednesday. Mercer beat Bammer Sunday. The game might tell us something, but maybe not.

Will we make Mercer beg for Mercy?

I noticed that to. I think it was a nobody, but didn't they blow out the other team they played? It might be one of those games we're it looks terrible to lose but they really aren't that bad. I hope we pull it through.

Mercer normally has a pretty decent team. I think they whipped up on Auburn a couple of years ago. Not that that's saying a whole lot in recent years Could be wrong. Obviously, they have some talent if they went in and beat Bama so I would imagine this will be a pretty stiff test.

Mercer normally has a pretty decent team. I think they whipped up on Auburn a couple of years ago. Not that that's saying a whole lot in recent years Could be wrong. Obviously, they have some talent if they went in and beat Bama so I would imagine this will be a pretty stiff test.

They are winning by a couple right now...Mercer is

Appears to tell us that Auburn basketball has not made any significant improvements yet. Thankfully there is a lot more room for them to prove me wrong.

Appears to tell us that Auburn basketball has not made any significant improvements yet. Thankfully there is a lot more room for them to prove me wrong.

I keep waiting for you to make any improvement.

Improve on what? Be optimistic on our losing basketball program?

Let me guess, you want to hear:

"These kids try so hard, I am glad they are representing Auburn the way 18 and 19 year olds should! Winning takes a back seat to that."

Create a damn hippie Auburn message board if you can't handle criticism.

Was today's loss to Mercer due to Beard Eaves Memorial? Because it is such a craphole?

Improve on what? Be optimistic on our losing basketball program?

Let me guess, you want to hear:

"These kids try so hard, I am glad they are representing Auburn the way 18 and 19 year olds should! Winning takes a back seat to that."

Create a damn hippie Auburn message board if you can't handle criticism.

Was today's loss to Mercer due to Beard Eaves Memorial? Because it is such a craphole?

Nah, I don't want to hear anything from you at all-- that would be an improvement.

I'm sticking up for Pchamp on the BBall situation. The Beard Eaves knock was pretty funny. I hope we have a decent season, but with the letdown of our Football season I'm already in a Funk. If you add a miserable Bball season with the Football season I'm already in a pissy mood to let Lebo hear my rants. I don't do Baseball, some of you might get a reprieve from that. Let's hope that Mercer is just a great team and we are still trying to get started.

i saw no improvement last night. here's our offense: dribble down the court, pass it around, take an off balanced three. Plus with 22 seconds left in the game we had a chance to foul and then get the ball back. But we let ten seconds run off the clock and left their guy get wide open on the inbound. So we had ten seconds, instead of twenty seconds, well then we fly down the court and take a terrible shot when we should have had plenty of time to set up an offense. Guys, i've been to all the games so far and unless we show significant improvement before SEC play it's going to be a long season.

I am bummed about the team after last night. To get out rebounded 42-21 is absolutely SICK! To shoot 57% from the charity stripe after going 80% in the first half adds another puke in there. We did do a good job with forcing turnovers and securing the ball when we had it, but to get punked like this on the boards is another sign of poor coaching. Unless we see a jump in production on the boards and at least a 65%-70% free throw percentage, we are in for another drag of a season. THANK GOD FOR THE LADIES! They look impressive!

Mercer has a great scheme and players that play extremely hard. Congrats to them. They played like they wanted it, and they took it. Florence is a really good scorer for them, and they rebound like every ball is there's to take.

Hey, if they beat Bama and the Great Coach Gottfried then they must be dang good!

On a more serious note, I noticed we only turned the ball over 7 times... yet still lost. If we keep the turnovers to a minimum like last night, we'll be in the position to win some games this year. That has been a major part of our problem the past couple years, aside from the obvious lack of size.

I am bummed about the team after last night. To get out rebounded 42-21 is absolutely SICK! To shoot 57% from the charity stripe after going 80% in the first half adds another puke in there.

Lebo had a good point yesterday............. Free throw misses often make the boards look worse. If you cannot hit your free throws, odds are you don't get the rebound (being out numbered). I think it boils down to free throws. Mercer was shooting them good, we weren't. Plus, it seemed the refs were calling it so that anything was a foul (** both ways, pretty evenly called**) so that put more opportunities for both teams.

Archived