Tiger in Spain's USS Cole pics

BamaGrad03

I got an email from him a week ago - he is coming back from the Middle east early, but I don't remember where exactly he is headed next. I am at home and his email is on my work computer - I will fill indetails tomorrow, unless someone else knows...

Thanks for helping out with those, BG. For a Bammer fella, you're good people!!

I thought some of you ex-salts would get a kick out of those. The up and down bow to stern movement wasn't bad, it is the side to side that you really feel. We experienced 8-10 foot seas square on the beam of the ship that made life rough for about 18 hours or so. When they are like that, sleeping, walking, climbing, and (to some) eating is very difficult. Luckily, I don't get seasick, but we had a lot of people loitering close to the toilets that day.

I have a different soultion to the rough sea thing. Pop the cork and get down to periscope depth and guess what? Basically smooth as silk. Anything under 100 ft and you will be steady as a rock.

Skimmers......... :no:

:lol:

Thanks for helping out with those, BG. For a Bammer fella, you're good people!!

No problem. Sometimes I consider myself the Bammer ambassador to Auburnites.

I have a different soultion to the rough sea thing. Pop the cork and get down to periscope depth and guess what? Basically smooth as silk. Anything under 100 ft and you will be steady as a rock.

Bubbleheads.....

Brother, that ain't even sailing!! That's floating :D Might as well be an airdale

BTW, is it pronounced sub-marin-er, or sub-ma-riner? Us targets want to know!! lol

Brother, that ain't even sailing!! That's floating :D Might as well be an airdale

BTW, is it pronounced sub-marin-er, or sub-ma-riner? Us targets want to know!! lol

Sub-marin-er will do.

But you can call us hunters too.

Skimmers, targets, they are all the same.

Archived