New Commit

LegalEagle

I have an email from Scout saying we have a new commit. I hit the link, and it took me to the 2009 football commits - but no new listing was there.

Does anyone have a clue what the deal is?

So did I but no new commits. Wonder what goes or WHO goes?

Juco WR Jay Wisner has accepted AU's invitation to walk-on.

6-foot-2, 195lbs, 4.45 40-yard dash and has a 40-inch vertical leap.

08' stats - 40 786 yards and six touchdowns, averaging 19.6 yards per reception.

I have an email from Scout saying we have a new commit. I hit the link, and it took me to the 2009 football commits - but no new listing was there.

Does anyone have a clue what the deal is?

I got the same email. When i clicked on it last night from my handheld, it showed Wisner and his stats. This morning, nothing. It did say however he would be considered a walk on.

Remember this guys name. Mark it down.

How come no one out on the west coast picked this guy up?

If those physical stats are true, I'd think schools out there would be all over him.

None of them could promise him he'd be able to say "It's great to be an Auburn Tiger & War Damn Eagle". :yes:

How come no one out on the west coast picked this guy up?

If those physical stats are true, I'd think schools out there would be all over him.

JUCO's get overlooked sometimes out there because of the talent pool in California High Schools. He's going to be a scholly player for this team.

So, as a potential walkon, he can still sign with any school that offers him a scholarship. This will hold true until he actually enrolls in school at Auburn and starts attending classes. Now that others see we're interested, somebody might very well step up with an offer.

If we are saving a slot for Oku, I'd rather give this guy the scholly and tell Oku he's welcome to walk on if/when he makes his mind up. For 2009 need the WR worse than we need another RB.

So, as a potential walkon, he can still sign with any school that offers him a scholarship. This will hold true until he actually enrolls in school at Auburn and starts attending classes. Now that others see we're interested, somebody might very well step up with an offer.

Houston Nutt has several extra. ;):rolleyes:

Weisner's JUCO website says he has "commited" to Auburn. I assume that means he has agreed to come as a walk-on.

Archived