While Rivals and Scout continues to brag about

AUman43

The turds add their 7th commit for 2009. WR Carswell from Georgia. Sabear is raping Georgia with 3 commits early.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The turds add their 7th commit for 2009. WR Carswell from Georgia. Sabear is raping Georgia with 3 commits early.

The only other offer this kid had was from East Carolina, if we want to play the who's offered game.

I think "raping" is a bit of a stretch.

The only other offer this kid had was from East Carolina, if we want to play the who's offered game.

This kid blew it up at a UA camp last summer. He's very quick and could be a good slot receiver. The only catch is he's going to be a project. In his school's first two games last season, they outscored their opponents 114-0. Again, emphasis on him being a project.

This kid blew it up at a UA camp last summer. He's very quick and could be a good slot receiver. The only catch is he's going to be a project. In his school's first two games last season, they outscored their opponents 114-0. Again, emphasis on him being a project.

Ironic.

Put your hand up if you remember Bama fans laughing at us for taking lowly-recruited kids who stood out at camp.

Ironic.

Put your hand up if you remember Bama fans laughing at us for taking lowly-recruited kids who stood out at camp.

Which recruits in recent memory are we talking about?

Ironic.

:wavey::wavey:

Quit watching Bama...it's really undignified and smacks of low self-esteem.

If want a reason to scream that the sky is falling this early in the recruiting process, then focus on the fact that out of the Scout Top 30 OT....we are only being considered by 2 of them. We need OT badly and aren't starting well there. Of course the Juco stats aren't out and hopefully we are chasing the top Juco OT.

BTW...it is still too early to consider a falling sky.

So, does anybody mind pointing out which particular recruits we're talking about here? Oh, and by the way, a while back even metafour said a good indicator of a recruit's talent was his offer list, but wasn't always the end all be all. I would still like to know exactly what recruits with small offer lists that performed well at AU camps and signed with AU that we're talking about.

I would still like to know exactly what recruits with small offer lists that performed well at AU camps and signed with AU that we're talking about.

About half our class last year. Want one name? LaDarius Perkins (who ended up at Miss.State). Another? Travante Stallworth (although he ended up getting offers from Michigan & South Carolina).

I'm not talking about you specifically, but Bammers were laughing it up about how we were getting owned so badly we had to settle for kids that UAB, Troy, etc. were recruiting.

So, does anybody mind pointing out which particular recruits we're talking about here?

Spencer Pybus was a major laughingstock for you bamzos. Later he made the SEC all-freshman team, but y'all don't want to hear that. There are other many names but typing to satisfy some follower of the Cwimpsin Turds isn't something I do. As mentioned above, most of CTT's classes were from players that camped at Auburn. Look up the list of signees.

So, does anybody mind pointing out which particular recruits we're talking about here?

Spencer Pybus was a major laughingstock for you bamzos. Later he made the SEC all-freshman team, but y'all don't want to hear that. There are other many names but typing to satisfy some follower of the Cwimpsin Turds isn't something I do. As mentioned above, most of CTT's classes were from players that camped at Auburn. Look up the list of signees.

I don't really remember saying anything about Pybus, so I don't know. I haven't heard much about him, so I checked the NCAA participation report. He played in 12 games and had a total of 15 tackles. In 4 games, he had no stats, and never had anymore than three tackles in one game. He also defended one pass in 08. He hasn't exactly blown it up or anything, but I would suppose there is some promise there if he is SEC All-Freshman. I'm guessing he was used sparingly as a backup?

Quit watching Bama...it's really undignified and smacks of low self-esteem.

If want a reason to scream that the sky is falling this early in the recruiting process, then focus on the fact that out of the Scout Top 30 OT....we are only being considered by 2 of them. We need OT badly and aren't starting well there. Of course the Juco stats aren't out and hopefully we are chasing the top Juco OT.

BTW...it is still too early to consider a falling sky.

I think realistically, we're going to need to win a few games before a lot of these guys are convinced. And I don't blame them either. Win the WVU game and expect names to start rolling in.

I don't really remember saying anything about Pybus, so I don't know. I haven't heard much about him, so I checked the NCAA participation report. He played in 12 games and had a total of 15 tackles. In 4 games, he had no stats, and never had anymore than three tackles in one game. He also defended one pass in 08. He hasn't exactly blown it up or anything, but I would suppose there is some promise there if he is SEC All-Freshman. I'm guessing he was used sparingly as a backup?

Pybus played because of our injury issues at LB this past year. While AU fans are going to bring up All-SEC for him it should be noted that he pretty much struggled when he was on the field and only made All-SEC because there really wasn't anyone else to put on there (as per the usual case with conference All-Rookie teams). Pybus was going to walk on at Auburn and only got a scholarship because we missed on Jerrell Harris and Pybus got offered by Duke late so they decided to just give him the offer because of #'s issues at LB. He walked into this spring as a starter but was quickly passed by Eltoro Freeman.

Pybus wouldn't have been one of my examples, I was talking about guys who camped and committed early (ie: Perkins, Stallworth) similar to your scenario with the kid you just got a commitment from. I'm not even bashing the kid because theres a reason you took him this early but I'm just just making the point of the double-negative when your fanbase was laughing at us for the same thing and if you go on a Bama board now you wont see many if any questioning the WR or the Shepard kid you got.

While you're all busy poking fun at the kid, he's busy making headlines....

http://alabama.scout.com/a.z?s=14&p=2&c=856119

The top overall performer at the Atlanta Combine came from this position and he just committed to the University of Alabama. Ronald Carswell traveled up from Westside High School in Macon, Ga. and it was worth it for him.

We all knew he was a solid receiver, but he looked much more than that on Saturday. After running the 40 yard dash in 4.52 seconds, he put on a show against the defensive backs.

It started at the line of scrimmage when he made it difficult with his quickness for any defensive back to get a hand on him. From there, he had corners on their heels before his route running ability. After that, he created a lot of space between him and the defender giving the quarterbacks plenty of room to hit him in the open field. Carswell helped his stock tremendously on Scout.com with his performance inside Hallford Stadium.

While you're all busy poking fun at the kid, he's busy making headlines....

http://alabama.scout.com/a.z?s=14&p=2&c=856119

The top overall performer at the Atlanta Combine came from this position and he just committed to the University of Alabama. Ronald Carswell traveled up from Westside High School in Macon, Ga. and it was worth it for him.

We all knew he was a solid receiver, but he looked much more than that on Saturday. After running the 40 yard dash in 4.52 seconds, he put on a show against the defensive backs.

It started at the line of scrimmage when he made it difficult with his quickness for any defensive back to get a hand on him. From there, he had corners on their heels before his route running ability. After that, he created a lot of space between him and the defender giving the quarterbacks plenty of room to hit him in the open field. Carswell helped his stock tremendously on Scout.com with his performance inside Hallford Stadium.

Poking fun? All I'm doing is stating the only other offer he had was from ECU(my dad played there, so I'm a little bit partial the the Purple Pirates). I'm pretty sure AU fans heard that over and over last year from bama fans when we got a kid with a "weak" offer list, but our staff really liked. metafour already named several that are in question. Read how much praise ESPN's scouting site heaped on Stallworth. He only had two other offers, granted one was Mich, but still, we heard over and over that his offer list is weak....who cares what the coaches saw in him...etc.

For all I know the kid will be an All-American, but like I said, if we're playing the "who's offered game," then he's only got one other offer.

EC...U look so good to me....hey hey hey hey! EC U look so good to me....hey hey hey hey!

While some of you keep dissing the post...........Bammer adds #9 and he's NOT a nobody.

Phillip Sims ****

QB 6-2 215

(Oscar F. Smith HS)

Chesapeake, VA 6-2/215/4.70 04/15/2009

Alabama

While some of you keep dissing the post...........Bammer adds #9 and he's NOT a nobody.

Phillip Sims ****

QB 6-2 215

(Oscar F. Smith HS)

Chesapeake, VA 6-2/215/4.70 04/15/2009

Alabama

You really need to stop worrying about who bama is getting. If it's someone we were going head to head for and they got him, well, that's a problem, but we weren't interested in him at all, so there's not point in worrying about it.

Here's what rivals has on his measurables, which make him look a little less physically impressive.

Ht: 6-foot-1

Wt: 209 lbs

Forty: 4.8 secs

I'm really not trying to bring the kid down, but I'm always partial to taking the lesser of the two when it comes to this because we all know when a program says a guy is 6'3", 235 and runs a 4.5, he's more like 6'1.5", 225and runs a 4.7.

Here's what rivals has on his measurables, which make him look a little less physically impressive.

Ht: 6-foot-1

Wt: 209 lbs

Forty: 4.8 secs

Rivals hates us.

Make that #10 for the Turds.

OLB JC Devonta Bolton ****

(East Mississippi)

Scooba, MS 6-4/230 04/16/2009

Archived