While Rivals and Scout continues to brag about

AUman43

getting commits for 2009. I wish we could begin to get a few. it's frustrating!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, that OL Commitment that they just landed had an offer from UAB....and that was his only one, other than uat's...HAHAHAHA. Also, Coach Midget told him that his commitment means that he can't visit other Universities. So, if the hammer is somewhat dropped on uat's head can that recruit go on other visits then, since I'm sure the midget has told him all about the dealings with the NCAA and their possible sanctions that they'll be facing.

I wouldn't worry about it. If there's anything to be learned from following recruiting these past three years, it's that the term "commitment" is close to meaningless. "Current leader" is about all that you can take it to mean.

I wouldn't worry about it. If there's anything to be learned from following recruiting these past three years, it's that the term "commitment" is close to meaningless. "Current leader" is about all that you can take it to mean.

Commitment means "I open mail from XYZ University before everyone else's".

They have, what, 3 committs? The one they picked up today chose UAT over UAB according to Fox 6. It's March 9th. There is plenty of time. Take a valium.

They have, what, 3 committs? The one they picked up today chose UAT over UAB according to Fox 6. It's March 9th. There is plenty of time. Take a valium.

Can their commits transfer to AU after the NCAA smokes UAT's wig?

I don't think that they can. They (bammer) can claim that the reason why it wasn't mentioned to recruits, was due to the fact that the NCAA ordered them not to comment on it just like when a case is in litigation. IT sure might have an impact on this years recruiting however. With Georgia not being able to sign a full contingent this year and Bammer possibly being hit again, Auburn should have a bang up year. Personally, I think we'll have a great year regardless of what happens to bammer.Tim Brando was in town for the Finebaum roast and commented in the Bamaham Rag that Auburn should have a good year and have a bowl game. He didn't allude to what he considered a good year or what bowl he might be referring to though. (for what it's worth)

Money talks....and textbooks walk :)

Commitment means "I open mail from XYZ University before everyone else's".

This is why i think football should have an early signing period like basketball. that show you who was serious about commitments from this time of year and summer.

Though I agree that the word commitment means zilch these days, it seems different at Bama. It is more rare to see a Bama commit change his mind than an Auburn commit. Just something I have noticed.

Though I agree that the word commitment means zilch these days, it seems different at Bama. It is more rare to see a Bama commit change his mind than an Auburn commit. Just something I have noticed.

PC, you're absolutely right. I can't remember when we snagged a recruit away from the turds after they'd committed to them. On the other hand, we've lost several to them. I agree with the statement that we should have an early signing period to eliminate a lot of this posturing and end the media circus with these manipulative kids. If someone would have told me 50 years ago that a high school recruit would have held a news conference at the high school, covered by newspapers and television stations, I would have said there's NO way. It's gone way too far and keeps getting worse. America has got their priorities so screwed up it stinks. While there's several million Taliban and Al Quadi planning our destruction, we're concerned with recruiting, american idol, the academy awards, and movies. SAD!

It's not just taking one from Bama. It just seems that we lose a few in general (though we also gain some) to numerous programs (UNC, Ole Miss, Bama, FSU, etc.) and Bama does not seem to lose any period to any schools.

While there's several million Taliban and Al Quadi planning our destruction, we're concerned with recruiting, american idol, the academy awards, and movies. SAD!

Agreed.

I'm getting my ass off the couch as we speak to go purchase countless rolls of duct tape. After taping all doors and windows, I'll just sit here until the Tailban blows me or 12/21/12.

What else do you suggest we do with our time? Try to assist the CIA?

While there's several million Taliban and Al Quadi planning our destruction, we're concerned with recruiting, american idol, the academy awards, and movies. SAD!

So you went from 09 recruits to the Taliban...nice transition...or not

You guys just don't have a clue do you?

I'll just sit here until the Tailban blows me

So....um......what?

Don't say anything Slink the U.N. has a resolution condemning any sort of such talk. :P

You guys just don't have a clue do you?

About what?

About ALL of our misplaced sense of priorities. I'm just as guilty as the next sometimes but one can't seem to make an adult statement of a serious nature on here without getting flamed. Point is, there's millions of taliban who know nothing about Auburn recruiting and care even less while we anxiously await the next commitment. Which is more dangerous or damaging to all of our welfare? That's my point! I just thought somebody might see the irony, but apparently many are just too immature or just plain smart assed to care.

No I think you are looking at things wrong. We are just a compartmentalized group of folks. This is the recruiting forum and the terrorist stuff usually goes in the political forum. ;)

No I think you are looking at things wrong. We are just a compartmentalized group of folks. This is the recruiting forum and the terrorist stuff usually goes in the political forum. ;)

Now I'm really confused. :blink: What about that guy Saban? I hear he is a terror when it comes to recruiting. :shoot:

Now I'm really confused. :blink: What about that guy Saban? I hear he is a terror when it comes to recruiting. :shoot:

Haven't you heard, his real name is Osama Nick Bin Saban

Archived