Man, if this isn't an NCAA Tourney team

TitanTiger

...then I've never watched a second of basketball. Now 22-10, 11-6 in conference. Won 9 of the last 10. Knocked off the other "bubble" team tonight. These guys deserve a shot.

What a freaking game that was. Hard to believe it took three-quarters of the game to even take the lead! I cannot WAIT for tomorrow! LET'S GO TIGERS!! WAR EAGLE!!!

Great game tonight. It seemed like every time we had a chance to take the lead, someone put the lid back on the basket. BUT, we finally got the lead and played outstanding defense the whole game. We deserved to be in the tournament BEFORE this game tonight, but that should really get us in. Hope the committee feels the same way.

I agree they deserve a bid. I just feel more work is needed to prove it to the committee. The kids must continue to work hard and win. Winning will get them places. Deserving things will not.

I agree they deserve a bid. I just feel more work is needed to prove it to the committee. The kids must continue to work hard and win. Winning will get them places. Deserving things will not.

Funny PC I have just let most of your stuff slide, but at some point do you ever see the glass with anything in it, really

Yea you are right - I should convince myself that Auburn is in the tournament. Hell, if I was a Bammer wouldn't I convince myself that Bama was in the tournament? Really - what is the difference. There is not one pundit out there that sees Auburn as a lock right now, except a few delusional Auburn fans. Do I need to act like I am convinced and lie to myself and others just to please you and a few Auburn fans.

By the way, SI.com didn't even have an article on the UF game. Still no mention of Auburn there. ESPN barely did. Their headline was "Florida Falls" and it was a small headline.

Of the articles I have read, if they mention Auburn as needing to beat UT. So I guess I'm not alone. The best part of beating UF - the fact we have one more game to work on our resume and to keep hope alive. Nothing to celebrate yet.

I guarantee you if AU loses to UT, we won't be in the tournament. But I guess you think they are in either way, huh?

You may see the glass as half full. You may think I see it as half empty. I see a glass that is too large.

Yea you are right - I should convince myself that Auburn is in the tournament. Hell, if I was a Bammer wouldn't I convince myself that Bama was in the tournament? Really - what is the difference. There is not one pundit out there that sees Auburn as a lock right now, except a few delusional Auburn fans. Do I need to act like I am convinced and lie to myself and others just to please you and a few Auburn fans.

By the way, SI.com didn't even have an article on the UF game. Still no mention of Auburn there. ESPN barely did. Their headline was "Florida Falls" and it was a small headline.

Of the articles I have read, if they mention Auburn as needing to beat UT. So I guess I'm not alone. The best part of beating UF - the fact we have one more game to work on our resume and to keep hope alive. Nothing to celebrate yet.

I guarantee you if AU loses to UT, we won't be in the tournament. But I guess you think they are in either way, huh?

You may see the glass as half full. You may think I see it as half empty. I see a glass that is too large.

shouldn't that be "since I am a Bammer"?

Yea you are right - I should convince myself that Auburn is in the tournament. Hell, if I was a Bammer wouldn't I convince myself that Bama was in the tournament?

No, you would convince yourself that Bammer had already won it. B)

Funny PC I have just let most of your stuff slide, but at some point do you ever see the glass with anything in it, really

Why do yall attack him for stating the obvious?! YOU are the "Bammars".

Ooooooh Drew, the problem is: PC isn't stating the obvious. He's stating opinion... just like Joe Lunardi and everyone else. The assumption they (and he) are working on is that the SEC is only going to get 2 teams in the Dance. That's fine if you want to think that... you're just going to be wrong on Selection Sunday. Everyone touts the fact that Lunardi nailed the field last year, but they leave off the fact that it was the first time he'd ever done it. He'll miss on 1-3 teams again this year just like normal. And the one he's almost definitely going to miss: the SEC. We're going to get AT LEAST 3 teams in the tournament. Wait and see.

As it stands, here's the tourney field that we can almost guarantee:

ACC (6) with Maryland on the bubble and still alive in the tourney

AEC (1)

A10 (3) winner of Temple/Duquesne gets the auto-bid

ASun (1)

Big 12 (6) with Baylor still alive in the title game as a possible 7th

Big East (7)... Providence won't get in

Big Sky (1)

Big South (1)

Big Ten (4) with Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota on the bubble (in that order)... I'll bet a dollar to your dime PSU doesn't get in

Big West (1) Northridge/Pacific winner

Colonial (1)

CUSA (1)... Memphis is hammering Tulsa right now

Horizon (2)

Ivy (1)

MAAC (1)

MAC (1) Buffalo/Akron winner

MEAC (1) Morgan State/Norfolk State winner

Valley (1) with Creighton on the bubble

Mountain West (2) with SDSU on the bubble and still alive in the title game

NEC (1)

Ohio Valley (1)

Pac 10 (4) with USC alive in the title game and Arizona on the bubble

Patriot (1)

SEC (2) with Auburn, South Carolina, and UF on the bubble (in that order) and MSU still alive in the tourney

SoCon (1)... Davidson won't get in

Southland (1) Stephen F Austin/San Antonio winner

Summit (1)

Sun Belt (1)

SWAC (1) JSU/ASU winner

WCC (1) with St. Mary's distantly on the bubble

WAC (1) USU/Nevada winner with USU as a possible bubble team

So that's 58 spots locked up, which leaves 7 at-large positions still up for grabs. The teams that could conceivably get an at-large bid are: Maryland, Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, Creighton, SDSU, Arizona, Auburn, South Carolina, UF, St. Mary's, and Utah State. That's 13 teams. The teams still alive in tournaments that would need to win the tourney OR get an at-large: Maryland, Baylor, SDSU, USC, Auburn, MSU, USU, and Nevada. So that means four teams could take themselves off the bubble and four teams could "steal" at-large bids.

Of the "bubble" teams, St. Mary's, Utah State, Arizona, and UF probably have the worst chance of getting in b/c USU hasn't done a whole lot and the others are coming in "cold" (which will matter more than people think). Given that, you would have to assume that Maryland, all three Big Ten teams, Creighton, SDSU, and South Carolina all get in over Auburn in order for us to miss OR assume that a team that played dreadful down the stretch gets in over us. Of those "final 8" I think it's more likely that we get in over South Carolina, SDSU, and probably Minnesota (losers of 7 of their last 10). If I'm right, there would have to be 3 teams "steal" bids for us to get knocked out (as of this moment) AND even that would assume that we don't add a 5th RPI top 50 win today.

Simply put, beat UT and we're a lock. The SEC is going to get a 3rd team, and unless a LOT of teams steal bids (and MSU is one of them), we're going to be that team.

Ooooooh Drew, the problem is: PC isn't stating the obvious. He's stating opinion... just like Joe Lunardi and everyone else. The assumption they (and he) are working on is that the SEC is only going to get 2 teams in the Dance. That's fine if you want to think that... you're just going to be wrong on Selection Sunday. Everyone touts the fact that Lunardi nailed the field last year, but they leave off the fact that it was the first time he'd ever done it. He'll miss on 1-3 teams again this year just like normal. And the one he's almost definitely going to miss: the SEC. We're going to get AT LEAST 3 teams in the tournament. Wait and see.

AEC (1)

ASun (1)

Big Sky (1)

Big South (1)

Big Ten (4) with Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota on the bubble (in that order)... I'll bet a dollar to your dime PSU doesn't get in

Colonial (1)

Horizon (2)

Ivy (1)

MAAC (1)

NEC (1)

Ohio Valley (1)

Patriot (1)

SEC (2) with Auburn, South Carolina, and UF on the bubble (in that order) and MSU still alive in the tourney

Summit (1)

Sun Belt (1)

SWAC (1) JSU/ASU winner

So that's 58 spots locked up, which leaves 7 at-large positions still up for grabs. The teams that could conceivably get an at-large bid are: Maryland, Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, Creighton, SDSU, Arizona, Auburn, South Carolina, UF, St. Mary's, and Utah State. That's 13 teams. The teams still alive in tournaments that would need to win the tourney OR get an at-large: Maryland, Baylor, SDSU, USC, Auburn, MSU, USU, and Nevada. So that means four teams could take themselves off the bubble and four teams could "steal" at-large bids.

Of the "bubble" teams, St. Mary's, Utah State, Arizona, and UF probably have the worst chance of getting in b/c USU hasn't done a whole lot and the others are coming in "cold" (which will matter more than people think). Given that, you would have to assume that Maryland, all three Big Ten teams, Creighton, SDSU, and South Carolina all get in over Auburn in order for us to miss OR assume that a team that played dreadful down the stretch gets in over us. Of those "final 8" I think it's more likely that we get in over South Carolina, SDSU, and probably Minnesota (losers of 7 of their last 10). If I'm right, there would have to be 3 teams "steal" bids for us to get knocked out (as of this moment) AND even that would assume that we don't add a 5th RPI top 50 win today.

Simply put, beat UT and we're a lock. The SEC is going to get a 3rd team, and unless a LOT of teams steal bids (and MSU is one of them), we're going to be that team.

Excellent work. I applaud you.

Of course, Miss St looks like they plan to give us the shaft.

AEC (1)

ASun (1)

Big Sky (1)

Big South (1)

Colonial (1)

Horizon (2)

Ivy (1)

MAAC (1)

NEC (1)

Ohio Valley (1)

Patriot (1)

Summit (1)

Sun Belt (1)

SWAC (1) JSU/ASU winner

Blah, blah, blah, so basically...you agreed with PC

Archived