Sheltie puppies, anyone?

Anyone happen to have a lead on any sheltie (shetland sheepdog--the miniature lassie/collie breed) puppies? ...Specifically a male, sable-colored.

A dear friend of mine just lost hers to old age and is looking for a new companion of that breed, gender, and color. I know she's already talking to some breeders and may have found one or two, but she's not looking for a showdog with the top bloodlines those breeders want to sell her, just a sheltie companion. If you have any other leads I'll pass them on to her.

My son's best friend has a female Sheltie that is carrying a litter of pups right now. I know that's not a lot of help at the moment, but if nothing else pans out she may have exactly what you're looking for. I know nothing about breeding dogs, but these are in Madison, AL.

My son's best friend has a female Sheltie that is carrying a litter of pups right now. I know that's not a lot of help at the moment, but if nothing else pans out she may have exactly what you're looking for. I know nothing about breeding dogs, but these are in Madison, AL.

Thanks! Keep me posted when/if the litter is available and I'll pass the word on to my friend.

Anyone happen to have a lead on any sheltie (shetland sheepdog--the miniature lassie/collie breed) puppies? ...Specifically a male, sable-colored.

A dear friend of mine just lost hers to old age and is looking for a new companion of that breed, gender, and color. I know she's already talking to some breeders and may have found one or two, but she's not looking for a showdog with the top bloodlines those breeders want to sell her, just a sheltie companion. If you have any other leads I'll pass them on to her.

fwiw, i purchased a dog with champion bloodlines and health clearances for a pretty high cost. After owning dogs of both natures....I will always buy the dog with the superior bloodlines. I dont show dogs and I dont even really hunt, so family companion is mostly what I'm looking for. As far as temperment, trainability, brains, etc.... It is most definitely worth the extra $$$ you put out for them. I just purchased another pup from a very superior breeding and already at 8 weeks old she is proving to be leaps and bounds ahead of any of the pups I've owned.

fwiw, the smartest dog I've ever had was a free yellow lab. One evening we went outside and spotted a rabbit about the same time, close by. I told her to stay. She complied. And, she was a sweetheart!

Good luck with helping your friend find a new companion. Sounds like TigerHeat has supplied a good lead.

fwiw, the smartest dog I've ever had was a free yellow lab. One evening we went outside and spotted a rabbit about the same time, close by. I told her to stay. She complied. And, she was a sweetheart!

Good luck with helping your friend find a new companion. Sounds like TigerHeat has supplied a good lead.

I have no problem with people whose preference in dogs is registered pure bloodlines--to each his own. And my friend does want a pure sheltie, with no other genes in the mix.

For me personally, however, I tend to agree with you, ON. The best, smartest, sweetest dogs I've known personally, mine or others, have been freebies and/or mutts. The current love of my life is mostly Australian Shepherd, but has other genes in the woodpile and didn't cost me anything...and I wouldn't swap her for any AKC champion. (I do have a preference for the herding breeds--shepherds, border collies, etc. They just seem smarter to me--maybe 'cause they can outwit sheep & cattle? :rolleyes: But again, JMHO.)

But different strokes for different folks--I glad yours worked out for you, War-Gigem. :thumbsup:

Archived