Are there any new pics of arena going up

Construction Progress - June 2009 (Ace Aerial Phtography)

Aub-5-27.jpg

Arena%205-28.jpg

Can't wait for it to open! It'll open as I start my first semester at Auburn. :cheer:

Me either!! :cheer::cheer:

TigerFreak, are you going to be a freshman next year? Reason I ask is, are freshman required to stay in the Village?

I'll be a freshman in the fall of 2010 and im not sure about the Village but I don't think so.

TigerFreak, are you going to be a freshman next year? Reason I ask is, are freshman required to stay in the Village?

I'll be a freshman in the fall of 2010 and im not sure about the Village but I don't think so.

I'm thinking all freshman will be required to live on campus in the near future. The sororities are moving to the Village so they will fill them up first and whatever is leftover will be for the rest of the student body. They will go fast since housing is first-come-first-serve so it will be very hard to get into the village with the expected demand to live there.

Edit: And screw you for having it your first year. The first season will be the year after I graduate.

I'm thinking all freshman will be required to live on campus in the near future. The sororities are moving to the Village so they will fill them up first and whatever is leftover will be for the rest of the student body. They will go fast since housing is first-come-first-serve so it will be very hard to get into the village with the expected demand to live there.

Edit: And screw you for having it your first year. The first season will be the year after I graduate.

I'm sorry lol. I'm just a lucky guy.

I'm sorry lol. I'm just a lucky guy.

I hope you get as lucky as I did. My first semester at Auburn the football team went 13-0.

• 4 weeks later...

Arena looks baller.

Yes, students are not forced to live on campus and I am not sure if the created enough new housing to accommodate all in-coming freshmen. Only like 25 or 50% of in-coming freshmen live on campus. They will continue to live in the Quad and on the Hill.

Do a lot more students take Tiger Transit now? I recall when I was there that the students were making a big deal out of parking (but it was mostly complaints about getting tickets for parking illegally).

How did the students adapt?

It's a compliment, Titan.

Arena looks baller.

Yes, students are not forced to live on campus and I am not sure if the created enough new housing to accommodate all in-coming freshmen. Only like 25 or 50% of in-coming freshmen live on campus. They will continue to live in the Quad and on the Hill.

Do a lot more students take Tiger Transit now? I recall when I was there that the students were making a big deal out of parking (but it was mostly complaints about getting tickets for parking illegally).

How did the students adapt?

They currently are not, but there are plans to make the freshman stay on campus and get meal plans with their tuition and room & board.

I like taking Tiger transit, it seems retarded for me to drive and find a place to park when I could walk and get there faster. I usually walk unless I'm running late and the transit is is coming when i walk out or if I'm feeling lazy that day. The people who get parking passes probably don't even need to drive to class, but for some reason feel like they have to. I can understand those who live pretty far off campus driving though.

Archived