71-67, uat loses to Cornell*

RunInRed

But Niagara sucks, right?

Of course not. I've already penciled them in for the Final Four.

Anyway...

I'm behind Grant 100%. If he can beat Duke with Virginia Commonwealth, he can win at 'Bama in due time. This season won't be one to evaluate in terms of wins and losses, but rather style of play and intensity showed.

Alabama's going to lose a lot of games this year. We've still got guys starting for us that aren't good enough to ride the JUCO pine -- but the increased tempo and hustle will be good enough for me. That, and knowing that this season can't last forever.

Of course not. I've already penciled them in for the Final Four.

Anyway...

I'm behind Grant 100%. If he can beat Duke with Virginia Commonwealth, he can win at 'Bama in due time. This season won't be one to evaluate in terms of wins and losses, but rather style of play and intensity showed.

Alabama's going to lose a lot of games this year. We've still got guys starting for us that aren't good enough to ride the JUCO pine -- but the increased tempo and hustle will be good enough for me. That, and knowing that this season can't last forever.

Agreed. Start rebuilding, Coach Grant.

Cornell was 21-9 last year with losses to Indiana, Siena, Syracuse, St. Johns, Minnesota, St Joes, Princeton, Yale, and Harvard. They actually were the best team in the Ivy League, unlike Niagara. They actually made the NCAA tournament, unlike Niagara. They weren't losing to the likes of Iona and Rider every time they lost.

Yea... so based on all of that, and the Niagara thread, this really is not a bad loss at all for UA. I mean Cornell is awesome. This loss ranks up there with losing to Kentucky - gotta expect these losses.

Who was it that didn't know anything about basketball... hmmm... look in a mirror maybe, instead of throwing out accusations against those who would whoop you in basketball.

Cornell was 21-9 last year with losses to Indiana, Siena, Syracuse, St. Johns, Minnesota, St Joes, Princeton, Yale, and Harvard. They actually were the best team in the Ivy League, unlike Niagara. They actually made the NCAA tournament, unlike Niagara. They weren't losing to the likes of Iona and Rider every time they lost.

Yea... so based on all of that, and the Niagara thread, this really is not a bad loss at all for UA. I mean Cornell is awesome. This loss ranks up there with losing to Kentucky - gotta expect these losses.

Who was it that didn't know anything about basketball... hmmm... look in a mirror maybe, instead of throwing out accusations against those who would whoop you in basketball.

Both come from conferences that get one bid...the tourney winner/league champ. Cornell won the Ivy League. Niagara had a good season and lost in OT of the tourney final to Siena, a 27-win team that made it to Round 2 of the NCAAs.

And seeing how you have no earthly idea how I am in basketball, that's fairly ridiculous thing to say even if you are 13 years younger. But aside from that, being good in basketball doesn't make you good in logic.

There's no way you can spin this loss as not that bad while simultaneously pissing on our win. Unless you're a douche.

And seeing how you have no earthly idea how I am in basketball, that's fairly ridiculous thing to say even if you are 13 years younger. But aside from that, being good in basketball doesn't make you good in logic.

Actually being good in basketball is one reason. Being an engineer from Auburn, where logic is pretty large, and my job description as nothing but logical processes, that graduated top of his class is another for the logic part. Actually, all I do is think logically. But that is what actually keeps me from being an Auburn "fan," because apparently I think too realistically and logically to be a sunshine pumper. You just don't want to comprehend it because you can't keep up with me.

And it's a fairly safe bet that I could take you in basketball. I know my skills and what to expect from the average person. Ahh... I'll never forget the day some guy at the Student Act tried to hustle me out of $20 and I ended up beating him (he almost hustled me, I will give him credit).

But oh well, let's not get into that. End of discussion. If you ever want to play some ball, I'm game. It's Atlanta or when I'm in Auburn, but I'm game.

Actually being good in basketball is one reason.

No, being good in basketball is not a reason that one knows anything about how to analyze the game or breakdown teams. For instance, some are great at one on one or street ball but don't understand team concepts and dynamics. Just because basketball skill and basketball knowledge sometimes coincide, it's a logical error to say therefore such skills mean one truly understands the game. Others are great on the floor seeing what's around them, have amazing reflexes and athletic ability and can simply make great plays even in a team situation, but couldn't coach or analyze a lick because they lack the ability to see things from the big picture perspective. Conversely, there are those who were never particularly gifted at the game themselves, but what they lacked in athletic ability and physical giftings they make up for with a sharp mind. They can't outplay most people but they truly understand the game. This parallels the axiom "correlation does not imply causation." The point still stands...whether your good in basketball or not really has no bearing on your ability to analyze it logically.

Being an engineer from Auburn, where logic is pretty large, and my job description as nothing but logical processes, that graduated top of his class is another for the logic part. Actually, all I do is think logically. But that is what actually keeps me from being an Auburn "fan," because apparently I think too realistically and logically to be a sunshine pumper. You just don't want to comprehend it because you can't keep up with me.

I could run circles around you. You just think being a contrarian dick all the time is the same thing as operating with dispassionate logic. For instance, one of your problems with logic is the fallacy that you are the default position for "objective" and all other positions deviate from your true north perspective. This failure of logic causes you to believe that unless one sees the same impending doom as you do and is just as critical as you are, they are automatically a sunshine pumper. You too easily swing to extremes and seem unable to think outside of a simple, binary yes/no, black/white outlook. Or at least if you are capable of it, you purposely suppress it out of some inordinate need for attention, even if it's 95% negative.

You may think with with great logic for your chosen field, but your application of it in this realm is subpar at best.

And it's a fairly safe bet that I could take you in basketball. I know my skills and what to expect from the average person. Ahh... I'll never forget the day some guy at the Student Act tried to hustle me out of $20 and I ended up beating him (he almost hustled me, I will give him credit).

But oh well, let's not get into that. End of discussion. If you ever want to play some ball, I'm game. It's Atlanta or when I'm in Auburn, but I'm game.

Not the point as it has no bearing on your illogical analysis in this discussion, but you still assume way too much.

and once again i see pchamp has derailed yet another thread with his childish idiocy. titan, when are you going to learn to ignore the troll? :lol:

Titan, I will agree with you that being good at a sport does not necessarily mean you are good at analyzing the game.

I still claim I could whoop in you bball though ;)

Maybe you could. I am 39 and have spent way more time raising two kids the last six years or so than playing basketball. But you wouldn't be the first to think that then be surprised once the ball was in play. ;)

Maybe you could. I am 39 and have spent way more time raising two kids the last six years or so than playing basketball. But you wouldn't be the first to think that then be surprised once the ball was in play. ;)

My money would be on Titan.

Also, I'm logical PChump--- you're just a jerk. :poke:;)

Why is it every basketball season for the past couple of years that PChump has to brag about his balla skills? We get it dude, you can hit a jump shot, yay white boy.

Actually the jump shot is not my strength, actually more of a weakness honestly... I strive on defense and using my 5'7" skillz under the basket

Now this matchup becomes even more intriguing, because I play a similar style. I'm decent with the jumper though. But I do tend to focus on defense and harassing the living daylights out of whoever their best outside shooter or ball handler is. But I'm 5' 10". :)

Actually the jump shot is not my strength, actually more of a weakness honestly... I strive on defense and using my 5'7" skillz under the basket

Ahhh. Now it starts to make sense. Short man's complex... :big:

Archived