Happy? No But it could have been worse.

TN TIGER

If not for the work ethic and senior leadership, we could have mailed it in after LSU, but we didn't. Better days ahead men, gaurateed!

I agree that winning the Ole Miss game was nice. 7 wins was better than I expected after the Arkansas game (I expected Furman as the only V left). 7 wins is better than 6! Who would've thought the Chick-Fil-A bowl would want a 7 win team? I just hope they don't pick Ole Miss instead. Get ready for an Auburn-Clemson rivalry folks.

You are correct. It could have been worse. Joe Cox for Heisman missed what? Three TDs by 3 inches tonight?

Not a good game for our coaching staff. But this is a learning year for all of them and we are still bowl eligible. So we can at least say we met expectations this season.

Well yes it COULD have been worse. The Kentucky loss was worse, but tonight is a close second. Major opportunity blown. I don't know whose expectations have been met. I expected this team to win at least nine games. Though there is still a chance for nine wins, we won't do that with the type of performance displayed tonight.

No one is happy after their team loses. Although Georgia manhandled us in the 2nd half, we didn't quit, we didn't give up, and almost took the game into OT. War Damn Eagle.

No one is happy after their team loses. Although Georgia manhandled us in the 2nd half, we didn't quit, we didn't give up, and almost took the game into OT. War Damn Eagle.

You're right...we didn't give up but we did lose a game we should have won. And I'm having a real hard time accepting it. We should be 8-3 at worst and instead we are 7-5...hard to swallow

I thought this team was capable of 9-10 wins if all the stars aligned and we were lucky on the injury front. I can't say I expected it. I'd say 7-8 wins was meeting expectations. Given the rash of injuries on defense, that's probably about right.

I thought for sure we would be 8-9 wins, but things have not worked out that way. I said I had expectations of a unbeaten season, however, that's what I really wanted as a goal. Two different realms of reality. Am I disappointed? Sure. Do I think this team deserves to criticism for their errors? Not by me. I believe it's the measure of a man to correct his own mistakes, and so, I leave it up to the players to perform that check for themselves while remaining Auburn men. I'm proud of our team. When other teams fall behind, they tend to get out of control with unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. We didn't and that alone says all needs to be said about the character of our team as a whole. With the loss comes the acceptance on an individual bases of performance, or lack of in some areas. This will prove beneficial for the individual in life at sometime, believe me. Sure, I want to beat Bama and shut up the critics, but I'm not willing to sacrifice character flaws for victory. Other schools may do that, but we have a tradition at Auburn and that doesn't include eating our own. But rather, picking them up, brushing them off and helping them find their own way through life with the ability to make the smart choices that leaders make. This isn't so much about our own selfish desires of shutting up the incestuous pool of human waste on the other side of the state, as it is about holding our people to certain standards of behavior with the expectation of continued support of the Auburn Creed throughout their lives and those they touch.

Another note: We are playing a lot of inexperienced players and I thought heart would overcome the inexperience. However, I was wrong. The only thing to replace inexperience with is experience. There may be no substitute as far as I can see today.

If not for the work ethic and senior leadership, we could have mailed it in after LSU, but we didn't. Better days ahead men, gaurateed!

I think that we as Auburn fan's have lost "All" perspective B/C of CGM's offense. Somehow we expect to win every game and we don't see the lack of depth on Defense. And that's a very very sad thing thing to me. WDE

Brighter days are Ahead count on it.

Well yes it COULD have been worse. The Kentucky loss was worse, but tonight is a close second. Major opportunity blown. I don't know whose expectations have been met. I expected this team to win at least nine games. Though there is still a chance for nine wins, we won't do that with the type of performance displayed tonight.

I don't know of anyone that knows football well that expected this young team with a new coaching staff and lack of depth to win 9 games this year. So give yourself and the team a break, go read and learn a little more thaen come back with realistic "expectations".

The Kentucky game is the only game that made me feel sick at my stomach. This game stinks, but we can still make waves the final two games.

The future will be better. I'm glad Coach Dye stuck around after that 5-6 season he had. :thumbsup:

When you think about it, we are about two, TWO touchdowns from being 9-2, that isn't bad considering all the things that have happened and with a new staff and a lack of talent and depth. If we can hang on to a top recruiting class this year, things will begin to improve dramatically next year. WDE! :cheer:

Archived