AU vs. Missouri State Tonight

RunInRed

Auburn basketball (1-0) plays its first road game of the season at Missouri State on Monday at 7:05 pm Central in Springfield, Mo. The Tigers return following a dramatic 69-65 come-from-behind win over Niagara which saw Auburn outscore the Purple Eagles 11-0 in the final 89 seconds of the game. It is Missouri State's season opener. The game is televised locally in Springfield, Mo., and can be watched on the internet for $10.95 by going to Missouri State's website at this link - Click here.

The game can also be heard on the Auburn ISP Sports Network and on www.auburntigers.com

http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111509aaa.html

Tay Waller not playing again for Auburn, still out with that quad injury.

Once again, a very sloppy game early - Auburn up 9-7 after a Hargrove dunk, but they have been shooting terribly again from the field.

This loss tonight sucks but we do have a lot of new players and it's gonna take a little time for them to gel. It also doesn't help that Tay Waller was out he is our only real 3 point threat.

Yes. But let's keep in mind that last year we lost to Mercer at home and had a close call with Alabama St., but finished well and ended up 24-9. I think we can do better than that this year if someone steps up on the inside to replace Vot and the chemistry comes together with all these new guys.

Yes. But let's keep in mind that last year we lost to Mercer at home and had a close call with Alabama St., but finished well and ended up 24-9. I think we can do better than that this year if someone steps up on the inside to replace Vot and the chemistry comes together with all these new guys.

And we still didn't make the NCAA Tournament because of those losses. You think this year will be any different? If Auburn turns it around and loses to another Alabama State and Dayton and goes 24-9 or whatever and doesn't make the NCAA Tournament, you will be fine with that? You will be happy because some young kids took some time to have some chemistry and showed resiliency? Or that it will give you hope for 2010-2011?

Yes, last year the team did much better later in the season and that was with... veterans. You really think young guys, who you just claimed don't have chemistry, will be able to do the same? Quit with the sunshine pumping and admit that this program is horrible.

I was a Lebo supporter and frankly don't think Auburn could get anybody much better. But come on, the guy has been here since 04 and he hasn't made this program any better. Ellis goes to the Sweet 16, has one bad year, and this will now be 6 years without going to the NCAA under a new coach. Yea... it's early. But this "young talent" crap is nothing but... excuses. It's always an excuse. Crappy arena. Young players. Injuries. It's a game, you have to account for these things. Maybe the program just... sucks.

If somebody steps up... who says anyone will?

Chemistry... I guess you'll just wait for another two years when this program has juniors that have played with each other a few years and the chemistry is finally there.

It's basketball... this isn't football. New coaches come in and turn programs around quickly. Lebo hasn't done it in 6 years. Not that Auburn necessarily deserves better, but yes they do. Get a new coach - someone who won't lose to these types of programs year-in and year-out.

If every single year you have an excuse for arenas, depth, younger players and injuries, when do you finally accept that the real issue is beyond that?

At least Auburn beat Niagara!! Biggest win in the Lebo era!

Yea... it's early. But this "young talent" crap is nothing but... excuses.

If it doesn't pull together after a few games, I'm with you. But two games in is a little early to be whining. And there are several new players who are being expected to carry a large load right away. It may take a few games for them to gel. That's all I'm saying.

Chemistry... I guess you'll just wait for another two years when this program has juniors that have played with each other a few years and the chemistry is finally there.

If your switch wasn't always stuck on dick mode all the time, maybe you could consider that no one is saying "a few years." I'm saying "a few games."

It's basketball... this isn't football. New coaches come in and turn programs around quickly. Lebo hasn't done it in 6 years. Not that Auburn necessarily deserves better, but yes they do. Get a new coach - someone who won't lose to these types of programs year-in and year-out.

I think he's had enough time too and if we don't make the tourney, my inclination is to find someone new also. But it would be nice if you could come out of your hole a little later in the season before announcing that you've seen your shadow and there will be 6 more weeks of winter.

I actually think that Lebo finally has a solid hand to play with. This is probably his deepest and most athletic team by far. But one of these new guys is going to have to step up on the inside to replace Vot and we're gonna need a consistent scorer to replace Rasheem's points. If we can do that, this team could really make some noise. If it doesn't and we miss the tourney, I agree, it's time for him to move on.

I agree with you. Give them a couple more games. But in my opinion, this is just a sign of things to come. The Auburn basketball program is not going to be able to win 10+ SEC games this year and the general rule of thumb for an SEC team to make the Tourny is to win all your home games and 1 away game and you need to win all the gimme games. For every gimme loss, you have to pull off a big upset or two to make up for it. This loss tells me that Auburn has to beat UT or UK and still win all of their remaining non-conference games. Given last night's performance, I just don't think it will happen.

His time is up. He's had every opportunity to build a program and it just hasn't happened. There is no sign of turning a corner. There is no sign of a break-through recruiting class. He seems like a decent fellow but he's no closer in 2009 to fielding a contender than he was in 2004.

I don't see how going 24-12 and making a nice run in the NIT doesn't show any sign of turning a corner. His time isn't up until we see what happens this season. If we didn't decide to cut him loose after last year, firing him right now would serve no purpose whatsoever.

Archived