AU V Troy Friday 7 PM

BZ770

Tigers lose 81-77. Abysmal shooting tonight killed us. 39% from the floor (vs 54% for Troy), 26% from 3-point land (vs 52% for Troy). Hargrove had a particularly rough night going 4 of 16 overall and 1 of 8 from three point land.

Troy - 81 Auburn - 77

I've been behind Lebo for awhile now... but this is just getting pretty pathetic. We should not be losing games to Troy, Missouri State, or even barely clinging to win against Niagra.

Looking at the play-by-play, we were up by one with less than two minutes to play. From there, we had two turnovers and three missed three point shots. Meanwhile, they were filling it up. Not good. One of the real downfalls of last year's team was an inability to finish halves. They improved on that throughout the season, but it cost us several games. Just like tonight.

Unless by some miracle the team catches fire and makes the NCAA tournament (by their record, not sucking all year then winning the conference tourney), I say it's time to move on. That was a pathetic display.

There's no doubt in my mind Lebo will be around for the next year or two. You really think the university will go wild after paying the buyout to xCTT, money going towards the coaching search (still not sure if that's expensive or not), hiring of Chizik & co., money towards the demolition of Beard-Eaves, the construction of the new stadium, and the many other construction projects going on around campus?

Great more years of mediocrity. We should all be excited. I tell ya I do not know who makes me want to hit the snooze button faster when I hear them talk Chizik or Lebo. With respect to Chizik he at least has the football program headed in the right direction but if you are asking for either of these guys to have a shred of personality your reaching. I mean I wonder if Lebo could sell ice to the US Troops in Iraq in the dead of summer.

There's no doubt in my mind Lebo will be around for the next year or two. You really think the university will go wild after paying the buyout to xCTT, money going towards the coaching search (still not sure if that's expensive or not), hiring of Chizik & co., money towards the demolition of Beard-Eaves, the construction of the new stadium, and the many other construction projects going on around campus?

What kind of buyout does Lebo possibly have? If it's high, we need to can the guy who locked him in. Auburn has a new arena to fill. There could be pressure to get someone who can fill it. 5 years is long enough to lay a strong foundation for a program. He hasn't done that. Someone remind me why we got rid of Cliffy?

What kind of buyout does Lebo possibly have? If it's high, we need to can the guy who locked him in. Auburn has a new arena to fill. There could be pressure to get someone who can fill it. 5 years is long enough to lay a strong foundation for a program. He hasn't done that. Someone remind me why we got rid of Cliffy?

Man, I've been saying that for 3 yrs now, why did we get rid of Coach Ellis. We went to the Sweet 16 then had 1 bad season the next year and he's gone. There were some rumors of NCAA investigations but those went away after he was gone. To tell you the truth I got tired about complaining about Lebo some time ago, when I figured the Univ wasn't listening. This loss really does hurt. Good players in the state already leave the state, without giving Bama and Auburn looks, but not even beating Troy hurts in many ways, recruiting, pride. Lets hope for the best that we can still salvage this season. I can't wait till Monday night to see them on TV for the first time this year.

Actually the investigations didn't go away after he was gone, we went on probation and lost scholarships. And it was the second time in Ellis' tenure that we'd gotten on probation. You just can't allow someone to stick around after that because that stuff affects all the athletic programs in terms of repeat violator windows and such.

Does it give anyone a warm fuzzy to know that the decsion on Lebo, and the hiring of a new coach if and when Lebo is fired, is in the hands of JJ? When will someone get the ball rolling to fire JJ?

Wow, this program is pathetic.

But... I said... It's great to be an AUBURN TIGER!!

Auburn basketball is something special

why do you insist on being a dick in every thread you post? grow up please.

Does it give anyone a warm fuzzy to know that the decsion on Lebo, and the hiring of a new coach if and when Lebo is fired, is in the hands of JJ? When will someone get the ball rolling to fire JJ?

If the report card on hiring Chizik keeps going the way it's going, which I assume it will with him having a GREAT first year, then I definitely can say let Jacobs do his job.

And trust me, I've never really been a fan of Jacobs.

Man, I've been saying that for 3 yrs now, why did we get rid of Coach Ellis. We went to the Sweet 16 then had 1 bad season the next year and he's gone. There were some rumors of NCAA investigations but those went away after he was gone. To tell you the truth I got tired about complaining about Lebo some time ago, when I figured the Univ wasn't listening. This loss really does hurt. Good players in the state already leave the state, without giving Bama and Auburn looks, but not even beating Troy hurts in many ways, recruiting, pride. Lets hope for the best that we can still salvage this season. I can't wait till Monday night to see them on TV for the first time this year.

Getting rid of Ellis was not wise. He put some good teams together. Auburn has not sniffed the tournament since.

Lebo was not playing with a full deck when he got here. But, he's been here too long to use that anymore. He is basically living on last years team catching fire in a weak conference and barely missing out on the tourney. Unless this season goes really really bad, he gets no more than one year in the new arena to produce.

Yeah, it seems that he's parlayed last year's late season "success" into two more years. What are the chances that we would make a change in the same year that we enter a new facility?

Wow, this program is pathetic.

But... I said... It's great to be an AUBURN TIGER!!

Auburn basketball is something special

More special than your weak pink boys from T-Town.

Archived