AMERICAN IDOL

The OC rocks. Love it. Great witty dialogue. I think most of the main players are good actors: Ryan, Seth, Sandy, Kirsten, Julie, Summer. The only ones who are glaringly bad to me are Marisa and Luke (and probably Hailey). Marisa (Mischa Barton) is by far the worst of the lot.

American Idol: Apparently, America is completely tone deaf. John Stevens, while a nice fellow, is out of his league. He should have been gone 2-3 weeks ago, but certainly last night. If not him, the Diana Degarmo. None of the bottom three belonged there. Jennifer sang her butt off the last two weeks and didn't deserve to go. I guess I'll be ramping up my voting for Fantasia and Latoya next week.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i didn't get to see either show this week, but my wife says that fantasia and jennifer were in the bottom 2? and latoya was the 3rd bottom one?

remember last year when ruben was in the bottom 2 one week...i think it is just to shake thigns up and make sure the 2 best oens (latoya and fantasia) actually get deep into the contest....

jennifer is better than JS, george, jasmine, and DD, imo...that's a shame.

ct

oh MD...are you watching that!

that HURT to WATCH!

and he admitted singing it to his grandmother on national TV!

he could've gone all life without admitting that!

none have done great yet, but JS just flat out hurt.

onions & chocolate ice cream...indeed!

ct

I ma not into Latin Pop, I am not into pop at all so it will take a lot to impress me tonight. But, man, you are right. That hurt! :thumbsdown:

i guess diana and jasmine did the best tonite.

i missed fantasia, but my wife said she did 'so-so'.

i was in high point this past weekend...therefore, i must pull for 'tasia B)

i guess diana and jasmine did the best tonite.

i missed fantasia, but my wife said she did 'so-so'.

i was in high point this past weekend...therefore, i must pull for 'tasia B)

Jasmine started off great but once her voice cracked on that one note in the middle she went down hill after that.

Fantasia did so-so, I agree. It wasn't bad by any means but did not wow me at all. I have admitted before that I am not a big Fantasia fan but my wife is and she agreed with your wife.

Latoya and George were good but not great.

John Stevens, as stated before was just plain pitiful!

i'm watching tasia right now...it is by far her worse performance.

and what was w/ the start... "this is for jennifer...we miss you" or whatever.

puhleeze.

"we love you jennifer" during the middle?

that seems to be playing to jennifer's fans.

her dancing was pretty good, though, i guess.

my wife is voting for fantasia...

I ranked them as follows:

1. (tie) LaToya & Diana

3. Fantasia (not her style, but nothing glaringly bad. Just didn't sell the Latin flavor)

4. George (never found the rhythm)

5. Jasmine (cracked once, then it was all down hill)

6. John (my beagle howls a song better)

Which one is the red haired guy, and is he gone yet?

Which one is the red haired guy, and is he gone yet?

John Stevens. Good kid, bad pop-singer. Unfortuantely, still around.

I ranked them as follows:

1. (tie) LaToya & Diana

3. Fantasia (not her style, but nothing glaringly bad. Just didn't sell the Latin flavor)

4. George (never found the rhythm)

5. Jasmine (cracked once, then it was all down hill)

6. John (my beagle howls a song better)

I agree with you for the most part. Jasmine, had she performed the whole song like she did the 1st half, she would probably have been tied with Latoya. I think Diana was just a bit better than Latoya tonight.

I have a feeling John Stevens is gone tonight...

I think last week hurt Fantasia, and maybe changed her attitude at the same time. I have never liked her because of her attitude...

I don't think Latiin Pop was a good genre of music for this group to sing, thats why everyone seemed to do ok or so-so...

Diana did knock it out of the park though!!!

earlier in in the show...when the 12 finalists were already chosen, they kept saying that this bunch is the most talented group of finalists they had had, but i'm beginning to question that.

this is 2 shows where none has done great.

given the right music to sing, 2 or 3 can perform real well, but there are some croakers in that bunch as well.

ct

I ask my fiance every week how John Stevens has lasted so long....

But Simon said it best to John last night...

Simon asked John how old he was, and he said 16. Simon then went on to say that to be 16 years old, he has taken every bullet shot at him like a man...

He really has. John Stevens, to be 16, has kept his head high the entire competition, despite getting all the negative feedback from the judges...

I wonder whats on the slate for next week?

FINALLY, the right person went home. JS is a good kid, good crooner, mature 16 year old. But he couldn't hold a candle to those left and those who left before him.

I was surprised that George was in the bottom 2. I felt Jasmine belonged in the bottom 3.

NEW YORK  — Singing legend Elton John (search) this week joined the chorus of voices decrying “American Idol” as racist.

John criticized the talent show’s voting process, carried out not by the trio of on-air judges but by the American viewing public.

“The three people I was really impressed with — and they just happened to be black, young female singers — all seem to be landing in the bottom three,” the British singer said Tuesday during a promotional appearance for his concert at New York’s Radio City Music Hall (search).

John's songs were featured in a recent episode, where he appeared as a guest judge.

“They have great voices. The fact that they’re constantly in the bottom three — and I don’t want to set myself up here — but I find it incredibly racist.”

LINK TO WHOLE ARTICLE

Give Me a FRIGGIN' BREAK! :roll:

Simon speaks out against that notion on Fox 6 News tonight.

i was wishing it wasn't john that went out last night, primarily because it meant he had to sing that awful song awfully again as his farewell ballad. HUGE downside to voting him off last night.

yet, i agree that it was past his "time", i think. but, i admit to having wanted him to stay.

28 million votes cast last night, across 6 people.

4 million went to JS, leaving 24 million across 5 people, or a little less than 5 million per, on average....

even if every other person had 4.1 million (give/take), that means no one got over 8 million of the votes, and even that figure is highly unlikely. in other words, very tight voting.

as far as elton john goes, why would the voters all of a sudden turn 'racist'...given that 2 of the top 3 last year were minorities, and a minority won it. if you count geeky-nerd as a minority, all of the top 3 were minorities.

could it be that America just didn't like jennifer's attitude at the beginning of the show...her somewhat quirky personality? could it be that her "fanbase" slipped that night?

as far as jasmine and diana goes, i think they are both getting STRONGER as the competition goes...look for simon to say as much next week.

too bad 1 of the remaining 2 guys went home last night, in general. and i hate to see anyone else leave! but alas, the show is designed that way.

*sigh*

ct

Woo hoo! John's gone! John's gone!

Dang, I thought we were never going to be rid of off-key singing. The poor guy has zero personality and can only do one style well...Sinatra era crooning. That just isn't enough to be seriously considered in this competition.

Woo hoo! John's gone! John's gone!

Dang, I thought we were never going to be rid of off-key singing. The poor guy has zero personality and can only do one style well...Sinatra era crooning. That just isn't enough to be seriously considered in this competition.

I have zero time for much these days, but I make time for American Idol. I have thought John the redhead should never have made top twelve to begin with - he should have his own Sinatra impersonation show in Vegas but AI? No friggin way!! He stinks! I was THRILLED to see him kicked off this week. He hung out with his grandparents WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY too much! :D

My favorite is George Huff - he's from New Orleans (as close to AL as we can get) and he is always so happy and smiling and excited - and his voice rocks.

Fantasia is just trashy looking - she has a good voice but she is not any different to me than any other singers of her genre out there. I will, however, say that I LOVED her "Summertime" performance on "Movie Theme Song" night.

I think LaToya should win it - she has an incredible voice, she is classy and sophisticated and while she is also not much different than anyone else out there either, she is better than Fantasia.

The other little girls are just that - too little/too young. Lots of room for maturing before they go any farther.

Jennifer did have that "I'm a diva so kiss my butt" attitude but she was better than John the red head - he should have gone before her.

And what is with "let's put a freaky punky obnoxious haired chick through every year!" They had a pink haired chick LAST year!!

SO I hope for George and Latoya to make it to the finals.

Personally, Matt Rogers was my initial favorite - I LOVED his big old teddy bear football player self!!

George had rocked up until the last two weeks. But he was just ok on Manilow night and kinda bad on Estefan night. I really like the guy too but he'd better return to form soon or he's going to be gone.

george has never floated my boat...neither did the football player, but my wife liked the football player from day 1.

i'm pulling for tasia or latoya...or diana or jasmine...i guess george would be ok by me, too.... ;)

ct

Archived