AMERICAN IDOL

ok...i admit it...i am a faithful AI fan...

i was pulling for clay last year.

this year, of the final 8, who's your favorite:

fantasia

jasmine

diane

jennifer

latoya

george

john s. (the red head)

john peter (jpl)

i just got finished watching tonite's show...collectively, the best performance overall... much better than a couple of weeks ago.

who was the jerk guest judge?

ct

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

George, LaToya, and Jasmine are my favorites in no particular order. I was really pulling for Amy Adams, but she got the boot early. John Stevens has got to go! He has a great voice as a crooner, but he is no pop-idol. Diana DeGarmo is pretty good. She has some pipes on her. I can't stand watching or listening to Jennifer. Fantasia has a unique voice. I just don't like her style of singing. She is extremely talented though.

The guest judge? You're kidding, right?

Quinton Tarrentino!

I listened to it tonight, didn't get to watch much. I was busy.

which one was amy, the dyed red head? if so, i liked her, too...she has a better voice than a few of the ones left.

how come you like all the ones that can't sing?? ;)

i'm pulling for tasia...she's from right down the road from here.

i also like jpl...always have.

i predict jasmine will be gone tomorrow night...she seems like a sweet gal...

Yeah, Amy had the hair. She is much better than some that are still around.

JPL is funny but he can't hold up to Fantasia, LaToya, and most that are left. You can't help but like him, though.

Jasmine is sweet and she has a good voice, imo. I know she won't win.

I like George. He's not a pop-star, but dude can sing! He couldn't dance if his life depended on it, but he can sing.

I think LaToya has a great voice. She's gorgeous, too. It may come down to her and Fantasia. My wife has said all along that Fantasia will win. That's probably the truth.

Jennifer has a church choir voice, and she needs to stick to that. I don't like her attitude either.

Camile deserved to go. She was cute, but that was all she had really going for her.

Matt was a good karaoke singer.

Leah (the first to go) needs to mature a little more.

There were some people, imo, that didn't make it through auditions that should have. Don;t remember any names, I just remember thinking, "how did they not make it?"

I like George Huff. I think Fantasia can sing but I don't like her attitude. I never have liked Jennifer Hudson, but she has impressed me the last two weeks.

JPL is good, he just has a different type of voice...Boy he rocked the house last night though.

I think John Stevens will be the next to get the axe.

Latoya can definately sing, hell, all of them can sing!

I love AI, me and my fiance never miss an episode...

i agree w/ most all you guys say...except for george...he's never floated my boat.

the hawaiian gal (not jasmine) needed to go before amy. amy can actually sing and has a great infectious personality!

jpl...i've always liked him because he's goofy and occasionally sings ok, too.

john s...well, what can you say -- he's a 16 year old nerd introvert that has suddenly had all this attention pointed his way. if he can stick around a week or 2 more, i think his personality will blossom and he'll be more comfortable...sort of happened last year w/ clay, imo.

jennifer -- never have liked her, either. but she's brought it these past 2 weeks.

tasia! she's the bomb! it'll be between her and latoya. sass vs. class, IMO. i think latoya is full of class and dignity/style.

and, since i'm a amateur conspiracy theorist, i think it's "time" for either a black female or a white male to win it, and since neither of the white males have the umpth to do it, i think it may possibly come down to the three black ladies...that'd be pretty awesome, since i think they have the most talent of the ones left.

here's my prediction from here on out:

we lose jasmine tonite

we lose diana next

we lose george next...

we lose john stevens next

we lose jennifer next

we lose jpl next

the final will be between latoya and fantasia...with tasia winning it all.

anyone else have an order of finish?

ct

I say that John Stevens is gone tonight.

Next week will be Diana.

Then Jasmine.

Then JPL.

Then Jennifer.

Then Latoya.

It will come down to George and Fantasia, IMO.

I hope George wins, but its hard to say.

You really can't ever tell who is leaving, because America controls the votes, not the judges.

poor John Stevens there just isnt anyhope for him.............man when they did the group thing and he had his shirt off...... :no::puke:

well, jpl is gone... woods called it.

i'm somewhat surprised by that.

and once again, the ousted singer sounded better in their farewell song than they did during the contest... *sigh*

i liked jpl.

ct

wait a minute, woods didn't call jpl, he called john stevens.

<_<

i still think amy the dyed red head is better than 2-3 of the ones that are left.

go tasia!

ct

Amy was ROBBED, I tell you.

JPL needed to go along with John Stevens. Diana, John Stevens and Jasmine will make up the final three next week. It's a toss up at who's going home until we see them sing again. I think it should be John, though.

LaToya and Fantasia will be in the ultimate final three, along with George probably.

well, i'm now inclined to believe you about george making it to the top 3 overall...i had sort of thought jpl would make it, just on 'appeal' alone, sort of like the marine josh did last year (making it to the final 4). but now that he's gone, i guess george will be the guy that makes it farthest. i think jennifer > george, however, but it doesn't appear she has the voters george does.

if you visit the AI forum boards, you'll see a lot of people are against fantasia, however... (not that i visit those boards :rolleyes: )

i'm not as enthralled with any one contestant this year as i was last year (clay). i really don't care who wins... the shark has been jumped.

Who do the people on the boards seem to like, CT?

Yeah, I am getting a bit weary as well. With all the dang commercials, it just gets ridiculous. They may have indeed jumped the shark.

The first AI I started watching it late, but quickly thought Kelly was the one. Tamyra was robbed BIG-TIME. The second there was not doubt, RUBEN ALL THE WAY. This time, I don't have that one person that I "really" want to win. If I had to pick, it would be LaToya, although I think Fantasia is very talented.

I visited the boards myself...but only to give the JPL voters hell for making him last so long. I was amazed that they actually thought he was a great (not good, not average...AMAZINGLY GREAT) singer. I thought maybe I needed to clear out some ear wax because while you can certainly allow for different tastes in singing voices, you can't allow for people thinking off-pitch and flat is good singing. :P

I really thought is was just a bunch of giggly little girls voting for him over and over, but apparently there's a market out there for bad singing and goofy dancing.

I really thought is was just a bunch of giggly little girls voting for him over and over, but apparently there's a market out there for bad singing and goofy dancing.

Hello Mr. Hung! :puke:

Did anyone notice that Camille always sang very soft?

You could barely hear her when she sang...was it me or did anyone else notice this? I think she lasted way too long!

I watch it every Wed and Thur. I am glad that JPL got the boot. I just never liked him. I hope that the red head goes next week. I am no singer and would never put my self in that situation. I have never liked Fantasia's attitude either. I voted for Ruben last year he was from the same town and plus he can sing. Clay bothered me with those looks he would give while he was singing. Simon even told him to quit winking. I really liked how Quinton the guest judge was honest about what he thought. Usually the guest judges sugar caot what they are feeling.

Did anyone notice that Camille always sang very soft?

You could barely hear her when she sang...was it me or did anyone else notice this? I think she lasted way too long!

First of all, The Fox production crew needs to tweak their volume a bit. The singers always sound better/worse on the recap at the end of the show because it has been edited and balanced. If someone has a softer voice then say Jennifer or Fantasia, it is often hard to hear all of their notes during their actual performance.

Now, Camile tried to sing way below her range multiple times. That's her problem. She has a cool, bluesy, almost Lauren Hill type voice (again, almost LH type). But she can't sing pop enough to be AI.

Her looks kept her there longer than her talent.

The acting is horrible

The plot lines are too quick...next season will soon be about their kids for crying out loud

Story lines are exaggerated too....

But I love it

OMG!!!!! Can you believe the bottom three last night? How does that red haired boy keep getting by? I think I can sing just as good as him, and would not dare try. Do you think voters are going against the judges? It seems to me that this season is a joke, Jennifer should not have gone home. I really don;t think I'l continue watching.:unsure:

As for the O.C. I do watch it.

Archived