AMERICAN IDOL

I am still going with George!!!

I think these past two weeks will wake him up....and he will return to form.

I like Latoya too! I hope it comes down to George and Latoya...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey all....who's watching it tonite.

thus far, diana rocked...

george sounded great (and i don't like george),

latoya stunk, but the judges all loved it...

jasmine did great on the 1st song, stank on the 2nd one...

naturally, the judges don't agree w/ me!

they didn't like george...did like latoya...and they all liked jasmine well enough...

simon has pegged her as the one to leave this week.... *sigh*

i like jasmien.

WHAAAAT?!? You think Latoya stunk? Man...where were you? :lol:

George was good. I wasn't blown away.

Diana did a really good job.

I think Latoya rocked!

I agree with you on Jasmine. She knocked the first one out and about 2/3 of the way through the second one just lost it and crashed.

I'l be back in a minute with my prediction for the bottom three.

My bottom three for Wednesday night will be:

Diana, George, Jasmine with Diana being safe and it coming down to George and Jasmine. Jasmine goes home.

BTW, Fantasia did well. I don't think she did as well as LaToya.

i was NOT impressed with latoya...

tasia was incredible...

but i think the judges pretty much set up who they thought deserved to make it...

that's disappointing when they do that kind of stuff.

THAT STINKS! George performed better than Jasmine. I like Jasmine, but she can't sing a complete song without hitting a sour note near the end!

Oh, well...

i agree, md...about jasmine. but those 2 were the bottom 2, and the fact that one goes tonite and the other goes next week is not a big deal.

last year, there were 3 guys & 1 gal in the final 4...tonite makes it four females...

*sigh*

this year's finals had weak guys in it...and only 4 of them to start w/.

donna summers next week...hmmm.

ct

OOOOOOOOOOOOH How did Jasmine not go........She sucked last night. She didnt even remember her lyrics last night and on the first song i had to turn it it was so awful......WOW

HOLY CRAP!! :o

Perfect case of people thinking their favorite was safe so they didn't bother to vote!

Same thing happened to Tamyra Grey (sp) in the first season.

One of the two standing on stage is about to get robbed...probably by her own fans!

It's sad...:headshake:

I like Diana, but LaToya was by far my favorite. She was clearly the favorite. I think the system totally F'd up once again. I am gonna quit watchin this crap.

i was disappointed, but not surprised by last night's show. i think you can chalk that up to three singers (di, tasia & latoya) splitting up the votes between those voting based on talent and one singer (jazzy) getting votes from her loyal home staters as well as sympathy votes. she clearly is the least talented of the remaining.

if tasia gets bumped off next week, AI will implode.

ct

I cannot believe what I watched last night. I am still having to pinch myself to make sure it was not a nightmare!!!

Latoya was my favorite after George left and Diana was my second favorite. I cannot believe Latoya is gone.

Did anyone watch the clips video of Latoya after she got voted off and Elton John said "I would give Latoya a recording contract right now!" Well I have a good feeling she will be set for life after her time on AI! I am sure that she will get a contract!

Paula Abdul showed alot of emotions last night too...

That does it. I no longer care about this show. Just one more validation for me listening to classic rock. Obviously people (meaning text messaging teeneybopper bimbos) who listen to current music have zero ear for talent. Sending Latoya home, having Fantasia in the bottom and leaving Jasmine and Diana safe is just messed up.

At this point I could really care less who wins, because unless it's Fantasia, it will be a waste of a recording contract. I'll be Simon is pooping bricks thinking about having to promote a sucky CD by Jasmine or Diana. So someone let me know who wins in a week or so - I got better things to do, like sleep. :rolleyes:

Here's the thing: Simon keeps making this stuff happen by being an over-the-top boob when critiquing people. It's one thing to say,"That was a really bad performance. Terrible." or "That just wasn't good enough." But when he says things like, "You'd better hope the entire state of Hawaii calls tonight" or "If you win this competition we'll have the shut this show down" or "It would be a travesty for you to go any further"...those kinds of statements energize that person's fan base. So they start calling like gangbusters because Simon did more than give a bad review, he pissed them off.

That and the fact that I think people get complacent when someone is so consistent like LaToya, they don't vote because they think she's a shoe-in.

:huh: I can't believe what I saw!!!!!!! This is just like the first season when Tymaira got booted. I think Latoya will have a record deal in no time. Now my fav. is Dianna, I have never really liked Fantasia, I don't know what it is I just don't like her. ANd did you see Jasmine's face she was as shocked as everyone else. Maybe everyone should cry like she did, people felt sorry for her.

And as far as Clay goes :chair: , he looks so funny when he sings.

It would be so refreshing one of these times for a person who knows in their heart that they no longer deserve to be there to step forward and say, "No, this isn't right. I'm not nearly as good as the person about to leave this show tonight. I want to trade places. Keep them on and I'm going home."

Meanwhile, I think I just saw a pig fly by my 4th story window.

So everyone, after watching the show last night, where each contestant had to sing three songs and not all of them they chose...How does everyone feel about who is going to win?

My thoughts:

First of all, I hope that Jasmine gets the boot today! I hated to see LaToya go last week, but she will definately have a prominent career.

I think it is going to come down to a very close race between Fantasia and Diana....Hopefully! I kind of see Diana pulling it out. She seems to have more fans cheering for her, you don't hear as much about Tasia as you do Diana...

Anyone?

well, after tonite's show (tuesday's finale show), i gotta say i think diana outsung fantasia tonite...i'm voting for her.

my wife, however, is voting for tasia.

i'm totally unsure who will win.

hate that the judges all 3 went so blatantly for fantasia... if diana isn't old enough to sing songs, she shouldn't be allowed to compete....reeks of "we'll let you play, but don't even begin to believe you're going to win".

ct

well, after tonite's show (tuesday's finale show), i gotta say i think diana outsung fantasia tonite...i'm voting for her.

hate that the judges all 3 went so blatantly for fantasia... if diana isn't old enough to sing songs, she shouldn't be allowed to compete....reeks of "we'll let you play, but don't even begin to believe you're going to win".

ct

WHAT THE? You must be kidding! Diana yelled the first song, did well on the second, and was off pitch in at least 3 spots on the third. Fantasia didn't do well on the first (no bad notes, just no melody, too many runs), she nailed "Summertime", and really bested Diana on the Tamyra song...not even close.

I voted several times for Fantasia. I just don't see how anyone could say it was even close.

ct

WHAT THE? You must be kidding! Diana yelled the first song, did well on the second, and was off pitch in at least 3 spots on the third. Fantasia didn't do well on the first (no bad notes, just no melody, too many runs), she nailed "Summertime", and really bested Diana on the Tamyra song...not even close.

I voted several times for Fantasia. I just don't see how anyone could say it was even close.

as far as the voting went, neither of us got through, to my knowledge.... so much for more lines and more time.

OH YEAH?!

well, i totally missed diana's 1st performance...walked in when the judges were talking about it...that's the one she sung w/ the choir, right? but the judges seemed to be big on it, no?

as far as the other 5 performance i saw, i think diana did just fine -- as she's done the past month+. i wasn't that big on tasia's 'summertime' this time around...seems she was trying too hard.... and her 1st 2 songs were waaaaaaaaaay too much "yeah yeah, ooo ooohh" which doesn't do anything at all for me, regardless of who's ooohing.

di's 3rd song was a tad shaky indeed, but i also firmly believe she could've come out singing like barbra streisand and bette midler all rolled up in 1 and the judges wouldn't have liked it simply because they want tasia to win. simon's "you're too young to sing that song" routine was somewhat novel the 1st 4 times he said it, but after the 8th time it starts to smell tired.

AND, i was actually a fantasia fan from the beginning...and about 3-4 weeks ago, i started to be a 'both tasia and di' fan, and now, i'm actually pulling for diana...but will be totally 'ok' w/ tasia...

i'm not NEARLY as emotionally invested this year as i was last year ... i got hit by Claymania bigtime! :roll:

I love Diana. I think she did awesome. I agreed with Simon Totally that Fantasia had a horrible 1st performance. I saw Diana's bobbling in her 3rd song, but I duno - the 2 are totally different. I liked LaToya the most, so whoever wins is 2nd best in my opinion.

I don't like Fantasia and her "YEA YEA YEA YEA!!! YEA!" Stuff... everyone needs something to distinguish themselves, but I think she does it a little too much. She is good, she is great... but I like Diana more - I think she has more potential and can hold high notes and really kicks butt

You guys are nuts. Diana stunk it up last night - she yelled "All By Myself" and the choir song was NOT her genre. The other song was HORRIBLE - she was never on key at all. She reminds me of an act at Six Flags or Disney - WAY perky and very cabaret.

And I am not a Fantasia fan by ANY means, but when she sang Summertime in the competition, it ROCKED - I did not see it last night, but I am sure it was still good. Her first song blew big time, but that Tamayra song brought tears to my eyes. SHE NAILED IT. She sings in her church, so I am sure she is used to singing with a choral backup like that.

SO I think Fantasia should win it all - plus, I guess I have to also go with the human interest story here - single mom, no money, no education but the school of hard knocks, and here's her chance of a lifetime. Good for her. She deserves it.

I like Diana. Don't get me wrong. She really brought her "A-game" the previous three weeks and deserved to be there in the finals (you could argue for LaToya though and I wouldn't complain). But I don't know what the judges were hearing on the first song. It had no feeling. All bombast. And while I understand not liking the "yeah, yeah" endings Fantasia is so fond of, that doesn't change the fact that she just tore the last two numbers up, especially the choir number that Tamyra wrote.

Diana deserves a shot at something, but her voice does need some maturing and she needs to learn to match the emotion and intent of the song and lyric with her voice. It's not just about power and hitting the big notes. I think that's where some of Simon's comments about her age come in. It's not that she's 16...it's that the way she sings those songs broadcasts that she's 16. People who understand the emotion that a song means to capture don't deliver every song like a Broadway production number or a pageant talent performance. She lacks nuance in her delivery.

Archived