Nutt

subterranean_jack

Ole Miss appears to be in eminent decline under Houston Nutt. I'm surprised there hasn't been more speculation that he might be fired at the end of this season.

I can't see how Ole Miss would give him more than 1 more year, and I can't see how they will be any better next year.

Thoughts?

I don't think it is unreasonable that he get another year. They were 3-9 in 2007, then when he got there they went 9-4 in 2008 and 2009, with two Cotton Bowl victories over ranked Big 12 teams, one of them that only had lost one game (Texas Tech) to Oklahoma (who ended up playing for the National Championship). He's had one bad year so far, no reason to fire him on a whim like that, in my opinion.

Actually in 2009 he had all the pieces to contend for the west title and they ended up a 4 loss team. They had nothing after mccluster and snead left. Everybody knew ole miss would struggle this year. He likely only has one year left there.

Nutt is following his pattern that he had at Arkansas, first two years are good because of other coaches players and then when his guys come in the program slips. I am ready for Nutt to be gone from this conference.

Archived