The 7 Habits of Highly Eff. People

DKW 86

Read and been to a seminar on it a few years ago. Don't use anything from it now. As acclaimed as it is supposed to be, it was a waste of time for me. Covey actually spoke at the seminar I went too. He came across as wanting to sell more of his books which makes me think that is all he is about now.

I have to be the most eff. person ever, I can actually get 2 alcoholically challenged bammers to show up and work on a daily basis. After noon it does get tricky keeping them from popping a top or 12. cleaning up their beer cans, that's another story.

Read and been to a seminar on it a few years ago. Don't use anything from it now. As acclaimed as it is supposed to be, it was a waste of time for me. Covey actually spoke at the seminar I went too. He came across as wanting to sell more of his books which makes me think that is all he is about now.

Couldn't he have created a good product AND want to sell it?

Can someone post the reasons here??? Or pm me???

I consider myself the most eff. person I know. I'd like to know if I have those 7 habits.

1. Drink Heavily

2. Be Promiscuous

3. Yell Excessively

4. Watch TV Regularly

5. Emulate All Habits of Wally

6. Mock Your Boss at All Times

7. Call in Sick Regularly

;)

Read and been to a seminar on it a few years ago. Don't use anything from it now. As acclaimed as it is supposed to be, it was a waste of time for me.  Covey actually spoke at the seminar I went too. He came across as wanting to sell more of his books which makes me think that is all he is about now.

Couldn't he have created a good product AND want to sell it?

That's just it TA. His seminars are supposed to be him covering what is in the book. They tell you to read the book before going to the seminar. However, it turns into him hawking his other books and not really answering the questions that those in the audience ask him about his original book. He then refers to one of his other books and pumps you to buy it and read it. I know several companies that used to send their employees to his seminars, but they now have stopped that because they are a waste of time. To me, he is just like all the other guys trying to sell their stuff, but are full of themselves. They are effective, because they fill us full of bs to buy more of their stuff. If you want to read a good book about management and success without all the hot air, read Joe Gibbs "Racing to Win". That book had more of an impact on me then any book other then the Bible. It covers success, work, religion, and family in a way that I have not seen any other biographer do it.

I consider myself the most eff. person I know. I'd like to know if I have those 7 habits.

1. Drink Heavily

2. Be Promiscuous

3. Yell Excessively

4. Watch TV Regularly

;)

I hope procrastinate and master the blame game are in there too! :lol:

1. Drink Heavily

2. Be Promiscuous

3. Yell Excessively

4. Watch TV Regularly

;)

I hope procrastinate and master the blame game are in there too! :lol:

Refer to #5. I felt that covered anything I could possibly miss. :D

I was really interested if anyone picked up on the The Proactive First Habit and Politics. I swear I have heard that same thinking a hundred times as people compare the Left and Right.

The Right would be Pro-Active, taking responsibility for your life and happiness. Reactive would be the Left and their blame someone else for your problems mentality.

I am not saying dont give someone a handup, we all could use that from time to time. I am saying that to live your life blaming your past for your problems is just silly and a waste of a life.

I was really interested if anylone picked up on the The Proactive First Habit and Politics. I swear I have heard that same thinking a hundred times as peiople compare the Left and Right.

The Right would be Pro-Active, taking responsibility for your life and happiness. Reactive would be the Left and their blame someone else for your problems mentality.

I am not saying dont give someone a handup, we all could use that from time to time. I am saying that to live your life blaming your past for your problems is just silly and a waste of a life.

Exactly. Instead of whining about your mistakes and blaming them for your problems, you need to learn from them, correct it, and move on. Too many people keep making the same mistake over and over. They don't try to break the cycle. It is like they are actually happy being miserable.

Archived