Just got screwed

hqsi99

Just found out from the travel agency that I booked my trip through that they will not be able to get the tickets that we were promised. I can still go on the trip and get refunded the portion of the package price that was for the tickets, but won't have a ticket.

Anyone have any ideas? Is there any way to get a ticket now?

buy one on the street.......

The way tickets are going, is there any realistic chance that this is an option?

yes, this is a bubble market in my humble opinion. I may be screwed as well but I'm spending Saturday and Sunday in Las Vegas.

I'm heading to Vegas as well. I had a ticket that I purchased for $1,000 but then sold it to a cool dad who bought it for his daughter who is in the military and is heading to Qatar a couple of days after the game. Who all is planning their trip through Vegas? They have four charter buses heading down to Glendale.

Same thing happened to me tonight. I am leaning toward going anyway but I am concerned I will not be able to find a place to watch the game.

Don't worry about finding a place to watch the game. Buy a parking pass (Blue Lot) if you can and just park your car. The Westgate Center by the stadium is full of restaurants and bars (and TVs). Got word from family that there are, despite reports to the contrary, going to be tickets available for purchase from scalpers at the game.

Just found out from the travel agency that I booked my trip through that they will not be able to get the tickets that we were promised. I can still go on the trip and get refunded the portion of the package price that was for the tickets, but won't have a ticket.

They should refund all your money and let you come for free. I would be a bitter person to these people all weekend if they did this to me.

Don't worry about finding a place to watch the game. Buy a parking pass (Blue Lot) if you can and just park your car. The Westgate Center by the stadium is full of restaurants and bars (and TVs). Got word from family that there are, despite reports to the contrary, going to be tickets available for purchase from scalpers at the game.

I don't know if I'm willing to go out there without a ticket. I've got a two year old and an amazing wife who was happy to let me go, but leaving them for the mere hope of getting a ticket is not worth it.

They should refund all your money and let you come for free. I would be a bitter person to these people all weekend if they did this to me.

I'm pretty ticked at the moment and they are giving a full refund. But I'd rather have the trip that I paid for than the money back.

I don't know if I'm willing to go out there without a ticket. I've got a two year old and an amazing wife who was happy to let me go, but leaving them for the mere hope of getting a ticket is not worth it.

Were you booked through All Seasons Travel?

I'm heading to Vegas as well. I had a ticket that I purchased for $1,000 but then sold it to a cool dad who bought it for his daughter who is in the military and is heading to Qatar a couple of days after the game. Who all is planning their trip through Vegas? They have four charter buses heading down to Glendale.

My wife and I are flying out of Nashville early Sat to Vegas for a couple nights and then catching the 8am flight from Vegas to PHX. When we booked Vegas to PHX flight it was cheaper than renting a car or the charter bus thing that some are doing plus its gets to Glendale alot quicker, lol.

Nope. Cape Travel. Sounds like multiple travel agencies found out at the same time.

Nope. Cape Travel. Sounds like multiple travel agencies found out at the same time.

All Seasons is actually offering a refund plus a little extra. I am sure they are doing this so that people will cancel and they will have tickets for those you don't. It is a same day travel package. I am going to sleep on it and decide in the morning. I am leaning toward taking the trip and hoping that the travel agent will come through with the tickets. I would go for sure if I knew for certain I could find a place to watch the game.

Primary purpose of the BCS bowls seems to be rewarding season ticket holders for the NFL Dolphins, Saints, and Cardinals who have first shot and buying the tickets and last but not least the ticket brokers scalpers. Not sure what the Rose bowl does as there are no NFL season ticket holders there.

These BCS bowls should all be played on neutral college campus stadiums with each school playing getting at least 40% of the tickets. The Sugar bowl use to be played in Tulane stadium before the Super Dome came to be.

Ticket brokers are worse than lawyers.

Agree. I wish the schools got more tickets and nobody had to deal with them. Giving the $$$ it takes to get tickets through Auburn is not a bad thing. Number one AU gets the loot. Number two you do not have to deal with ticket brokers.

Primary purpose of the BCS bowls seems to be rewarding season ticket holders for the NFL Dolphins, Saints, and Cardinals who have first shot and buying the tickets and last but not least the ticket brokers scalpers. Not sure what the Rose bowl does as there are no NFL season ticket holders there.

These BCS bowls should all be played on neutral college campus stadiums with each school playing getting at least 40% of the tickets. The Sugar bowl use to be played in Tulane stadium before the Super Dome came to be.

TOTALLY AGREE. I mean please somebody EXPLAIN to me how there is not ANGER directed at the BCS and this system. THEY are the CAUSE for this TICKET BS. If you cant get tickets to this game Its John Junker and Bill Hancock's fault. Auburn getting only 17k in tickets is BULLCRAP.

The NCAA needs to run it NOT bowl games. Cut out the middle man.

For the record AU wins this thing it will be the LAST bowl game I attend.

StubHub has suspended sales of BCS game tickets:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5996930

At least one of their sellers has oversold inventory. They are offering to buy back tickets for 3x what was paid for them to try to get enough takers to fulfill demand.

They emailed me offering a full refund + $2500 per ticket if I would sell back to them.

StubHub has suspended sales of BCS game tickets:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5996930

At least one of their sellers has oversold inventory. They are offering to buy back tickets for 3x what was paid for them to try to get enough takers to fulfill demand.

They emailed me offering a full refund + $2500 per ticket if I would sell back to them.

Tempted at all?

Archived