Oregon New BBALL Arena

eibua12

237 million sometimes money and brains don't mix, check out the article on the ribbon board fail and the headaches and such

Link

Better view of Floor

The Arena

I think it is named in horor of his son. I still like Auburn's better and we saved 137 million this is also a community arena for Eugene and will generate revenue.

I think the court looks pretty unique/cool. Should just be some "minor" changes that Nike won't mind ponying up the dough to fix.

I think the court is very 'interesting' and very unique. However I don't know how much would that be a problem for visiting athletes. Home team will get used to the multi-tone floor pretty soon.

The ribbon display, on the other hand, is pretty bad. That can be fixed with a tinted plexiglass in front of it, but that would only make it less hurtful to the retina. It's a bad design and a huge distraction from the game even if it's dimmed.

I think the court looks pretty unique/cool. Should just be some "minor" changes that Nike won't mind ponying up the dough to fix.

I think the court is very 'interesting' and very unique. However I don't know how much would that be a problem for visiting athletes. Home team will get used to the multi-tone floor pretty soon.

The ribbon display, on the other hand, is pretty bad. That can be fixed with a tinted plexiglass in front of it, but that would only make it less hurtful to the retina. It's a bad design and a huge distraction from the game even if it's dimmed.

Good lord, IMO that is the ugliest court I have ever seen.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the floor too. Epic fail not checking the view from TV cameras. I'm interested to see what the solution is.

Archived