Arkansas hires Mike Anderson

Auburnfan91

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6249515

Updated: March 23, 2011, 11:47 PM ET: Arkansas names Mike Anderson coach

Arkansas Hires Mike Anderson

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Mike Anderson is returning to Arkansas to become the Razorbacks' basketball coach.

The school confirmed the move on Wednesday night.

Anderson leaves Missouri after five seasons to return to the school where he was an assistant to Nolan Richardson for 17 seasons. He replaces John Pelphrey, who was fired on March 13.

"Under Mike's leadership, I am confident the Razorbacks will be successful in the future on and off the court," Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long said in a statement. "The decision to hire Mike Anderson as head coach is based on my firm belief that he is the right person to lead the Razorback program today and in the years to come."

Click the link to get the rest of the story.....

I'm a little surprised they were able to get him. I'd imagine Arkansas had to offer more money for him to leave Missouri. I thought he might stay at Missouri because it's a better job than Arkansas atm.

He was under performing at Mizzu imho and they wanted him badly at Arkansas so we shall see what happens.

I can't say I'm excited about having to play a Mike Anderson team twice a year. I think he's a very good coach and probably a really good fit in Fayettenam.

Archived