Shane Callahan chooses AU!

RunInRed

UPDATED (5/28/11) - Jeffrey Lee of AuburnSports.com is reporting...

1098830.jpg

Rivals250 OL Shane Callahan has committed to Auburn.

@AuburnRivals

Welcome to the AUFAMILY Shane Callahan and War Eagle!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OL prospect, Big Cat III visitor. Grimes is really pushing our reach out West...

SHANE-CALLAHAN-150.GIF

Shane Callahan, OT

Parker, CO

6'6 / 275 / 5.2

Offers:

Arizona, Auburn, Colorado, Michigan, Utah, Vanderbilt and Washington, among others.

247Sports 3*

Rivals 4* (Rivals250)

Scout 4* (Top 250 -- 176)

A right tackle as a junior for his Chaparral team, Callahan has an excellent frame. He has strong hands and can manhandle a smaller defensive lineman once he's made initial contact. He has good quickness, but needs to improve on his drop step and lateral movement to maximize his ability to pass protect. Quick enough to pull and/or get to the second level without much trouble - Scott Kennedy, Scout.com.

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=4838634

Highlights:

OT Shane Callahan commits to Auburn. "We're going to win another national championship. We're set on that."

@HABOTN

I love the attitude of the kids we are bringing in this year. #1 recruiting class, titles, etc.

MUGcallahan-245x300.jpg

• Why Auburn? “You’re not always going to have football. This is a place where I’d want to be even if there wasn’t football.”

• He said he won’t get homesick because his parents are expecting to buy a house in the area. The Callahans will spent at least a portion of the year here.

More BCW III updates from JGT: http://madvertiserblogs.com/HABOTN/2011/05/28/big-cat-weekend-saturday/

Offensive lineman Shane Callahan commits to Auburn, says he wants to enroll next January.

@AUGoldMine

Offensive lineman Shane Callahan commits to Auburn

By Charles Goldberg

9642571-small.jpg

"I knew awhile back. I knew I should make the decision now. I'm ready. It's where I want to be," Callahan said Saturday after he concluded his trip.

Callahan described Auburn as "one big family."

"I'm excited to be a part of the family," he said.

Read more: http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/05/offensive_lineman_shane_callah.html

Why Auburn? “You’re not always going to have football. This is a place where I’d want to be even if there wasn’t football.

So, even he knows that Auburn is going to get SMU'd ? Is THAT what he's saying ?

:poke:

Welcome to the family Shane!

War Eagle!!!

Why Auburn? “You’re not always going to have football. This is a place where I’d want to be even if there wasn’t football.

So, even he knows that Auburn is going to get SMU'd ? Is THAT what he's saying ?

No that's not what he is saying. He's saying that even if he wasn't playing football he would want to be in Auburn.

Yep, death penalty for sure. Glad we snagged him while we still have a program. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the family SHane! I love how the recruits are ignoring the negative press, and the big time negative recruiting and seem determined to come in and make a difference! :cheer:

Fixed that for you.

Shane Callahan on his decision - “I can honestly say that I looked at a bunch of schools and this was a slam dunk. Nothing is like Auburn.”

@JNewbergESPN

We agree. WDE!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A nice read...

Chaparral's Shane Callahan latest in school's line of athletic tackles

By Ryan Casey

The Denver Post

PARKER — It is not hard to find Shane Callahan. His size (6-foot-6, near 280 pounds) tends to act as a GPS tracker on a high school campus, even if that campus holds close to 2,200 students.

Where's Shane? Find the guy who looks like a college student.

Yet, in recent years at Chaparral High School, it hasn't been uncommon to find a student resembling a bouncer roaming the halls.

Callahan, who anchors the left side of the Wolverines' offensive line at tackle, is built in the mold of Jack Harris and Brendon Austin — two tackles from Chaparral's past who now are at Colorado and Stanford, respectively.

If Harris, a 6-6, 270-pound four-star recruit in 2009, started Chaparral's tradition at tackle, and Austin, a 6-5, 265 four-star recruit last season, continued it, Callahan, a four-star recruit this cycle, is cementing it.

"We've just been blessed," Chaparral coach John Vogt said of the trio. "These kids are coming in here 6-5, 6-6."

What's more, Vogt added, is that those lengthy frames aren't accompanied by round body types: "You're going to see flat tummies," he said.

Chaparral has made a habit of producing big, athletic tackles.

"We've had some good ones here," said the Wolverines' offensive line coach, Rod Dobbs. "I think (Callahan's) right up there in that category."

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/preps/ci_18740153

Archived