Vadal Alexander update

RunInRed

Georgia’s No. 1 OL prospect, Vadal Alexander, lists leaders: Alabama, LSU and Auburn

by Michael Carvell

Vadal Alexander, who is a candidate to be Georgia’s No. 1 college football prospect on the offensive line, is favoring three SEC West schools as his leaders.

“It’s LSU, Alabama and Auburn that I like the most,” Alexander told the AJC. “I’m trying to get to know Miami and North Carolina better. But the top tier would be LSU, Alabama and Auburn because I know them better — they would be my leaders.”

The 6-foot-6, 300-pounder from Buford High School had around 25 early scholarship offers, including both Georgia Tech and UGA. Alexander hasn’t had contact with Georgia Tech in a couple of months. He is considering an unofficial visit to UGA to meet with coach Mark Richt this summer but hasn’t set a date.

“I’ve been around Georgia since I was in the ninth grade because we’ve had some Buford offensive lineman go to Georgia,” Alexander said. “I know the offensive line coach [Will Friend] well. I think Coach Richt is a great man. I always keep in communication with Georgia.

“Coach Richt wants me to come up there with my parents. I’ve been up there many times with my coaches and friends. My parents want to come up there, meet everybody and see the facility. I don’t know when, but hopefully this summer.”

Does UGA have a chance of cracking Alexander’s leaders? “I need to wait until I visit. I’m not sure yet. I’m still feeling things out. I still really like Georgia; it’s just that I love those other three schools right now.” Note: Alexander is aware of Georgia’s thinning depth on the offensive line but said it would not factor into his decision.

Vadal on his three leaders:

Alabama: “It’s great coaches, great structure and they win all the time. They have a great tradition. There are really no cons to Alabama. They’ve got a bunch of great players. I spent time with them, and the guys seem like good people.”

On Auburn: “It’s a great family atmosphere. [Offensive line coach Jeff Grimes] is a great man, a church man, a Godly man — I love that about him. And you know Auburn is going to win.”

On LSU: “I was born in Louisiana. I’ve been in Georgia since I was three, but Louisiana is like a second home. Other than that, it’s pretty much the same as with the other schools. Coach [Les Miles] is crazy but I love him. I love the way he coaches and I love the way he motivates the team. The players seem to love him for his crazy coaching. They play for him, and LSU gets players in the league.”

Alexander and Lithonia OL Joe Harris (click here) are considered among the state’s top offensive line prospects. Alexander has been on Buford’s varsity since the ninth grade, playing for three straight state championship teams (Buford has a current streak of four). Alexander said he has a 3.5 GPA and plans to major in Business.

Alexander plans to commit “sometime in the fall.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/recruiting/2011/06/29/georgia-ol-vadal-alexander-says-leaders-are-alabama-lsu-and-auburn/?cxntfid=blogs_recruiting

Vadal Alexander would be a shining piece in any team's recruiting class. By all accounts he's a fine citizen as well as a great football player.

Lets keep our fingers crossed, this guy could be a very important pickup for Auburn.

I think the OL is significant area of need for this class - he would be a huge addition and great pickup, no doubt.

• 2 months later...

He was on an official visit for the AU vs. Miss. State game...

Buford, Ga. 4-star OL Vadal Alexander left Auburn few minutes ago. Very high on the Tigers, decision after visits to 'Bama, LSU.

@JHokanson

• 4 weeks later...

So, he's gonna commit on tuesday, yet this is monday and he's going to lsu? Well, he clearly doesn't know the days of the week, so I don't want him. :lol:

Archived