Men's Basketball Projections

Clint

The regular season begins Friday! Two decent exhibition games. Good to get all these new guys some playing time. Seems as though the first four games should be Ws, but can't forget about last year. Anyways, how do you guys see this year playing out? I think we do much better than last year. 20 wins may be too high for this team, especially with the SEC play being very tough this year.

I say 15-17 wins. Maybe a little '09 magic and play well in the NIT.

I'll say we go 15-17(6-10). I think we're still one year away from going to a post-season tournament. I think it's possible we could make the NIT but we're going to have to win some games in the Hawaii tournament or the SEC tournament to have a chance at the NIT.

Wins in Hawaii are possible, being we start the tournament off against Hawaii. Xavier and the other teams will definatly be tough, but Hawaii is usually not a good team.

The regular season begins Friday! Two decent exhibition games. Good to get all these new guys some playing time. Seems as though the first four games should be Ws, but can't forget about last year. Anyways, how do you guys see this year playing out? I think we do much better than last year. 20 wins may be too high for this team, especially with the SEC play being very tough this year.

I say 15-17 wins. Maybe a little '09 magic and play well in the NIT.

I disagree with this statement. The SEC will still be one of the lower BCS conferences in basketball this year and all the "so-called power" is in the East with UK, UF and Vandy. Bama is probaly the team to beat in the West but the West is again garbage.

We are going to be one of the most improved teams in the nation this year. I'm calling 10 SEC wins right now. Frankie and Varez are going to be a top flight backcourt duo. Denson can flat out score. We can go big, small and in between when we need to. Our D was good last year and it should improve this year with Fankie playing and Kouassi and KG blocking shots and pulling down boards down low. 20 wins and a bubble team depending on how we do in Hawaii and at Seton Hall and at FSU.

We are going to be one of the most improved teams in the nation this year. I'm calling 10 SEC wins right now. Frankie and Varez are going to be a top flight backcourt duo. Denson can flat out score. We can go big, small and in between when we need to. Our D was good last year and it should improve this year with Fankie playing and Kouassi and KG blocking shots and pulling down boards down low. 20 wins and a bubble team depending on how we do in Hawaii and at Seton Hall and at FSU.

That's the AUtitude I LOVE!!

I think this team can win 20 games but for them to be a bubble team they have to win at least two games in the SEC tourney.

I am looking forward to seeing this team play. Our win total will almost entirely depend on the play of our bigs and points in the paint production. The problem most of the past 10 years or so is Auburn has not had a legitimate post player that is a threat to score every time they touch the ball close in. If the bigs Barbee has recruited produce, we will be a NCAA team most probably. Our shooters and backcourt are good enough to get us to the tourney, they just need some help from the forward/ center positions on both sides of the floor.

Hasn't the SEC done away with divisions in men's basketball? Or is that still a year away....

I do think we'll be the most improved team in the nation. Probably win around 18 games. Depending which 18 it is, we could make the NCAA. If not at least in the NIT, it will be a disappointment.

Hasn't the SEC done away with divisions in men's basketball? Or is that still a year away....

I do think we'll be the most improved team in the nation. Probably win around 18 games. Depending which 18 it is, we could make the NCAA. If not at least in the NIT, it will be a disappointment.

The SEC has done away with divisions for standings purposes but scheduling is still done as if the division existed, meaning we still play home and home vs all the former western division teams and only play 1 game against former eastern division teams. Seeding for the SEC tournament will be done 1-12 based on how everyone finishes.

Thinking of this year as a stepping stone for next. Consistent improvement & ending strong are my hopes. NIT would be nice but I'm not going to lose sleep so long as we steadily improve. A middle of the pack finish in the unimpressive SEC West. IMHO we should beat at least one NCAA tournament team and have a couple good road wins, probably late in the season.

Archived