Auburn defeats North Florida

WarTiger

Final: 84-71

Very physical game tonight between these two. They combined for 56 fouls. 30 for North Florida and 26 for Auburn

North Florida totals:

FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OFF REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

26-54 8-18 11-25 9 29 17 7 4 16 30 71

Auburn Totals:

FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OFF REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS

26-52 4-10 28-43 12 37 12 9 6 15 26 84

This cupcake took Kansas State to OT last week. KSU beat Bama by 13 last night. Of course Bama beat N. Florida by 20 earlier this year so you can't make direct correlations. But N. Florida isn't a pushover for folks.

North Florida was a very physical team last night. It was good for us to get tested by this style of play. The officials had to step in between players jawing at each other on several occasions. I watched this game and it wouldn't have been close if Auburn could make layups. We EASILY got the ball inside the whole game and constantly missed easy shots. On the first 7-8 trips down the floor we got it inside 5-6 times and only came away with 2 baskets. I'm talking point blank layups. I won't talk about specific players because we don't do that here, but there is one player in particular that is more of a liability on the offensive end that he is an asset. We also still missed 15 free throws as well.

Archived