Avery Young

RunInRed

OL target...

Latest on Palm Beach Gardens OL Avery Young (6-6, 286): will announce on #SigningDay. No leader among Bama Gators Auburn UGA Sooners

@mattyports

ek2lom.png

Avery Young, OT

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

6'6 / 286

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Marshall, Michigan, North Carolina State, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Virginia Tech and West Virginia, among others.

247Sports: 4*, Top247 (211)

ESPN: 4*, ESPNU150 (117)

Rivals: 4*, Rivals100 (60)

Scout: 5*

Young is an easy offer guy in 2012. He has the size you look for, he has long arms, he is very flexible, and he gets off the ball well. He can pass protect and run block and he has a very high ceiling. You can improve his balance and his strength at the point of attack. He needs to hold his blocks longer, keep his feet under him, and just get better at the point of attack. He moves well and he'll continue to develop physically. - Chad Simmons

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=4872350

Avery Young knows what he's in for

After watching cousin in last year's game, UA All-American OT excited for his opportunity

Now a lean 6-foot-7, 270-pounder, Young has nearly four years of starting in the bank at Palm Beach Gardens (Fla.) and is one of the nation's most coveted offensive line prospects.

"I watched it last year, my cousin Brandon Fulse (now at Auburn) actually played in it (Under Armour game)," Young said. "I heard from a lot of guys that I know played in it and they told me it was a real fun experience and what a real nice time that they had there. So that helped me make my decision."

The game has been known for having the best linemen in the nation and some intense practice sessions. Young says he's familiar with some of the guys he might be squaring off against but isn't targeting anyone in particular.

"I see them as more or less equals," Young said. "They all wake up every morning like I do so we're all going to be ready to compete."

Young's senior season isn't over yet. Actually he hopes it's just beginning as Gardens will head to the playoffs next week and take on Lake Worth (Fla.) Park Vista in the first round. It's the first time Young has been on a winning team during his four years and he thanks new coach Chris Davis for much of the success.

"This might not be the most athletic team I've been on but the chemistry is great," Young said. "We communicate well and lift each other up.

"Coach Davis brought a family atmosphere and as we've become a family we have been able to accomplish more."

Young started taking his official visits two weeks ago with highly-publicized visit to Auburn and last week he headed to Tuscaloosa for the Alabama-LSU clash.

"It was intense, it was the most intense thing I've ever seen," Young said. "Just walking from the tunnel to the end zone and seeing everything. It was unbelievable."

Young named Auburn his leader after the first visit but admits he got a little caught up in the moment and wants to take all five visits before putting any program out front. A Georgia visit to scheduled for Nov. 19 and Florida is also on the list.

Read More: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7217348/avery-young-keeps-learning-improving

<iframe width="600" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zdTge9OnY08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="600" height="400" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NBG6Hf20OhU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• 4 weeks later...

He's skinny for 285... looks more like a DE.

Exactly! He has the size, weight and skills to play OT in the chiseled body of a very fast player. This guy is one we really want.

He sign yet? The last I saw on ESPNU was a verbal commitment to Auburn.

Archived