LARRY BIRD A RACIST!!!?!!!

The one thing that always bothered me when I played in the NBA," Bird said, "was I really got irritated when they put a white guy on me. I still don't understand why.

how can he say this! doesn't he know!

Linky Dinky

can we please take one more thing out of context!!!!!!!!!??????? larry Bird is not a racist, Hell, he didn;t even make an insensitive comment in my opinion. Usually when you are laughing as you say something, you intend it to be taken as humor. Larry Bird also said that he wished there were more white NBA stars...and if that statement makes someone a racist, then we are all racists, because every white dude thinks that. It's not a racist thing...it's a my people thing.

If Michael Jordan came out and said that he wishes that there were more black NHL stars and he couldn't for the life of him figure out why little white Craig Ehlo was guarding him in the NBA finals in 1995, he would not be labeled as a racist.

So stick it you overly sensitive, don;t have anything to write about so stir up something, low life, backstabbing, crybaby sports media!

I saw pieces of the interview and it didn't seem wrong to me. It was not pc at al and I say so what. He just said that black people made better nba players in general and he felt disrespected when someone put a white guy on him. Last time I looked black people did make much better nba players on the average.

:poke:

i've been out of pocket...has this gotten much play in the media??

It hasn't gotten BIG play, but I have seen it on the sports news a good bit and even mentioned in the regular news. The consensus is that his comments weren't a sign of racism just a blunt person speaking his mind, telling the truth, and not being pc about it. I saw one poll of viewers on espn and the majority responding weren't offended. It was something like 60-40 give or take a few % points. So there were quite a few offended, but not the majority. The poll question was "Were you offended by larry birds comments?" or something like that. It wasn't "Do you think Bird is a racist?".

Another thing he said was that the nba would gain poularity with white fans if more white stars emerged. It is funny to me that that statement would offend anyone. I don't guess any additional black people started watching golf when tiger woods emerged. :rolleyes:

i wonder who, exactly, were the offended...black people? why? it was a compliment, no?

whites? perhaps, but not likely, because we all fully understand what he said and why.

maybe it was the hispanics....

No, it was the Chinese. They all went on line and voted that they were offended. :P

I heard an interview with Jim Gray, who conducted the interview with Bird, Magic, Lebron and Carmello when Bird made these comments. He had been traveling and said honestly, he hadn't heard that there was much being said about it and that if people were offended by it, they were taking it completely out of context.

A few weeks ago, Barry Bonds made some remarks about being P.O.'d because of Roger Clemens' contract that allows him to stay home from road trips when he's not pitching. He said the only reason he was able to get that was because he's a white guy.

Where's all the debate? Where are the PC police? When does Barry start racial sensitivity training ordered by the league? He's a racist.....right? :ph34r:

No, it was the Chinese. They all went on line and voted that they were offended. :P

I heard an interview with Jim Gray, who conducted the interview with Bird, Magic, Lebron and Carmello when Bird made these comments. He had been traveling and said honestly, he hadn't heard that there was much being said about it and that if people were offended by it, they were taking it completely out of context.

A few weeks ago, Barry Bonds made some remarks about being P.O.'d because of Roger Clemens' contract that allows him to stay home from road trips when he's not pitching. He said the only reason he was able to get that was because he's a white guy.

Where's all the debate? Where are the PC police? When does Barry start racial sensitivity training ordered by the league? He's a racist.....right? :ph34r:

can barry even pitch?

No, it was the Chinese.  They all went on line and voted that they were offended. :P

I heard an interview with Jim Gray, who conducted the interview with Bird, Magic, Lebron and Carmello when Bird made these comments.  He had been traveling and said honestly, he hadn't heard that there was much being said about it and that if people were offended by it, they were taking it completely out of context.

A few weeks ago, Barry Bonds made some remarks about being P.O.'d because of Roger Clemens' contract that allows him to stay home from road trips when he's not pitching.  He said the only reason he was able to get that was because he's a white guy. 

Where's all the debate?  Where are the PC police?  When does Barry start racial sensitivity training ordered by the league?  He's a racist.....right? :ph34r:

can barry even pitch?

He's more of a bitcher than a pitcher. :lol:

Archived