Chad Slade is a fan of StatTiger

rebdawg

Chad posted this on his Facebook page a short while ago, "Thought this was interesting." Included with the post is a pic of ST's break down of Chad's block that sprung Tre for a TD in the bowl game.

I've often wondered if the coaches and players peruse forums like this to see what's being said about them and their team. If so, I hope they take some comments with a grain of salt!

Who's not a fan of StatTiger?! ;)

I know I am. I'd rather have stat's stuff than a million dollars. He must have pulled the status update or reset his privacy setting because it's inaccessible.

Oddly enough, I was shacked up at home yesterday (sick) and re-watched the bulk of that game. I thought the entire interior of the line (Slade, Dismukes, and Sullen) played a great game, individually and as a unit. After the first quarter, when we looked a little shell-shocked, they were the key to the run game. Even on plays where there were mistakes in the backfield or where the snap was mishandled, the blocking on the interior was so good that the plays resulted in 4 and 5 yard gains. Those three guys were dominant.

I expect Slade to shift outside to RT (where he started the season) because of our positional need out there, but I feel pretty comfortable with those three guys on the line, no matter where they're lined up. We just need two more pieces to fit the puzzle.

Just a little tidbit. I heard it come straight from Thig's mouth, right now Slade in his opinion is currently the the best o-lineman on team right now. Big upside, kid's an athlete and had some pretty good bball offers coming out of highschool.

(In my opinion I think Robinson can pass him by season's end but that's or another topic)

It'll be nice to see Slade stick at one spot instead of jumping around all season like he did last year due to injuries and inconsistent play from others. Good chance he grows into a consistent force on line this season, guard or tackle.

Just a little tidbit. I heard it come straight from Thig's mouth, right now Slade in his opinion is currently the the best o-lineman on team right now.

I still smile every time I think about how far Chad has come. I still remember him being described as a '3* project' out of high school and some even wondered why AU took him.

Archived