Thamel headed to SI

McWeagle

I hate to dignify that POS by suggesting that he might be a "rival", but I didn't want to ruin anybody's good mood by putting his name in the main forum. Mainly wanted to give a heads up to anybody else who frequents SI.com. Mandel is bad enough, but this is a deal breaker for me. It's unfortunate, as I've also avoided ESPN.com for the last couple years. Guess it's time to give CollegeFootballNews.com a shot.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/07/31/pete-thamel-is-leaving-the-new-york-times-for-sports-illustrated/

At one time, SI was only relevant because of their annual swimsuit issue. With the invention of the internet (thanx Al Gore!), pictures of bikini clad women can be found at any time; rendering SI useless.

I dropped my SI subscription several years ago and have never missed it. Them adding Thamel would have been enough for me to cancel it again, if I was still a subscriber.

Sports Illustrated has been irrelevant. As described a couple of posts above, they have had NOTHING to drive people to their site. This is an obvious attempt to bolster investigative journalism in order to get more attention through breaking stories.

Of course, all I have to say is "Congratulations to the New York Times and Fox Sports."

Of course, all I have to say is "Congratulations to the New York Times and Fox Sports."

Yeah, just saw that they've hired Thayer Evans, too. Yikes.

Slime balls of a feather, slither together. Won't waste my money on Slime Illegitimate anymore.

WDE

Sports Illustrated has been irrelevant. As described a couple of posts above, they have had NOTHING to drive people to their site. This is an obvious attempt to bolster investigative journalism in order to get more attention through breaking stories.

Neither of the two is a journalist, nor do they investigate anything.

Neither of the two is a journalist, nor do they investigate anything.

^^THIS^^ These two hacks are definitely not journalists!!

Where did you see that? Fox Sports still has DoucheBag listed as their Senior Football Writer (his latest article is dated 7/23), and he's not listed among SI.com's writers.

For that matter, the Pete Thamel story may just be rumor ... he has a post on NYT dated 8/4, and he is also not on the list of SI.com writers.

I hate to dignify that POS by suggesting that he might be a "rival", but I didn't want to ruin anybody's good mood by putting his name in the main forum. Mainly wanted to give a heads up to anybody else who frequents SI.com. Mandel is bad enough, but this is a deal breaker for me. It's unfortunate, as I've also avoided ESPN.com for the last couple years. Guess it's time to give CollegeFootballNews.com a shot.

http://www.thebiglea...ts-illustrated/

Print media is nearly dead before The Sporting News went out of publishing I thought they used to kick SI's @ss.

SI has great stories and photos but as far as full content not alot. The college football scorecard you get a blurb as well as Peter King blurb on the NFL. I get SI and always will but I cant believe they hired those 2 douches. Who is next that loser Slimebaum?

Where did you see that? Fox Sports still has DoucheBag listed as their Senior Football Writer (his latest article is dated 7/23), and he's not listed among SI.com's writers.

For that matter, the Pete Thamel story may just be rumor ... he has a post on NYT dated 8/4, and he is also not on the list of SI.com writers.

Reported in many places. You can try googling "sports illustrated <insert douchebag here>". If you're on twitter, both of them have changed their twitter handle to replace NYT or Fox w/ SI.

Well guess I won't be using that special they sent me in the mail. Was really cheap and thought about it since I had not had the magazine in 10 years.........definitely not going to now.

Reported in many places. You can try googling "sports illustrated <insert douchebag here>". If you're on twitter, both of them have changed their twitter handle to replace NYT or Fox w/ SI.

It hasn't been "reported" anywhere. Other than a few tweets (at least one of which links to an article that has been deleted) and message board posts, I see nothing about it.

In fact, I verified that neither of these douchebags has a wikipedia page, which calls into question whether they even exist....

Forget all that, I'm gonna sub to SI...

Then cancel immediately ...

and when the automated system asks why...

Well I'm sure we all know what I'll write there.

SI is extremely relevant as far as we're concerned since tens of thousands of folks coast to coast regularly read their garbage, including their vendetta articles re. AU. Which with this hiring will now probably increase. Yes?

• 3 weeks later...

Thamel posted his first article on SI today. Thayer hasn't posted anything on Fox since July 23, but is still listed as their National CFB writer. I can't imagine your featured writer not having anything to say for over a month before the start of the season. He still has nothing on SI. Maybe we can hope he is unemployed and we will never hear from him again.

Edit: there is an unverified (but seemingly legit) twitter account @ThayerEvansSI that claims he is a writer for SI. There haven't been any tweets from that account since June. The longer he is silent, the better for the sports world.

Thayer is busy concocting some incredibly elaborate and false stories from his parents basement. He's not even relevant any longer, which makes me smile. You spew garbage all the time and eventually people get tired of the bs and go somewhere else.

Archived