Persuading Rueben and Oku and Phillips

koboc

What's the attack on these guys, our selling points?

Rueben:  Is it our QB(s)?  I'm not sold on Jefferson at LSU.  Kodi's going to excell, I'm thinking, and Tyrik...well, Rueben has already seen the future of this kid.

Is it immediate playing time?

Is it the offensive scheme, the tempo, the shear number of plays per game (read: opportunities)?

Other?

David Oku.

PT?

Running Back U?

Dedication to the running game? (Both Tulsa and Oklahoma State averaged 200+ yards rushing!)

Other?

Phillips.

Our need?

PT?

Just got commit from his buddy?

Other?

Just interested in opinions on our strategy, if anyone wants to speculate.....

Yeah with the departure of James Swinton, Chris Slaughter, Robert Dunn, and Rod Smith... there should be no doub that Randle can get on the field next year.

Oku in my opinion would be a little tougher to persuade because we do have talent and depth at running back. He would have to compete if he came here, but thats not always a bad thing. If you guys think about it, we will be running that no huddle attack, so it increases the chances of the backs to get several carries a game. Oklahoma had two 1,000 yard rushers this year, running a no huddle. So Oku would be in the mix if he came here

very good points white tiger and koboc

Oku in my opinion would be a little tougher to persuade because we do have talent and depth at running back. He would have to compete if he came here, but thats not always a bad thing. If you guys think about it, we will be running that no huddle attack, so it increases the chances of the backs to get several carries a game. Oklahoma had two 1,000 yard rushers this year, running a no huddle. So Oku would be in the mix if he came here

Oku was definitely very high on AU at the beginning of the year until we got Franklin.  What he was so interested in was the tradition of great RBs.  He used to mention Cadillac and Ronnie all the time and was very excited to be a part of the great line of RBs.  He also knows all about Malzahn and his offense now so that would be the biggest selling points to him I think. 

Archived