That darn Microsoft

Hey Titan, Numa...you guys need to download SP2 (well numa at least) for xp.

Its got a lot of improvements on the wonderful world that is windows xp.

Interesting note, IE now has built in popup blocking and is a great deal faster than firefox.

Hey Titan, Numa...you guys need to download SP2 (well numa at least) for xp.

Its got a lot of improvements on the wonderful world that is windows xp.

Interesting note, IE now has built in popup blocking and is a great deal faster than firefox.

Link please!

Hopefully it takes care of the security issues that their last so-called fix left open. Otherwise, these guys are not going to be very happy:

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...indpost&p=78632

And congrats on getting a pop up blocker for the world's most popular browser. You're now to date with Mozilla and Safari, circa about 2-3 years ago. ;)

Dont know...this is actually a beta version of service pack two

its running about 2x faster than firefox though on my machine.

Guest AuNuma1

I've heard mixed reviews about SP2. Some say that it offers much more security. More people say that it's just going to open up support hell for MS because SP2 sacrifices compatibility for that security. Either way, I'll update when it's final.

I updated because I do some beta testing for microsoft...hehehe suprise huh?

But I have yet to find a single bug and my pc has been running for about 6 straight days since i put it in...

and numa as far as compatability is concerned, one would think my system would be a prime candidate for it since I also run beta NVIDIA drivers and have an nforce2 board...which is a relatively new chipset.

Guest AuNuma1

Hey BS, here's an article explaining more about those compatibility problems and it's not so much aimed at end users but more towards developers like yourself. I could see this causing some headaches for people, especially MS developers.

PCWorld.com

Archived