I'm Hearing Dyer Just commited to us!!

thewhiz7

I went over there and saw the thread about Dyer, but wouldn't let me read it. Says to try the 7 day free trial. Have you been able to read it?

Where do people keep hearing all these rumors?

usually from people just like you......

they assume it when someone asks dyer what is list of schools are and he says, "Auburn." he has insinuating he would be going to Auburn for awhile now. I've seen multiple interviews where, after it is over i'm thinking, that sounded like a commitment.

give it time. he will be in orange and blue next season, what does it matter if he commits before or after we beat Tennessee?

Yeah, I heard it from 3 different places. One was a friend that said espn twittered it as well as it being on the message board at hawgsports.com  One person has told me it may happen at the pep rally tomorrow. We'll see.

I'd have to go with a more powerful Barry Sanders! Good comparison cause I'd been wondering about that too!

Ok, please, stop with the Barry Sanders comparisons. He's not Barry Sanders. Sanders is one of the greatest running backs in NFL history. He made the best defensive players in the world look worse than Dyer is making high school kids in Arkansas look.

That said, his running style does at least have a couple of similarities to Sanders', and his build is pretty much the same. But Barry is like Bo in that there's never going to be another one. John Madden said you could put Sanders and another guy in a phone booth and it'd be ten minutes before the other guy could touch him. That's how quick he was.

Dyer is a special running back, no doubts. Just, well, I can't help it. Barry Sanders was my favorite NFL player for a lot of years. I've watched him make too many All-Pro defenders look silly to be ok with putting that kind of expectation on a kid in high school. Go ahead, rain fire down on my head for killing the buzz.

Ok, please, stop with the Barry Sanders comparisons. He's not Barry Sanders. Sanders is one of the greatest running backs in NFL history. He made the best defensive players in the world look worse than Dyer is making high school kids in Arkansas look.

That said, his running style does at least have a couple of similarities to Sanders', and his build is pretty much the same. But Barry is like Bo in that there's never going to be another one. John Madden said you could put Sanders and another guy in a phone booth and it'd be ten minutes before the other guy could touch him. That's how quick he was.

Dyer is a special running back, no doubts. Just, well, I can't help it. Barry Sanders was my favorite NFL player for a lot of years. I've watched him make too many All-Pro defenders look silly to be ok with putting that kind of expectation on a kid in high school. Go ahead, rain fire down on my head for killing the buzz.

I think red has a mancrush on barry sanders. ;) 

:laugh:  JK.

Not changing the threat topic, but who does Dyer remind you of as a runner? I went and looked at some film and I just couldn't put my finger on it, although I WAS IMPRESSED.

Maurice Jones-Drew, with a little Barry added in for good measure.

I think red has a mancrush on barry sanders. ;) 

:laugh:  JK.

True, but who didn't?

Dyer, to me, on his films, looks like he has the best vision of all the top backs this year.  He seems to really like taking the handoff out of the shotgun.  He reminds me a lot of Rudi in the way he seems to just step through arm tackles. He is much faster than Rudi though.  I definitely see the Jones Drew comparison, but not so much the Barry Sanders.

Archived