I'm Hearing Dyer Just commited to us!!

thewhiz7

I like the Jones-Drew comparison.

^^^THIS^^^

Yes, and for whoever that was saying they don't like the Sanders comparison as much, I meant that he makes moves similar to what you saw out of Barry from time to time.  I don't want anyone to think I believe he is just like Barry, but there are some Barry like tendencies that many have noticed.

I like the Jones-Drew comparison.

^^^THIS^^^

Yes, and for whoever that was saying they don't like the Sanders comparison as much, I meant that he makes moves similar to what you saw out of Barry from time to time.  I don't want anyone to think I believe he is just like Barry, but there are some Barry like tendencies that many have noticed.

I can handle that. And I like the Jones-Drew comparison.

Ok, please, stop with the Barry Sanders comparisons. He's not Barry Sanders. Sanders is one of the greatest running backs in NFL history. He made the best defensive players in the world look worse than Dyer is making high school kids in Arkansas look.

That said, his running style does at least have a couple of similarities to Sanders', and his build is pretty much the same. But Barry is like Bo in that there's never going to be another one. John Madden said you could put Sanders and another guy in a phone booth and it'd be ten minutes before the other guy could touch him. That's how quick he was.

Dyer is a special running back, no doubts. Just, well, I can't help it. Barry Sanders was my favorite NFL player for a lot of years. I've watched him make too many All-Pro defenders look silly to be ok with putting that kind of expectation on a kid in high school. Go ahead, rain fire down on my head for killing the buzz.

I think red has a mancrush on barry sanders. ;) 

:laugh:  JK.

Yeah, well, can ya blame me? Watch his highlight film sometime and tell me you don't get dizzy watching him zig and zag through defenses.

Another Barry fact: former Vikings coach Dennis Green actually stopped a game between his team and the Lions to have the officials check Sanders' jersey for silicon or some other slippery substance. None was found, of course.

Auburn born, Auburn bred, and when I die, I'll be Auburn dead!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

But I'll still hate bama :zapbama: :zapbama: :zapbama::wedance::tdau: :tdau: :tdau:

Question: I heard this kid runs a 4.39, any truth to this???

If it is, then his physical stature and speed should speak for themselves. 201 lbs is a lot of weight to carry for someone who's 5'8" (or is it 5'9"?), meaning he's thick, stocky and able to bounce off tacklers, that is if anyone even sees the guy running through the O line. If a 4.39 speed is added to this, then that alone, without all of his awesome film, should be enough to garner him a 5* rating. With the film, I think he deserves to be in the top 15 recruits, if not the top 10. At the very least, he deserves to rated higher than Lattimore (who I was never very high on.)

Michael, Marcus and Lache have always been high on my list. They will remain there until they prove me wrong by signing with someone other than us.

Archived